Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mackenziemi's Avatar


mackenziemi
01.05.2012 , 09:47 AM | #1471
Quote: Originally Posted by Tylemaster View Post
We shouldn't be ashamed of ourselves. This is an issue that has been known since Beta, and almost everyone here who has experienced it has benched their characters because of the issue. We got a single dev post early on claiming it would be fixed "in a few days", and "a little longer" for those of us that already have the glitch. 2 weeks later, we get a patch that fixes it for new players, and no word since on whether or not this will be fixed for those already bugged soon, or if it will take weeks, or whatever. It's upsetting that everyone is so vocal in this thread about how they've had to abandon their main chars, and Bioware isn't making any more posts telling us what they're doing, how long it will take, whether it would be just faster to reroll, etc. We've got nothing, and this is making a lot of players not want to play the game.
Agreed. The thing that is really frustrating is not knowing what the game plan is on this issue. if I have to re-roll then I would like to know sooner than later. If my toon is salvageable then I would like to know that too. For the record, my main is the toon effected. However that said I am a developer professionally I know that sometimes its very hard to give time tables especially when you are still getting your head wrapped around what has gone wrong and what the scope of that is. To anyone at Bioware reading this post I think a little info would go a long ways as far a defusing the situation. Even if that info is only that we are still determining the scope of the problem. That is just my 2 cents

Fallenlore's Avatar


Fallenlore
01.05.2012 , 09:51 AM | #1472
Its crazy the amount of people that would rage quit the game if Bioware doesn't fix their love romance in game. Think about it folks, you'd quit just because you couldn't get it on with your virtual girlfriend in game?

I'd suggest you find another way to get your kicks, lol. I'd love to have Kira fixed, but that's like not even 1% of the entire game for me. Threatening to rage quit makes it sound like the ONLY reason you play this game is to get it on with Kira. I hear the Sims online gives you plenty of opportunity to "get it on" with virtual females.

zapkeet's Avatar


zapkeet
01.05.2012 , 10:00 AM | #1473
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallenlore View Post
Its crazy the amount of people that would rage quit the game if Bioware doesn't fix their love romance in game. Think about it folks, you'd quit just because you couldn't get it on with your virtual girlfriend in game?

I'd suggest you find another way to get your kicks, lol. I'd love to have Kira fixed, but that's like not even 1% of the entire game for me. Threatening to rage quit makes it sound like the ONLY reason you play this game is to get it on with Kira. I hear the Sims online gives you plenty of opportunity to "get it on" with virtual females.
I disagree with you saying it's "only 1%", it's still a significant gameplay experience, and I'm not going to advance with the main story until it's fixed, and the main story is, arguably, a GIANT chunk of the game

with THAT being said, people in this topic are overreacting and are acting like a bunch of babies. Yes I would like an ETA, but they have acknowledged time and time again that they've been working on it, they'll get it done, and spamming them with bug reports, threats, blackmail, etc. isn't going to get it done any faster. People seriously need to grow up, they're working on it, give it time

Thennov's Avatar


Thennov
01.05.2012 , 10:02 AM | #1474
And here is me, just having finished whole main quest series - I really hope I will get the lost conversations with Kira back :s - Haven't talked to her since coruscant :s

Kishalmighty's Avatar


Kishalmighty
01.05.2012 , 10:20 AM | #1475
Only now, where I'm half way through chapter 2 with nearly 9k affection, do I realise this issue. Really does kill the fun tbh and I'm pretty disappointed that I could potentially be missing important story factors. Don't really want to get any further with my JK until this is fixed.
Lightsabers - The Ice Lollies of the Stars.

ShadowsCannon's Avatar


ShadowsCannon
01.05.2012 , 10:44 AM | #1476
I've gone back through this epic thread and can someone please clarify this for me:

I don't remember what date I did the quest, but I had the conversation with Kira and selected the darkside flirt. After the darkside flirt I had a second conversation with her and picked the flirt option again, this time she kissed me. Is there a conversation to come AFTER that before you finish act one, or am I infact not bugged and should go ahead and finish ACT 1?

I can't remember if there was a separate conversation before the darkside flirt (which would make the 3 conversations?).

Lomerell's Avatar


Lomerell
01.05.2012 , 10:45 AM | #1477
Quote: Originally Posted by Fallenlore View Post
Its crazy the amount of people that would rage quit the game if Bioware doesn't fix their love romance in game. Think about it folks, you'd quit just because you couldn't get it on with your virtual girlfriend in game?

I'd suggest you find another way to get your kicks, lol. I'd love to have Kira fixed, but that's like not even 1% of the entire game for me. Threatening to rage quit makes it sound like the ONLY reason you play this game is to get it on with Kira. I hear the Sims online gives you plenty of opportunity to "get it on" with virtual females.
I'm not ragequitting, but my heart sure sank when I learned of this bug.

"Man, Doc and T7 sure are chatty!"

NO, KIRA IS BROKEN.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The one I cared about. The one I (in my head) trained. The one I intended to romance.

Imagine going to see a movie. There's action, suspense, twists, and romance. The rest of the movie is intact. But 20 minutes where you found out whether the hero gets the girl is gone. You just sit in the theater chatting until the film returns to the screen.

Wouldn't you want your money back?

Now, in SW:TOR's case, I'm not demanding my money back because I still hope they fix it, and I can play alts in the meanwhile. But for my favorite class/plot to have such a glaring hole, the movie metaphor is apropos and would cause even more anger/frustration than you're seeing here.

SidisAran's Avatar


SidisAran
01.05.2012 , 10:45 AM | #1478
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowsCannon View Post
I've gone back through this epic thread and can someone please clarify this for me:

I don't remember what date I did the quest, but I had the conversation with Kira and selected the darkside flirt. After the darkside flirt I had a second conversation with her and picked the flirt option again, this time she kissed me. Is there a conversation to come AFTER that before you finish act one, or am I infact not bugged and should go ahead and finish ACT 1?

I can't remember if there was a separate conversation before the darkside flirt (which would make the 3 conversations?).
Finish Act 1. You'll get the remainder of the conversations after that, if your affection is at the required level. The bugged option was fixed on the 27th.
"Any problem that can be solved with a lightsaber is a good one."
Something something Dark Side Guardian something something

SuperSair's Avatar


SuperSair
01.05.2012 , 10:46 AM | #1479
Finished Act 1 on my Re-Roll Knight.

For those who wish to know how romance with Kira effects the dialogue in main and side quests look below:

Spoiler

mackenziemi's Avatar


mackenziemi
01.05.2012 , 10:52 AM | #1480
Quote: Originally Posted by SidisAran View Post
Finish Act 1. You'll get the remainder of the conversations after that, if your affection is at the required level. The bugged option was fixed on the 27th.
I started my toon in early access. I have finished Chapter 1 and I have over 6K affection with Kira. She still hasn't talked to me at all as of last night. So does the fix only work if you reroll?