Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NemesisKane's Avatar


NemesisKane
01.01.2012 , 05:54 AM | #1121
Rerolled around patch time, kept the original Knight. At level 26, not as big a loss as I feared. Had a little help from a friend who had rolled up a Consular (parallel story questing is fun!) and am currently at lvl 20. As for the bug when the crucial moment comes, according to the majority of accounts, I'm safe.

Now, I've mostly kept my peace when it comes to accusing BW of being insensitive to our cause, but I'll say this, as a man who avoided MMOs like the plague until this rolled around: I think BW are underestimating the importance of the bug, and should at this stage at the very least throw the afflicted ones a bone now that the root of the problem is fixed. If not an ETA, then something - anything - though I'm afraid the anger and frustration has festered for too long now for any token of appeasement to be taken the right way.

I must admit, being back on Taris at the moment of writing this, the journey has been a bitter pill to swallow, but I have been able to make better choices for my character. Then again, I was only level 26 when I became aware, so I might not be the most afflicted of us all. While I wish we didn't have to wait so long for even an ETA, I'll at least give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they'll come through in the end.
This is my post. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

AleksHoaas's Avatar


AleksHoaas
01.01.2012 , 06:01 AM | #1122
Quote: Originally Posted by Amanda_C View Post
This is what they hope all Jedi Knights will do. They are incapable of fixing this and they don't want us to know. They refuse to give information about this issue. They are hoping we just give up and go away. By not communicating with us about this issue they are showing us that it is OUR problem and not something they care about.

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.
Considering how many thousands of Knight out there who are affected by this bug, they can't expect everyone to reroll. I simply rerolled to pass time, but they will have to come with a fix soon. At least they could talk to us a bit more.
CE.

Tocca's Avatar


Tocca
01.01.2012 , 06:02 AM | #1123
I'm really stuck on what to do here, my jedi sentinel is on level 23 and is 4 rep away from 1000 (which i think is the first initial conversation)? anyway, im scared to level him up more and progress with kira incase i get inflicted with this bug? i have tried to read the forums but have little understanding... have they fixed it for people who have not yet reached there?
"diversity is an old, old wooden ship"
(█▒|▒|▒|▒|█///☼\\\███████████████████████████)

AleksHoaas's Avatar


AleksHoaas
01.01.2012 , 06:13 AM | #1124
Quote: Originally Posted by Tocca View Post
I'm really stuck on what to do here, my jedi sentinel is on level 23 and is 4 rep away from 1000 (which i think is the first initial conversation)? anyway, im scared to level him up more and progress with kira incase i get inflicted with this bug? i have tried to read the forums but have little understanding... have they fixed it for people who have not yet reached there?
It should be fixed for Knights who hasn't reached that point in the story yet, but to be sure, avoid the DS [Flirt] options, and do the Neutral [Flirt] option that occurs after a visit to the Jedi Council.
CE.

Tocca's Avatar


Tocca
01.01.2012 , 06:28 AM | #1125
Quote: Originally Posted by AleksHoaas View Post
It should be fixed for Knights who hasn't reached that point in the story yet, but to be sure, avoid the DS [Flirt] options, and do the Neutral [Flirt] option that occurs after a visit to the Jedi Council.
By doing the neutral [flirt] option, am i still able to progress in the relationship with kira though? or does it stall my progress more? i mean as long as we end up together in the end thats fine.. reaaally want to see where this whole kira love interest plays out!
"diversity is an old, old wooden ship"
(█▒|▒|▒|▒|█///☼\\\███████████████████████████)

AleksHoaas's Avatar


AleksHoaas
01.01.2012 , 06:46 AM | #1126
Quote: Originally Posted by Tocca View Post
By doing the neutral [flirt] option, am i still able to progress in the relationship with kira though? or does it stall my progress more? i mean as long as we end up together in the end thats fine.. reaaally want to see where this whole kira love interest plays out!
Nah, you'll get the whole romance stuff. Most of it doesn't start after Act I anyway.
CE.

Therien's Avatar


Therien
01.01.2012 , 07:14 AM | #1127
Im sorry if this has allready been asked.. Is the Kira questline connected with your progress in the main story? Or is it entirely based on affection?
(||▒▒▒▒||۝||)◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙*

Abriael's Avatar


Abriael
01.01.2012 , 07:38 AM | #1128
Quote: Originally Posted by Therien View Post
Im sorry if this has allready been asked.. Is the Kira questline connected with your progress in the main story? Or is it entirely based on affection?
Its start is connected with the main story. It'll begin right after the end of Act 1 (after Tatooine/Alderaan), after that, conversations appear depending on affection and there's additional dialogue during the main quest.

Abriael's Avatar


Abriael
01.01.2012 , 07:42 AM | #1129
Quote: Originally Posted by NemesisKane View Post
Rerolled around patch time, kept the original Knight. At level 26, not as big a loss as I feared. Had a little help from a friend who had rolled up a Consular (parallel story questing is fun!) and am currently at lvl 20. As for the bug when the crucial moment comes, according to the majority of accounts, I'm safe.

Now, I've mostly kept my peace when it comes to accusing BW of being insensitive to our cause, but I'll say this, as a man who avoided MMOs like the plague until this rolled around: I think BW are underestimating the importance of the bug, and should at this stage at the very least throw the afflicted ones a bone now that the root of the problem is fixed. If not an ETA, then something - anything - though I'm afraid the anger and frustration has festered for too long now for any token of appeasement to be taken the right way.

I must admit, being back on Taris at the moment of writing this, the journey has been a bitter pill to swallow, but I have been able to make better choices for my character. Then again, I was only level 26 when I became aware, so I might not be the most afflicted of us all. While I wish we didn't have to wait so long for even an ETA, I'll at least give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they'll come through in the end.
Hate to tell you but... unless you got help and finished Act 1 (thing that happens after alderaan/tatooine) at level 26, as I'm quite sure the most of the final bosses of the act aren't soloable before level 30, you weren't affected by the bug at all.

The bug happens ONLY during the quest "the defector" that you tackle after completing both tatooine and alderaan. It's now fixed for anyone that does it now, so if you didn't do it before the latest patch released on the 27th, you were safe without the need of rerolling.

Harkules's Avatar


Harkules
01.01.2012 , 07:47 AM | #1130
Quote: Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
Hate to tell you but... unless you got help and finished Act 1 (thing that happens after alderaan/tatooine) at level 26, as I'm quite sure the most of the final bosses of the act aren't soloable before level 30, you weren't affected by the bug at all.

The bug happens ONLY during the quest "the defector" that you tackle after completing both tatooine and alderaan. It's now fixed for anyone that does it now, so if you didn't do it before the latest patch released on the 27th, you were safe without the need of rerolling.
The Defector happens BEFORE Tatooine & Alderaan, and right AFTER Nar Shaddaa.

So yeah, before Act I is over.

The bug is that after Kira talks to you when you click on the ship intercom, which happens AFTER talking to the Council of the events of The Defector, she doesn't have anymore quests available (on the ship), which she should.
"Controlling your passions while being in love, that's what they should teach you to beware, but love itself will save, not condemn you."
―Jolee Bindo