Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keejay
01.06.2012 , 05:52 PM | #1621
Cheers Stephen, now you've made me a happy Jedi
Keiji - Swordmaster and Jedi Knight Of The Blazing Sun

Abriael
01.06.2012 , 05:59 PM | #1622
Quote: Originally Posted by Raailan View Post
The fix is in the next patch - 1.1. Take a look at the Public Test Server forum for details.
Stephen just told that it probably won't be by the 10th.

Two cases. Either they push the "major patch" out by the 10th (1.1 DEFINITELY looks like a major, and very welcome, patch) , earlier than Stephen expected, which would, be possible, after all Stephen isn't a developer, so some lapse in communication between the development and marketing staff can happen, or 1.1 will come later, probably by the 17th.

If the first option proves to be true, call me an happy camper that will forgive this very, very messy mishap. It will also be very clever on Bioware's part, as it'll hit right before the first free months expire. They'll definitely get my "Well Played" stamp.
If the second happens, my happyness will be much, much more contained.

Please Lord, let it happen on the 10th.

Idunhavaname
01.06.2012 , 06:48 PM | #1623
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update on this issue. We know it's been very frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we've worked to fix it.

Our next major patch should deploy to the Public Test Server pretty soon, and amongst other things, that patch should completely fix the Kira Carsen issue. After that patch has been thoroughly tested and verified we'll be deploying to the live servers; we'll announce an ETA on that when we have a confirmed date.

Again, thank you for your patience on this issue.
YESSSS THANK YOU! I would kiss you Mr Stephen Reid if you would kindly give me your adress.

RIP orange pixel

TirJin_Meteos
01.06.2012 , 06:50 PM | #1624
Quote: Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
If the second happens, my happyness will be much, much more contained.

Please Lord, let it happen on the 10th.
I'm extremely happy either way. Seven days is nothing, considering I was just about to reroll anyhow. Before Stephen's first post today, I was under the assumption that a fix for this was coming in the distant future, or possibly never.

I feel bad because you've been here right alongside me this whole time representing the rational and polite members of our class. Just think to yourself, it's only one more week...
Jedi Guardian
-
9/29/11 - Never Forget.
Dear BioWare: Thank you for finally fixing the Kira bug.

Esrac
01.06.2012 , 06:52 PM | #1625
Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you a quick update on this issue. We know it's been very frustrating and we appreciate your patience while we've worked to fix it.

Our next major patch should deploy to the Public Test Server pretty soon, and amongst other things, that patch should completely fix the Kira Carsen issue. After that patch has been thoroughly tested and verified we'll be deploying to the live servers; we'll announce an ETA on that when we have a confirmed date.

Good news. Just wish you could implement the Kira bug fix by itself sooner. "Major Patch" gives the impression it'll be a few weeks or months. And I'm tired of seeing my Jedi Knight going unplayed.

Harkules
01.06.2012 , 07:20 PM | #1626
Hello everyone,

AWESOME news Stephen. You guys deserve more credit than some would say
"Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you."
―Jolee Bindo

Abriael
01.06.2012 , 07:35 PM | #1627
Quote: Originally Posted by TirJin_Meteos View Post
I'm extremely happy either way. Seven days is nothing, considering I was just about to reroll anyhow. Before Stephen's first post today, I was under the assumption that a fix for this was coming in the distant future, or possibly never.

I feel bad because you've been here right alongside me this whole time representing the rational and polite members of our class. Just think to yourself, it's only one more week...
It's one more week (actually 11 days from now, if it doesn't happen on the 10th), after several weeks. No sorry, as much as i LOVE this game (and I'm going to award it a very flattering score in my upcoming review, so no, I'm no hater), we got to be balanced, and we have to dish the tough love together with the love when warranted.

This matter was objectively handled badly. While I understand the relief you're feeling (and partly I feel it as well), communication has been way insufficent until today, and the wait has been too long. If the fix goes up on the 10th (before the first month starts to expire and people have to start paying), it'll border on the acceptable. Past that, it'll start to look worse with every day that passes.

Bioware *needs* to be reminded that this situation has been handled poorly, in order to keep the example in mind and not repeat the same error in the future, especially in the field of communication.

We all want this game to be successful, and to achieve that Bioware needs to step up it's game in this kind of stuff. By forgiving and forgetting this freely, we're not helping that.

E-Argos
01.06.2012 , 07:45 PM | #1628
Quote: Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
It's one more week (actually 11 days from now, if it doesn't happen on the 10th), after several weeks. No sorry, as much as i LOVE this game (and I'm going to award it a very flattering score in my upcoming review, so no, I'm no hater), we got to be balanced, and we have to dish the tough love together with the love when warranted.

This matter was objectively handled badly. While I understand the relief you're feeling (and partly I feel it as well), communication has been way insufficent until today, and the wait has been too long. If the fix goes up on the 10th (before the first month starts to expire and people have to start paying), it'll border on the acceptable. Past that, it'll start to look worse with every day that passes.

Bioware *needs* to be reminded that this situation has been handled poorly, in order to keep the example in mind and not repeat the same error in the future, especially in the field of communication.

We all want this game to be successful, and to achieve that Bioware needs to step up it's game in this kind of stuff. By forgiving and forgetting this freely, we're not helping that.
Considering that the VAST majority of bugs fixed in the recent updates have been bugs that cause client crashes, graphical issues, lag problems, chat bugs, and exploits, I'd say it's a little hyperbolic to consider this an urgent issue. For the players whom it affects, yes, it's a problem, but we need to remember that this bug doesn't affect player mechanics, game performance, exploitable issues or anything that causes humongous gameplay problems. It's a bug that removes one companion's ability to develop in one class's story in a few particular instances.

Is it a bad thing to have happen in a game post-ship? Absolutely.

Am I upset that it happened and has it negatively affected my opinion of this game? Yes.

Is it nearly as urgent to fix as the majority (read: MAJORITY. Yes, there have been minor cosmetic things done, but these are mainly small, simple fixes like the addition of the "Darth" title) of the issues addressed by the last few patches, when you consider that they directly affected people's ability to play the game, access the client, or manage an economy? Can't say that it is.

As bugged as I am that the Devs couldn't fix this patch pre-launch, and that they were slow to react when it became apparent that it was an issue, I am fully sympathetic to the fact that it may not come out for another week or two, considering the sheer amount of game-breaking issues, which this bug, to all but the staunchest role-players, can't be said to be. It's an annoyance and a hindrance.
Thoughts on Guardian armor? Cast your vote and state your case now in the
Jedi Guardian Armor Poll!
Over 2000 people have voted! The community has spoken, and 70% dig the new look.
How about you?

Abriael
01.06.2012 , 07:50 PM | #1629
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Argos View Post
As bugged as I am that the Devs couldn't fix this patch pre-launch, and that they were slow to react when it became apparent that it was an issue, I am fully sympathetic to the fact that it may not come out for another week or two, considering the sheer amount of game-breaking issues, which this bug, to all but the staunchest role-players, can't be said to be. It's an annoyance and a hindrance.
You may have a very different idea than I do on what is gamebreaking. A bug that locks a large number of people out of a sizable amount of content (and the full extent of their companion romance options) can definitely classified as that, and I definitely define it very near to gamebreaking. There aren't or weren't many other bugs that have that effect.

That said, no matter how many issues there are. There's nothing that prevents or prevented Bioware to communicate the issue much, much more effectively, promptly and timely than they did, and by "much more" i mean Much More. Technical issues I can accept when they're handled as promptly as humanly possible, bad/overly slow and unresponsive customer support, not so much.

That said, I still hold hope that the patch will hit on the 10th, considering that there was no other patch on the PTS to separate the one we have now live and the one on the PTS now. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping. If that happens, I'll be much more forgiving (I still not going to forget, and Bioware shouldn't as well, there are a lot of lessons to be learned in this thread for their CS).

Barycentre
01.06.2012 , 07:57 PM | #1630
I'm impressed. I really thought they simple weren't going to fix it at all. Good news