Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SidisAran
12.30.2011 , 01:18 PM | #871
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwraith View Post
Before I found this thread I found another one JUST like it with 8 pages, at the end of the eighth page there was a BW admin post saying

"We are aware of the situation and are attempting to mass any concerns here (they then posted the link to this thread) saying then they are aware of it and are working towards a solution.

ALSO

Perhaps they did not think that they would have needed to continue to say to people "we are aware it's fix is in progress" constantly.

It's almost like a child on a long care ride saying

"are we there yet, are we there yet how about now? how about now? Now? Now? Now?"
The point is that they haven't given an ETA, or anything other than "keep waiting." I've worked in customer service industries (good riddance) and "I don't know" doesn't cut it.

After the amount of time that's passed it's come to either "they don't care" or "they have no idea how to fix it." Both options are equally ridiculous. The only ones with it worse are the Bounty Hunters, but it's likely a similar issue.

DigitalMaster
12.30.2011 , 01:18 PM | #872
My biggest concern is if by continuing to play my JK (which is level 48) will I miss out on special dialog in certain quests - main quest that is? If so then that makes this bug even more aggregavating than at first. I will be pissed if I miss out on any special quest dialog as a result of this bug. I have a feeling I already did.

Spoiler
--- Proud member of =ORD= found here ---

Watch some of the best SWTOR walkthrough videos WEBGAMINGCENTRAL

JhannPaul
12.30.2011 , 01:27 PM | #873
OK I AM GETTING AGGRAVATED STILL NOTHING ROM BIOWARE!?!?!?!?!?!?! Please I want to be civil but my patience is running low I want Kira's bug fixed though I fear it may be to late for me, I am level 41 just entered belsavis and done all planets before that with her, I rescued her former master and I fear that she may have had a quest for me after but nothing!!!! PLEASE BIO WARE!!!!
I will face down all darkness in the galaxy.

Spyderwraith
12.30.2011 , 01:35 PM | #874
Quote: Originally Posted by SidisAran View Post
The point is that they haven't given an ETA, or anything other than "keep waiting." I've worked in customer service industries (good riddance) and "I don't know" doesn't cut it.

After the amount of time that's passed it's come to either "they don't care" or "they have no idea how to fix it." Both options are equally ridiculous. The only ones with it worse are the Bounty Hunters, but it's likely a similar issue.
I work in a technical field and I know the mindsets of people who want things fixed immidiately.

As for an ETA- as an example they gave an ETA for the patch on last tuesday- it went over by a margin and people SCREAMED at them so ultimately they cannot win.

ALSO

The "they do not care" or "have no idea how to fix it" is an assumption.

In my line of work things go wrong that take engineers months to fix and people SCREAM. but ultimately it is resolved.

Patience is a virtue.

People say "the fix is easy" but unless they have created a massivley intricate game such as this one and promoted it to the public then can it really be that easy?

Perhaps they do know how to fix it but if they do it has effects on something else unforseen. And then you say "well they shouldn't have released it to which I say If they kept it in development even longer people would scream at that too.

DrakeBerenal
12.30.2011 , 01:43 PM | #875
If they don't know how to fix it, they should add a new conversation that opens the flag. It should come up regardless of the choices chosen at the mining asteroid, even if they chose the right option. This way people who have the bug can continue. and those without just get an extra chat.

Vicen
12.30.2011 , 01:45 PM | #876
They have more then enough money and more then enough people to fix this bug in one day....yet they continue to let it stew and basically say

"Sorry you Jedi Knights and your Kira bug just aren't worth are time...just yet..."
Swooping...is...bad...

Yukondoit
12.30.2011 , 01:46 PM | #877
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwraith View Post
I work in a technical field and I know the mindsets of people who want things fixed immidiately.

As for an ETA- as an example they gave an ETA for the patch on last tuesday- it went over by a margin and people SCREAMED at them so ultimately they cannot win.

ALSO

The "they do not care" or "have no idea how to fix it" is an assumption.

In my line of work things go wrong that take engineers months to fix and people SCREAM. but ultimately it is resolved.

Patience is a virtue.

People say "the fix is easy" but unless they have created a massivley intricate game such as this one and promoted it to the public then can it really be that easy?

Perhaps they do know how to fix it but if they do it has effects on something else unforseen. And then you say "well they shouldn't have released it to which I say If they kept it in development even longer people would scream at that too.
Dude, you're talking way too much common sense for this place.
"The nine most dangerous words are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

We all want new playable races. Specifically, we all want Bothans.

Yukondoit
12.30.2011 , 01:51 PM | #878
Quote: Originally Posted by Vicen View Post
They have more then enough money and more then enough people to fix this bug in one day....yet they continue to let it stew and basically say

"Sorry you Jedi Knights and your Kira bug just aren't worth are time...just yet..."
And who are you again to judge whether they "have more than enough money" for anything? Do you have BioWare's accounting book? Do you know the cost of server maintenance? Each individual employee's salary? How about the total cost of overhead? What about their power bill? Do you have a chart denoting their transaction costs with their partner clients? Do you even know how many employees Bioware has working on TOR? Tell me, how much is BioWare spending on paper each month? Pens?

Please elucidate for us.
"The nine most dangerous words are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

We all want new playable races. Specifically, we all want Bothans.

Barycentre
12.30.2011 , 01:53 PM | #879
Quote: Originally Posted by Yukondoit View Post
And who are you again to judge whether they "have more than enough money" for anything? Do you have BioWare's accounting book? Do you know the cost of server maintenance? Each individual employee's salary? How about the total cost of overhead? What about their power bill? Do you have a chart denoting their transaction costs with their partner clients? Do you even know how many employees Bioware has working on TOR? Tell me, how much is BioWare spending on paper each month? Pens?

Please elucidate for us.
http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/assocfu...00-000-abonnes

DigitalMaster
12.30.2011 , 01:54 PM | #880
Quote: Originally Posted by Yukondoit View Post

Please elucidate for us.

Though you make valid points, this bug is rather glaring and in some ways game breaking. For that reason I am in the middle of the issue having both patience and at the same time wanting them to hurry up and fix it.
--- Proud member of =ORD= found here ---

Watch some of the best SWTOR walkthrough videos WEBGAMINGCENTRAL