Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Removing a pre-order code, so I can add an CE pre-order code

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Removing a pre-order code, so I can add an CE pre-order code

TheDiscoBoy
12.14.2011 , 06:41 PM | #1
Good afternoon / morning Bioware team.

I've been fortunate to get my hands on a CE after having previously ordered a Standard.
I want to update my Pre-Order Code for the CE I have, however since I've already registered for a Standard, I get an error.

How do I remove the old pre-order code, so I can add my new one?

Kind regards,
The Disco Boy.
*in my best oversized fish voice*

tuxedojericho
12.14.2011 , 06:54 PM | #2
Pre order code is just for early access. When you get the CE in hand, it will have another code, called the "Product Key". When you put this in, you will get access to the CE benefits.

Pew, Pew, Pew! Super Bomb!

Codeshock
12.14.2011 , 06:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by tuxedojericho View Post
Pre order code is just for early access. When you get the CE in hand, it will have another code, called the "Product Key". When you put this in, you will get access to the CE benefits.
This /\/\

the pre order code is same for every version "Crystal and Early access" you can have a normal code enter but the only one that matters is the CD-Key you enter at launch or when you get your copy. thats where you get your items from.

Thorinux
12.14.2011 , 06:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheDiscoBoy View Post
Good afternoon / morning Bioware team.

I've been fortunate to get my hands on a CE after having previously ordered a Standard.
I want to update my Pre-Order Code for the CE I have, however since I've already registered for a Standard, I get an error.

How do I remove the old pre-order code, so I can add my new one?

Kind regards,
The Disco Boy.
Well, I'm not Bioware team, but I may be able to help.

As far as I know, this issue has been addressed already. You cannot change the pre-order code you have in currently and there's no real need to. The pre-order code is basically just for Early Access. When you get your physical game box however, you -will- have to enter the -product key- which is on/in the box. That will register your product as Collector Edition and give you access to all the bonus CE goodies that come with it. The pre-order code does not give you access to these (Just early access and the color stone).

Hope this helps.

TheDiscoBoy
12.14.2011 , 07:21 PM | #5
Thanks very much for your assistance everyone!
See you all in the game!
*in my best oversized fish voice*