Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give me one good reason not to drop artifice.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Give me one good reason not to drop artifice.

mechintel
01.23.2012 , 06:48 PM | #11
Another reason...

You get to wear this shirt.

http://rlv.zcache.com/im_not_ugly_im...4z850c_400.jpg

Randomness
01.23.2012 , 06:54 PM | #12
Do the level 50 dailies get you offhand stuff? Just curious.

EvanSnowWolf
01.23.2012 , 06:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahab View Post
You can get the same or better enhancements from daily quests.
Irrelevant.

We are comparing crew skill usefulness. Artifice creates Enhancements. Armormech and Synthweavers make nothing of commodity value.
"But you know how it is, cows go moo, dogs go woof, and mmo players go the pvp is unbalanced." - Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw.

Hypernetic
01.23.2012 , 06:59 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EvanSnowWolf View Post
Irrelevant.

We are comparing crew skill usefulness. Artifice creates Enhancements. Armormech and Synthweavers make nothing of commodity value.
It's completely relevant since the enhancements are worthless.

Pherdnut
01.23.2012 , 07:02 PM | #15
There are up to 7 reasons. 7 other characters you can fit on your account that won't need artifice. What, am I the only guy playing 8 characters at once?
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

Sakki
01.23.2012 , 07:07 PM | #16
The enhancements arent worthless, they're as good as the 1 enhancement you get from 1 daily. The ones we craft also have a wider variety of stats which is nice.

Also, Rakatta relics. as a tank you should be quite happy with those. One relic with power and endurance as passive stats and a defensive secondary stat on use, and one full endurance passive with an irrelevant DPS stat on use which you can choose to ignore (they share CDs anyways as far as i know).

And then there's a moddable lightsaber schematic which, assuming the same rules as armstech weapons apply, can crit and give you an augment slot in your lightsaber.

/thread

Hypernetic
01.23.2012 , 07:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakki View Post
The enhancements arent worthless, they're as good as the 1 enhancement you get from 1 daily. The ones we craft also have a wider variety of stats which is nice.

Also, Rakatta relics. as a tank you should be quite happy with those. One relic with power and endurance as passive stats and a defensive secondary stat on use, and one full endurance passive with an irrelevant DPS stat on use which you can choose to ignore (they share CDs anyways as far as i know).

And then there's a moddable lightsaber schematic which, assuming the same rules as armstech weapons apply, can crit and give you an augment slot in your lightsaber.

/thread
They aren't as good as the daily ones, they are much worse.

Any gear you get at 50 has way better enhancements in it already anyway.

I already have the rakata relics and they don't require artifice to use.

Orange items are crap, I have a battlemaster ligthsaber that is 10x better than a level 47 blue lightsaber with an augment slot.

Anything else?

JCVM
01.23.2012 , 07:13 PM | #18
They will definitely balance the other professions with Biochem sooner or later. If your already 400 Artifice or similar, you might as well wait for now, since you gotta be well pissed if they announce major changes to professions in say, a month's time. Just wait until their profession revamp is announced/implemented, then decide what suits you best and whether Artifice is still useless or not.

Kaydul
01.23.2012 , 07:17 PM | #19
You guys are so bad at convincing him to keep artifice you've convinced me to drop synth and grab biochem
If you want a game that works go back to WoW bro!

JCVM
01.23.2012 , 07:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaydul View Post
You guys are so bad at convincing him to keep artifice you've convinced me to drop synth and grab biochem
Bad choice I think. Maybe one of the worst decisions you will make in your SWTOR history