Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

zapkeet
01.03.2012 , 04:43 PM | #1371
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwraith View Post
I agree there and I can only offer up an assumption to the tune of after the defector questline You would then just automatically assume that's where it was headed so the "spoiler" isn't thought of as one?
well still, I didn't know we were going to head to the actual emperor, but yeah, I guess it can make sense, I just remember someone saying the last boss is a spoiler, granted they said that they are going to "confront the emperor", that doesn't really tell us who the last boss is technically

Akantis
01.03.2012 , 04:49 PM | #1372
Hey Bioware. Care to check out this problem before I change it for you? QUICK EASY FIX GIVE ME THE ACCESS CODES AND I WILL GOD DAM FIX IT. Please don't tell me your going to ruin the story line for so long and with little feedback. I will get henrys bucket full of dinosaurs and wwe will fixx this problem. YAR ME LASSY
SWTOR GIVE ME MOAR CHARACTER SLOTS!!!

ZeoFiveRed
01.03.2012 , 05:12 PM | #1373
I found out about this bug when the patch came out, now every day i come to check the situation. I was on Balmora and at level 37 when i found this out. I stopped playing as my Guardian at that momment and made a Bounty hunter. Though i couldnt resest the appeal of my jedi knight so returned to play it thinking ill just get to know t7 more. Now i am 41 and have finished hoth and think am about to do last mission of act II. Bioware could you please hurry up and and let us know when and if this will be fixed, as i dont want to progress any further as this is an important momment of the campain and i think kira will be important in it. So please bioware just tell us something... anything

Deadsanto
01.03.2012 , 05:13 PM | #1374
Can bioware please give a ETA......thats all im asking dint leave us in the dark.......
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Tendeep
01.03.2012 , 05:21 PM | #1375
Quote: Originally Posted by Deadsanto View Post
Can bioware please give a ETA......thats all im asking dint leave us in the dark.......
Ditto

Korph
01.03.2012 , 05:30 PM | #1376
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperSair View Post
Okay let's clear this up one last time, all simple like.

If you have done the Defector quest, AND got the THREE Kira companion conversations that follow, but now do not have any more conversations with her then you're not bugged, and you just need to....

FINISH ACT ONE!!!

You will get more conversations after it. So, do that before you make another post claiming that you're bugged when you really aren't.

Jeez...

Also: the "talk on the ship" icon over your companion portrait when they don't have a actual conversation is a UI BUG that effect's all companions of all classes and has no effect on the game at all.

thank you for this solid piece of advice i was looking for, cheers

durasteel
01.03.2012 , 06:04 PM | #1377
I'm sure BioWare has long since quit reading this thread, but this bug has really screwed up my game experience. I was set to go when early access kicked off (I pre-ordered on day one) and had several friends and a guild ready to level with. When I finished act 1 without any progress with Kira, I looked here and found out what the problem was, and the character has been on the shelf ever since.

I'm trying to catch up to my friends with my Consular, but by the time I do they'll be in their 40s at least. I've missed out on playing the character with friends, and when they finally fix this crap I'll be leveling solo, just like I'm leveling solo now. That sucks from a fun perspective, but since there are "social points" in the game, it sucks twice as much. I'll be at level 50, and might possibly have made it to soc. level 2, while the friends that I was planning to play the game with are all at the highest tier.

I guess the most frustrating aspect of this is a complete lack of any sense of urgency from BioWare. To them, apparently, this is a minor issue that can be fixed when they get around to it. To me, this has made my "main" character unplayable, which really means that my game is broken. I don't feel any need to demand a free month of game time, or free epics, or a pony... but I would like a bunch of social points for my Knight. I think that's fair, since the bug cost me the opportunity to play with my friends, and it has no impact on balance. I think that however many points it takes to get from Soc I to Soc II would be appropriate.
When my fist clenches, crack it open before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news before I laugh and act like a fool

Zstroyer
01.03.2012 , 06:44 PM | #1378
Well... the problem is certainly discouraging.

Like many other here, I was hit by the bug a couple weeks ago and have since leveled my guardian to 48. In the process of doing so, I managed to bring my Synthweaving, Archaeology, and Underworld Trading to 400 and Kira's affection rating to the max (10k).

Still, I have yet to receive a single mission from her. Many of us were under the impression that the bug would only affect her companion quests and nothing more, but I find that she continues to fail crew skill missions, or bring back meager resources, as if she still had a low affection rating.

I've compared her results to other companions with much less affection and these others continue to bring in better results (I've considered their individual bonuses which do not apply to this test). Despite her affection at max, I feel the bug forces her to operate at the affection level she was during the time of the bug.

IMO, Kira was not a make or break with regard to the JK class story, but I certainly feel that there is a gap in it because of the inability to progress her story. It feels like she's just dropped out of the experience altogether. We need this issue resolved like Guardians need more dps.
₪₪
CROSSBONES
₪₪

Deadsanto
01.03.2012 , 08:35 PM | #1379
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperSair View Post
Okay let's clear this up one last time, all simple like.

If you have done the Defector quest, AND got the THREE Kira companion conversations that follow, but now do not have any more conversations with her then you're not bugged, and you just need to....

FINISH ACT ONE!!!

You will get more conversations after it. So, do that before you make another post claiming that you're bugged when you really aren't.

Jeez...

Also: the "talk on the ship" icon over your companion portrait when they don't have a actual conversation is a UI BUG that effect's all companions of all classes and has no effect on the game at all.
This^^^
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

spartandane
01.03.2012 , 08:50 PM | #1380
Well it's nice to see Bioware isn't paying any attention to this thread. Probably shouldn't go start new ones in customer service or anything like that.