Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cadan
12.15.2011 , 03:48 PM | #11
I think I have found the bad flag. From reading the old threads and playing JK twice on the beta and now in early access I can say the following things with reasonable confidence. No points vs dark side made a difference.

Major spoilers for Kira storyline:

Spoiler

Obviously there are flag errors, I doubt your choice of words is supposed to block conversation attempts with her. I can't say for sure how many bad flags there are but I can say that avoiding the choices I mentioned above will help you out! Lesson is avoid the DS flirt (even if you are darkside, its only 50 points).
Proof the Devs do read your posts!
Quote: Originally Posted by MattPucevich View Post
Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick!

Syphid
12.15.2011 , 03:50 PM | #12
Very interesting, Caden. I'll advance through the story and see if I can get similar results.
-= SHADES OF THE FORCE =-
The Grey Jedi Guild

Cadan
12.15.2011 , 03:57 PM | #13
Just gave her a few more gifts and another mission came up

Spoiler
Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick!

Lacrymoire
12.15.2011 , 04:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cadan View Post
Just gave her a few more gifts and another mission came up

Spoiler
So,I'll avoid the first DS romance option then everything will flow as it should.Is that right?

Atamasama
12.15.2011 , 04:24 PM | #15
I think I have found the bad flag. From reading the old threads and playing JK twice on the beta and now in early access I can say the following things with reasonable confidence. No points vs dark side made a difference.
Holy crap, you are my hero. You totally made my day.

I think back to beta, and I did exactly what you suggest in your spoiler and sure enough, I was bugged. I finished Nar Shaada and was well through Tatooine and still no other quests popping up. I'll remember the fix this time through. This thread should be stickied until they fix this problem.
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿▀▀‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)

Cadan
12.15.2011 , 04:24 PM | #16
yeah however I don't know for certain this is the problem so don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work heh. I recommend it though

Atamasama
12.15.2011 , 04:33 PM | #17
yeah however I don't know for certain this is the problem so don't hold me responsible if it doesn't work heh. I recommend it though
If it doesn't work, THERE WILL BE BLOOD!!!!

Just kidding, thanks for giving me at least some hope. If you got it to work for you then I bet you did figure it out.

Emeka
12.15.2011 , 05:26 PM | #18
My friend just confirmed that the "not choosing the dark side flirt" worked for him....FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UU BIOWARE!

How is THAT the key??? All this time! Thats why they never said anything, it was designed that way and its stupid. A lot of people are not going to know this and will RAGE when they finally get in game
Search your feelings, you know it to be true
CHAMPIONS OF THE FORCE
The Best Damn Republic Guild

Atamasama
12.15.2011 , 05:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Emeka View Post
How is THAT the key??? All this time! Thats why they never said anything, it was designed that way and its stupid. A lot of people are not going to know this and will RAGE when they finally get in game
I think Cadan is just smarter than the devs.

Cadan
12.15.2011 , 05:40 PM | #20
think ill post on the champs forum as well