Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

calhounhusker
12.27.2011 , 04:13 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by vindianajones View Post
I seem to have been a victim of this bug as well. I don't remember picking the dark side flirt option during The Defector, but I suppose I did. Problem is, I have no way of checking my decision, and since I have about ~800 dark side points, it could be part of that.

The lack of an ETA is particularly frustrating. I understand that it may be an obscure bug and difficult to track down, but the fact that they are aware of it and have already fixed it for new players is very disappointing. I was really looking forward to this fix today, thinking it would resolve the main issue - the main issue being that a bunch of us are already bugged. I didn't even find out about this until yesterday when I was doing some research into why I hadn't gotten any dialogue quests with Kira when I did on all of my other characters.

Are we supposed to wait an entire patch cycle for this to be actually fixed now? Because so far they haven't fixed anything for the players who experienced the bug before it was widely known.

Gah... I shouldn't be so mad about this, but I have a lousy feeling that it's gonna be another month before this is actually addressed.
Im in agreeance here, I just found this bug out a day or so ago and was looking forward to this fixing it. I really also shouldnt be that angry about it but I kinda am. I don't want to reroll a Level 34 Sentinel because I chose the dark side option.

Not enough to drop sub or reroll, but I really enjoy the companion storylines, and I hate that we are getting screwed out of the natural companion story line.

Also, this is really the first thing that has actually bothered me about this game.

Verbum
12.27.2011 , 05:16 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by soapyluggage View Post
Okay so my Kira is bugged. I've read through this thread and I see some hints about romance affecting the main story. I've finished Act I and started Quesh... Should I not finish this planet until she is fixed? Is this going to start affecting my main class story?
This is basically what I was asking too. Does anyone know?
Can we continue to play and simply avoid our story line missions (after doing the flirt option)?

zapkeet
12.27.2011 , 05:37 PM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Verbum View Post
This is basically what I was asking too. Does anyone know?
Can we continue to play and simply avoid our story line missions (after doing the flirt option)?
i don't see why not, i'm more curious about whether or not we can do our story missions, but i doubt it, because i'm sure they're affected in some way. If not it'll be a bioware first

that's what i'm doing, just focusing on side missions/flashpoints/etc. and I'll wait till they get this fix out

Vicen
12.27.2011 , 05:42 PM | #524
Isnt the only way to romance someone if your jedi a dark side option anyways? So if were getting screwed for actually wanting to get a romance thats going to piss me off...

Or are you somehow suppose to not flirt with her and magically you then get a romance?

Regardless fix this bug! This is the only thing that bothers me since JK is my main! At least the smuggler (my alt) does not have this hideous bug...
Swooping...is...bad...

memyself
12.27.2011 , 05:43 PM | #525
So...I'm still on Nar Shadaa, am I still okay with Kira? I still don't get the quest icon on my ship that she wants to talk, but I know she does. Actually, since the patch I've yet to even see the 'wants to speak on ship' pop-up, but it showed up multiple times yesterday. I've got 3100ish Affection with her as well.

JayDubyaDub
12.27.2011 , 06:40 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Vicen View Post
Isnt the only way to romance someone if your jedi a dark side option anyways? So if were getting screwed for actually wanting to get a romance thats going to piss me off...

Or are you somehow suppose to not flirt with her and magically you then get a romance?

Regardless fix this bug! This is the only thing that bothers me since JK is my main! At least the smuggler (my alt) does not have this hideous bug...
While I believed this, it now seems apparent that there is in fact a way to complete all of her companion quests and romance cutscenes without dark side points.

I know this because people who did not take dark side points (of which I have exactly 50 from exactly one statement ) have been able to advance the story as intended.

This IS a confirmed bug, of course, and if it weren't, it wouldn't make a lot of sense. By merely being nice and supportive to Kira in that cutscene you get a modest amount of affection... but prior to today, at least you didn't get the bug.

On the other hand, by expressing possessiveness and passion - that you wouldn't let anything bad happen to her - you take 50 dark side points.... but you also get the largest amount of affection I've ever seen from any one dialogue choice - about 150. "Totally worth it," said I. She responded very positively to the statement in game as well, reflecting this.

And that was the last time I got any opportunity for a unique Kira conversation, so no, it was not worth it. Now the game experience has suffered greatly for it. The game design kind of lured me into a game breaking trap - no save files, no second chances, and by all indications, the desired romance storyline meant dipping my toe in the dark side (think back to the quest on Tython, where supporting the Jedi couple was considered dark side)..

Now the trap is no longer set for anyone else to spring, but the poison still courses.

Antivenom, please.

Joefjr
12.27.2011 , 06:51 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by memyself View Post
So...I'm still on Nar Shadaa, am I still okay with Kira? I still don't get the quest icon on my ship that she wants to talk, but I know she does. Actually, since the patch I've yet to even see the 'wants to speak on ship' pop-up, but it showed up multiple times yesterday. I've got 3100ish Affection with her as well.

I still get the "she wants to talk to me on the ship" pop-up and still nothing.

goatfoam
12.27.2011 , 07:16 PM | #528
This needs hotfixing for players already ****** by it.

PhoenixViridian
12.27.2011 , 07:18 PM | #529
This is the kind of thing that seriously pisses me off. You don't put a patch in that says "Fixed the Kira Carsen Affection Bug" and then it's not fixed.

That is LYING to customers, and that is now the first step where BioWare is NOW following in SOE's footsteps. We might as well have SONY running this game and making ToR NGE!

Strayth
12.27.2011 , 07:20 PM | #530
Good news everyone. Doc is also bugged. Have fun. I mean the lack of hood toggle, the fat butt feature, the hardness of the class, were already a lot of fun, but now since all companions are broken, it's gonna be even more fun !