Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Luke, worst Jedi in history?

BladeStrike
01.24.2012 , 07:43 AM | #21
The fights were so simple because of the time the movies were made....obviously. I actually prefer them to the ballet in the prequels. Also the original fights had meaning to each one more than just some fight to the death.

Lets not forget that Luke got thought the basics before having to train himself. Its not the same as having a healthy teacher, strong in the force or not.

Patzn
01.24.2012 , 07:52 AM | #22
The fights in the old movies had a symbolic meaning and werent about how fancy they look.

Thats why today we need 3D cinemas. Priorities change.

Sad...

undeadsithdread
01.24.2012 , 08:33 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sithlordcip View Post
Judging by his lightsaber skills?

In Return of the Jedi, when he fights Vader on the death star he moves so slow and he sucks dueling.

He cant be compared to Vader on Mustafar when Vader fought Obi Wan

/discuss
LOL!

trollol
Sith assassin Forever!

Noczod
01.24.2012 , 09:12 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
He said he was a better swordsmen, but he never spars with Yoda.

And Yoda is not the best swordsmen in the universe, where did you get that?

HAve you ever watch ep.2 attack of the clones?
Just wondering, its prolly in the first half an hour when there chasing the bounty hunter.
Obi says to Anikin if you speant half as much time on your sword as you did you wit you would rival master yoda as a swordsmen, anikin reply I thought I already did that. Obi wan then says only in your mind my young aprentice.
As for what I read where it said Yoda was the best swordsmen I can not recall, but if you also watch the movies its pretty easy to see since he destroys everyone he encounters with a lightsaber.

Rayla_Felana
01.24.2012 , 09:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Noczod View Post
HAve you ever watch ep.2 attack of the clones?
Just wondering, its prolly in the first half an hour when there chasing the bounty hunter.
Obi says to Anikin if you speant half as much time on your sword as you did you wit you would rival master yoda as a swordsmen, anikin reply I thought I already did that. Obi wan then says only in your mind my young aprentice.
As for what I read where it said Yoda was the best swordsmen I can not recall, but if you also watch the movies its pretty easy to see since he destroys everyone he encounters with a lightsaber.
That quote was a painfully obvious joke from Obi-Wan.

schwartzpedro
01.24.2012 , 09:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by HadLone View Post
Just taking the movie aspect out of it, events of ROTJ takes place 23 years after the fight on Mustafar. Vader has been a practicing Sith all that time. Prior to that he was training as a Jedi from the age of 8 or 10.

The events of ROTJ takes place 1 year after Empire (although the novelization gives the time period as six months), so that is how long Luke has been studying, on his own, since leaving Yoda to save Han.

So, cut the kid some slack eh?
So the great Galatic Empire only survived for 1 year?

EcGBorn
01.24.2012 , 09:21 AM | #27
Annie was the best. Hands down. And it was truly him who brought balance not Luke. Remember it was him who killed the emperor, not Luke.

Noczod
01.24.2012 , 09:22 AM | #28
A joke yes, obviously it happened. Anikin also thought he won. Plus I belive in one of the books it goes into details on a duel between the two.

sttichthejedi
01.24.2012 , 09:26 AM | #29
as i understand it, mace windu, being the senoir council member, was the better swordsman. yodas power was understanding the force, and teaching others. yoda was wise, windu was powerful.

anakin was stronger than obi wan, even while he was a padawan, but his arrogance, inexperience and impatience lost him the fight with obi wan.

luke is actually the one of the greatest of the jedi, cause he did what neither obi wan or yoda could do. he brought vader back to the light, which is the true sign of a jedi.

at least thats my opinion from what ive seen and read
Farewell little orange pixel, you shall be missed
RIP

Valsdad
01.24.2012 , 09:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
i totally agree in the movies he sucked at fighting especially in ROTJ but i heard in the books he becomes really strong
The EU authors have made Luke into the character he should have been all along. Even when Jacen Solo eventually turned into full on Sith, he feared Luke in a straight up battle and always planned to never have to face him.
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel