Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Very Inspiring Assassin PvP Video! Battle Master lvl 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Very Inspiring Assassin PvP Video! Battle Master lvl 50

djpravda
01.23.2012 , 01:35 PM | #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To-k7ZaZGmA

Greetings all!
I was surprised by the lack of PvP videos for Assassins out there so I put together one. This is not any type of skill presentation video and strictly serves Entertaining purpose only, you will see some lowbies in the begging and under geared opponents, something I can not control in the game.

The first 3 clips are from pre 1.1 Patch in mixed brackets but after its all 50 brackets vs geared opponents including Battle Masters.

This is my first video so I apologize ahead for editing.

This Video is for Entertaining purposes only! Please read before watching, might save you 15 mins of your time.

Do not watch this video if you:
donít like fast passed combat
donít like cool down abuse and usage
don't like big crits
donít like stance dancing
donít like club and house music
donít like assassins

Do watch this video if you:
Like all above

Link to the build I am using:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZRRrRkhrbtzZc.1

Q&A:

Q: Why 2 points in Insulation?
A: It adds a little bit over 5% damage reduction. Since you will be using surge charge most of the time its one of the best talents you can get specially for being a squishy Assassin 

Q: Why only 1 point in Duplicity?
A: Itís just a point filler. If I had a choice to skip it I would never pick this talent. Maul is not worth using in a current state due to positioning requirement and laggy gameplay. Besides Maul just doesnít fit into rotation even with a proc.

Q: Why 1 point in Obfuscation(Stealth)?
A: Again just a filler for quick Energy regen out of stealth. You fights are out of stealth and 10 second regen is not worth 3 points.

Q:Why not chain shock build?
A: Iíve tried it many times and dmg is just not there specially vs high armor targets where Surging Charge gives you 9% Armor Pen.

Q: Why pick talents up to Lighting recovery?
A: Itís the best mobility and survivability talent you can get. Reduces cd on your main abilities you use every fight. Do I need to say more?

Q: What is the best opener for Assassin?
A: Always Force Slow!! Low energy cost, great out of stealth opener, can crit more then Maul!!!

Your feedback for this video will determine my future productions. If it kept you entertained even for a minute then my work succeeded.

Thanks for swinging by and May the Foce be with you!
Dice ---- Sith Assassin--- 690Expertise
DeathWind Corridor- PvP East.
Assassin PvP Video
http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Khio
01.23.2012 , 01:48 PM | #2
Wow.. been playing assassin since the start and I just realize how strong is deception. I did tried it but got tired of getting in the back of ppl. Tried madness, I liked all the range abilities but it was too slow. I am in love with Darkness, very strong and I call it a disrupter. You don't kill much but god Im a pain in the butt.

Now the way you play your deception build is very very interesting. I got about 350 expertise so I won't hit as high as you do but should be plenty of fun.

Ty alot for your insight.

Casciope 50 Assassin

GruulTapul
01.23.2012 , 03:16 PM | #3
What is really interesting are his damage numbers. I'm specced nearly the same, but lack good equipment and my VS does like 800 and I've never seen my discharge crit for such numbers, even with my buffs up.

Still, if those are the real numbers, the difference between darkness and Deception is much bigger than people claim.

Thank you very much for the Video, Sir .

djpravda
01.23.2012 , 03:38 PM | #4
Glad you liked it guys! Assassin is not a bad class like most people think we were just very gear dependent
Dice ---- Sith Assassin--- 690Expertise
DeathWind Corridor- PvP East.
Assassin PvP Video
http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

HakiMertkan
01.23.2012 , 06:44 PM | #5
Awesome video!
Cant wait till i get to my Deception assassin to lvl 50.
Video is inspiring indeed. Keep up the good work!
°dn ǝpıs sıɥʇ

supersonicks
01.23.2012 , 07:30 PM | #6
Looks awesome. Though my way to get the gear necessary to be viable is paved with pain and suffering. Tried a similar build coming out of 50 and i get destroyed without much gear on. So, I went with a darkness build for better survivability, later on will be switching back to deception when gear is better.

lokivoid
01.23.2012 , 09:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by djpravda View Post
Glad you liked it guys! Assassin is not a bad class like most people think we were just very gear dependent
Tank wise its terrible, even with full BM gear. Considering our primary mitigation is bypassed by pretty much every player attack (minus the no cost attack everyone starts with).

Zederok
01.24.2012 , 12:12 AM | #8
No offense but all I saw was you getting healed and almsot dieing to other scrubs. Both times in your video when you were 1v1 you were losing till you got a big heal. Anyone can get your same amount of damage with a heal bot backing them up. Next time you want to impress me then go into a WF as a Pug and check your numbers, I assure you that you wont reach near the amount of kills or damage as you do with a heal bot.

xaven_
01.24.2012 , 05:42 AM | #9
As long as everyone is totally ignoring you, you can have a lot of fun. Sure.

Stigas
01.24.2012 , 06:26 AM | #10
Damage has -never- been a concern for Assassins. The issue(s) come when we're focused, and rightly so. Most other classes have excellent abilities to deal with/mitigate damage. We have the fewest tools and lowest flat mitigation.

I did enjoy the video, though! Just because it didn't showcase what was frustrating with Assassins, doesn't make it a bad video. I liked the music and the pace.
S'tigas \\ Iron Citadel