Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

zerorsw
01.20.2012 , 04:41 AM | #1921
Quote: Originally Posted by mottinchops View Post
Same thing happened to me I get the companion conversation indicator on Kira's portrait, then a minute or 2 later it will disappear. I thought 1.1 was supposed to fix that.
I've been having the same issue. Dunno whats going on, I thought they were supposed to have dealt with the problem. It seemed like it was taken care of the surface but I dont think the problem has really been dealt with. Its really disappointing too since companions are such a huge part in this game.
Ze'ro Gravity

Lomerell
01.20.2012 , 07:39 AM | #1922
Quote: Originally Posted by zerorsw View Post
I've been having the same issue. Dunno whats going on, I thought they were supposed to have dealt with the problem. It seemed like it was taken care of the surface but I dont think the problem has really been dealt with. Its really disappointing too since companions are such a huge part in this game.
It's a DIFFERENT BUG. Do your research. I've posted guide/faqs about this (other) bug and the Kira one and how to tell the difference between them and whether you're bugged, and I really don't have the energy to repeat it all a 458th time.

The mission icon for conversation (when no conversation is ready) is a DIFFERENT BUG that has NOTHING TO DO with the (fixed) Kira bug.

There was nothing in the patch notes about fixing this (completely unrelated) other bug.
"There arises from a bad and unapt formation of words a wonderful obstruction of the mind." --Sir Francis Bacon
"y do u care how i rite or spell?" --Average gamer.
"F****** grammer nazi's!" --Actual player, 1/12/12

themistocles
01.20.2012 , 07:50 AM | #1923
Quote: Originally Posted by Lomerell View Post
It's a DIFFERENT BUG. Do your research. I've posted guide/faqs about this (other) bug and the Kira one and how to tell the difference between them and whether you're bugged, and I really don't have the energy to repeat it all a 458th time.

The mission icon for conversation (when no conversation is ready) is a DIFFERENT BUG that has NOTHING TO DO with the (fixed) Kira bug.

There was nothing in the patch notes about fixing this (completely unrelated) other bug.
I read that this isnt a bug, it means you have enought affection but you are not far enough along in the story to get the quests.
Khannon Corsair
Jonis Corsair
Kylan Corsair

mmcfearin
01.20.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1924
Quote: Originally Posted by themistocles View Post
I read that this isnt a bug, it means you have enought affection but you are not far enough along in the story to get the quests.
Thanks for the note this has been driving me crazy, I have over 9000 points with her but she has only talked to me 3 times on ship. I am only level 26 and just getting to Alderan so not to far into the story. Thanks someone finally makes some sence with out getting rude and snotty about how many times they may or may not have explained the issue.
Life is like a crazed bounty hunter with a box of thermal detonators. No matter how well the meeting goes it will end badly one day.

mottinchops
01.20.2012 , 11:04 AM | #1925
Yes lomorell I did do my research if you look at the 1.1 rise of the rakghoul patch notes, and scroll down to the companion characters section. After it lists ashara zavros, jaesa willsaam, Kira carsen there is a section that says BUG FIXES on the fifth bullet point it says "corrected an issue that caused the indicator that a companion wants to talk to you to disappear" so yes the patch notes do say that they fixed the problem yet it still exists. Notice how I managed to correct you without being rude.

mottinchops
01.20.2012 , 11:06 AM | #1926
Sorry for misspelling your name in the previous post

ErisktheRed
01.20.2012 , 01:09 PM | #1927
Quote: Originally Posted by themistocles View Post
I think there is a bug but this is true also... I know after certain points I get a big clump of Kira convos like 3-4 then no more until another big part of the story is gotten through then the same. If you see the icon and click on your companion and they should say they want to speak with you privately.
Erisk Redlemur (In-Game:Erisk, Kaleisk) - King Slacker/GM of the League of Xtraordinary Slackers REPUBLIC, HARBINGER US Contact/Site: Xtraordinary Slackers
Corellian Run Radio Article On Guild
"Slack Together, Work Alone!"

lympic
01.20.2012 , 02:41 PM | #1928
hey so im level 25. about to face kiras brother. and if a choose the darkside flirt i should be bug free.
"You canít win, Darth. Strike me down, and I will become more powerful

than you could possibly imagine.Ē- Ben Kenobi

Yetilanduk
01.20.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1929
I have this bug on Kira Carson. I am now level 46 and just leaving Voss after completing the class quests and bonus series.
I have had several occasions where she says she wants to talk but if I make any move to go to the ship the chat icon disappears and I get no conversation.
Hence I have not spoken with her since then. Actually thinking about it I have not had a conversation with any of my crew since then.
This is not me. I am up to speed with my class missions and my affection with her is almost 7000. Doc is also on over 5000 affection.
So...
1. Did I upset her on Nar Shaddah and now she's having a hissy fit?
2. Is it a hormonal thing?
3. Is it still a bug that they said hey have fixed?

Personally I think it is number 3 and they need to get it sorted. My life with my lackies is awfully dull now. I wish I could sack them and get some new crew who might feel the urge to speak to me now and then.

lympic
01.20.2012 , 03:58 PM | #1930
hey guys i just want to make sure that if i do the darkside flirt ill be okay
"You canít win, Darth. Strike me down, and I will become more powerful

than you could possibly imagine.Ē- Ben Kenobi