Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vayres
12.28.2011 , 02:38 PM | #641
Quote: Originally Posted by zapkeet View Post
let's all try to remain civil about it shall we?
Hm, i'll meditate at your wisdom.

AleksHoaas
12.28.2011 , 02:41 PM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
I'm indeed glad to get a response, and I don't mean to be nagging now, but is there any possibility of some sort of ETA? I mean, if this is gonna take a month, I might as well reroll... even though I really don't want to reroll my character, as that would be kinda boring, having to do every single mission over again, I'd rather reroll and get past this bug... or if there's any way to reverse our character's progression within the Main Story. I don't mind having the Main Questline restarted... Back to Nar SHaddaa, or even back to Tython. I just want to have this fixed, one way or another, and I don't want to have to wait several weeks for it.
CE.

PhoenixViridian
12.28.2011 , 03:19 PM | #643
If you want them to act faster, there are three things you can do.

1: Message them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/swtor

2: Message them on FaceBook: www.facebook.com/starwarstheoldrepublic

3: Call their toll free number and report a patch bug, saying that the patch that says it fixes Kira does NOT fix kira.

They won't want the information about a bug this big on twitter or facebook, and those are public forums where they opened up for support questions.

Oh and remember to use the public tweets on twitter (and not a message), and to put the message on the WALL on the facebook link.

ciparis
12.28.2011 , 03:30 PM | #644
10k affection, level 41, and I'm still stuck with a silent Kira. It was rough having our hopes raised by the last patch, only to find things remain unresolved for everyone who'd been affected.

In-game reports just get closed with the usual "we forwarded your report" non-answer.

I am really bummed out by this. They should reset the Kira questline for anyone who requests it, back to before the problem occurs. It shouldn't take another week. I'm not going to keep playing this character that long without this key part of the class storyline working.

PhoenixViridian
12.28.2011 , 03:34 PM | #645
Quote: Originally Posted by ciparis View Post
10k affection, level 41, and I'm still stuck with a silent Kira. It was rough having our hopes raised by the last patch, only to find things remain unresolved for everyone who'd been affected.

In-game reports just get closed with the usual "we forwarded your report" non-answer.

I am really bummed out by this. They should reset the Kira questline for anyone who requests it, back to before the problem occurs. It shouldn't take another week. I'm not going to keep playing this character that long without this key part of the class storyline working.
Then do what I said above. A message from EACH person affected will get results, they wont want this huge bug in public.

Methriln
12.28.2011 , 03:38 PM | #646
man this sucks lol i literally just did the ds flirt option like 20min before the patch that fixed it for people who hadnt gotten that far. Then i happened to be browsing the forums and found this thread fml .

theadjectivenoun
12.28.2011 , 03:40 PM | #647
yeah...this does suck i am almost 7k affection w/ Kira and she still won't let me "Force Choke" her...I mean what kind of relationship are to have, if we can't date or anything...

owenstm
12.28.2011 , 03:48 PM | #648
Bioware should have put a warning out to people as soon as they knew about this bug so that everyone could avoid this.

calhounhusker
12.28.2011 , 03:59 PM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by owenstm View Post
Bioware should have put a warning out to people as soon as they knew about this bug so that everyone could avoid this.
This.

If this has been a known bug for quite some time, a warning should have been put out IN GAME.

It's odd that I could excuse the queues, some lag, and some other things but this is almost game breaking. Kira is a huge part in this story.

Just reset my class quest line. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I really don't wanna reroll 80+ hours of gameplay just because of this issue.

AleksHoaas
12.28.2011 , 04:04 PM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by calhounhusker View Post
This.

If this has been a known bug for quite some time, a warning should have been put out IN GAME.

It's odd that I could excuse the queues, some lag, and some other things but this is almost game breaking. Kira is a huge part in this story.

Just reset my class quest line. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I really don't wanna reroll 80+ hours of gameplay just because of this issue.
Agree on this one.
CE.