Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spyderwraith
01.16.2012 , 07:46 AM | #1841
Quote: Originally Posted by mekipeki View Post
Not sure if this any help for anyone, especially 1.1 supposedly fixing this, but after I completed chapter 1, I get all my "due" conversations in ship and cantina with Kira, so progressing past chapter unstuck it for me.

Cheers
You aren't bugged at all if this happens.

Spyderwraith
01.16.2012 , 07:48 AM | #1842
Quote: Originally Posted by Averran View Post
Hello everyone,

We would like to make sure that recent updates are very clear to all of you as some seem to be curious about details still. Game Update 1.1, coming out on January 17th, should resolve the issues that have been experienced with Kira's storyline.

Thank you all for the patience and feedback provided during the discovery and resolution of this issue! This thread will remain open as there is no need to stop the discussion.
I'm taking it upon myself to repost this on the new page

TheNevet
01.16.2012 , 01:16 PM | #1843
Glad it looks like they're fixing it cause my Kira looks to be bugged as well. I made my JK on about Jan. 1st so it was supposed to be fine for all the new JK's after a certain date (like dec 26 iirc).

But I'm at level 27 with a little over 4k affection and she hasn't said anything to me since shortly after I got her.

EDIT: Or not. Right after I posted this, I finished the Nar Shaddaa class story and she started talking. Got 4 different conversation pieces all at once. Guess it's not broken after all.

eatZecaai
01.16.2012 , 01:47 PM | #1844
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNevet View Post
But I'm at level 27 with a little over 4k affection and she hasn't said anything to me since shortly after I got her.
That sounds completely normal. Her dialogs only really start after finishing Act1, which happens around lvl35 iirc. The reason is in her story which will only be uncovered in the act finishing fight.

edit: no wait, there will be a little info after fighting her "brother" which happens around lvl28 or 30 iirc. Anyways, don't worry. You just haven't progressed far enough yet.

Spyderwraith
01.16.2012 , 01:51 PM | #1845
Quote: Originally Posted by eatZecaai View Post
That sounds completely normal. Her dialogs only really start after finishing Act1, which happens around lvl35 iirc. The reason is in her story which will only be uncovered in the act finishing fight.

edit: no wait, there will be a little info after fighting her "brother" which happens around lvl28 or 30 iirc. Anyways, don't worry. You just haven't progressed far enough yet.
You get one quest when you first get her as a companion.
Then nothing until the defector. After the defector three quick quests in succession.
Then NOTHING at all until you finish act 1

Icysoull
01.16.2012 , 04:36 PM | #1846
Can't wait for the patch ! I really hope we won't get any trouble with our companions after 1.1
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿║▀▀▀║‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)

Lomerell
01.16.2012 , 05:30 PM | #1847
Quote: Originally Posted by Icysoull View Post
Can't wait for the patch ! I really hope we won't get any trouble with our companions after 1.1
Doc's Crazy Talk quest is still bugged. There is nothing about it in the Patch Notes or any Dev posts that I've seen. It took the Devs several weeks of responding about Kira before a fix was actually released; so far as I can tell, they aren't even aware of the Doc issue.
"There arises from a bad and unapt formation of words a wonderful obstruction of the mind." --Sir Francis Bacon
"y do u care how i rite or spell?" --Average gamer.
"F****** grammer nazi's!" --Actual player, 1/12/12

Icysoull
01.16.2012 , 05:32 PM | #1848
Quote: Originally Posted by Lomerell View Post
Doc's Crazy Talk quest is still bugged. There is nothing about it in the Patch Notes or any Dev posts that I've seen. It took the Devs several weeks of responding about Kira before a fix was actually released; so far as I can tell, they aren't even aware of the Doc issue.
Yeah but i think there's still the convo bug with all the companion. happens to me sometime. They want to talk but when i enter my ship or a cantina they don't want to talk anymore
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿║▀▀▀║‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)

soapyluggage
01.16.2012 , 09:20 PM | #1849
....aaaaand 1.1 has been delayed without an ETA.

Amazing.

zapkeet
01.16.2012 , 09:22 PM | #1850
Quote: Originally Posted by soapyluggage View Post
....aaaaand 1.1 has been delayed without an ETA.

Amazing.
it's going to be within the next few days, I heard they found some deadly bug on it