Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CivicTiger
12.18.2011 , 10:00 PM | #101
I'll be finishing Act I when I log back on tomorrow.

I'll confirm if getting past Act I fixes the bug, like someone mentioned.. I hope it does!

Odanrav
12.18.2011 , 10:24 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by CivicTiger View Post
I'll be finishing Act I when I log back on tomorrow.

I'll confirm if getting past Act I fixes the bug, like someone mentioned.. I hope it does!
Oh someone said that? Has this been confirmed to work by multiple sources?
"A light to shine in the darkness and never fade"

Kjepp
12.18.2011 , 10:36 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Maz- View Post
Just to be sure: choosing the darkside flirt option at Ord Mantell doesn't cause this?

Which one is it, I'm seeing some people say it's the first flirt option when you're on Ord Mantell and some people saying it's the event with her brother.

...I'm actually at the Defector quest, I'll let you guys know what happens... I wont choose the flirt option... See if that does anything.

Kjepp
12.18.2011 , 11:02 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Blev View Post
So I'm out of Act I into Act II and have 5k affection with her already, problem is I haven't gotten a single companion cutscene from her with exception of the beginning one. Now I do know there were some issues regarding her in beta, I take it this is the problem that was occurring or am I not far enough in yet? Is there some cutscene that has to be triggered first from the main story before it will unlock her personal cutscenes?

Update: How to Avoid this Issue

Spoiler

Courtesy of Cadan

What this guy says is completely accurate, I just did this and success.

SuperSair
12.18.2011 , 11:15 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Odanrav View Post
Oh someone said that? Has this been confirmed to work by multiple sources?
No, the person misunderstood the post. He was talking about whether refusing to do the dreaded dark side flirt would really fix the bug, and found out that it did eventually.

Long story short: If you chose to do the dark side flirt after the abandoned mining station; your Kira will be bugged(?) and will not give you a further companion quest and it will interfere with the romance storyline.

What i'm really concerned about is whether it is intentional or not. It's hard to believe that the game would lock out ALL of her companion quests because of one choice. Especially when it provokes a rather large gain of affection. However, reading how refusing to do the first flirt actually leads to a different outcome....I mean if a patch will fix the line and i'll get to finish the romance than great, but if not then i'd like to just start working on my new knight as soon as i can.

Man this is stressful. I vote on bug regardless, and will continue my Jedi for now. But it's disturbing how long this has gone unnoticed, considering how popular the JK class is and how liked Kira is as a character. That is....unless it was intentional.....

/wrists.

DigitalMaster
12.18.2011 , 11:20 PM | #106
Ok I am very bothered by this, because there is no way to correct this if the signs arent clear. BioWare really needs to fix this soon. I am just now finding out about this and its bugging me (no pun intended).

BioWare please fix this or let us know if it is intentional. I would seriously hate to reroll as a result of this. At least give us clues since all of our decisions are final.
--- Proud member of =ORD= found here ---

Watch some of the best SWTOR walkthrough videos WEBGAMINGCENTRAL

Aexon
12.18.2011 , 11:25 PM | #107
Ok I figured something was up after progressing the story a bit but, really Bioware, the entire arc is broken? This is launch and a story issue, not some small game mechanic. Seriously, I'm almost always forgiving for launch bugs but after a beta as big and long(heh) as SWTOR, this type of thing should be at the top of the list of things to fix(and consequently, should have been fixed by now). Really, I love Bioware and the games they make but this is inexcusable for many reasons, and now my only options are to wait, reroll, or continue on and ignore it. I'd gladly wait(and probably will, after I put that subscription on hold until they get their story elements sorted out), but without a word from them on the issue, what's anyone supposed to believe? I just wish they'd put a bit more effort into letting us know what's going on, if anything is at all...

Grimhand
12.18.2011 , 11:26 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Aexon View Post
Ok I figured something was up after progressing the story a bit but, really Bioware, the entire arc is broken? This is launch and a story issue, not some small game mechanic. Seriously, I'm almost always forgiving for launch bugs but after a beta as big and long(heh) as SWTOR, this type of thing should be at the top of the list of things to fix(and consequently, should have been fixed by now). Really, I love Bioware and the games they make but this is inexcusable for many reasons, and now my only options are to wait, reroll, or continue on and ignore it. I'd gladly wait(and probably will, after I put that subscription on hold until they get their story elements sorted out), but without a word from them on the issue, what's anyone supposed to believe? I just wish they'd put a bit more effort into letting us know what's going on, if anything is at all...
There will obviously be a launch patch tomorrow (based on the final beta weekend and early access), so I'll just read the patch notes and see if it is fixed. If not.....I'll reroll.
▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚۝▔ị▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Tempests_Wrath
12.18.2011 , 11:52 PM | #109
*twitch*

Wish i would have found this a few days ago.. I was wondering she she hasnt wanted to talk for a little while.

Lets hope a patch tomorrow or making it to act 2 fixes this.
"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Grimhand
12.18.2011 , 11:54 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Tempests_Wrath View Post
*twitch*

Wish i would have found this a few days ago.. I was wondering she she hasnt wanted to talk for a little while.

Lets hope a patch tomorrow or making it to act 2 fixes this.
I can't see BioWare being dumb enough to NOT fix it (or state its intentional). There is a reason it wasn't prioritized...Alderaan Civil War Sky wasn't fixed until last beta weekend.

And it isn't "lets hope a patch" there WILL be a launch day patch...whether or not this is included is the real question.
▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚۝▔ị▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓