Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spyderwraith
12.31.2011 , 02:22 PM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by Crohadan View Post
people have been dealing with this bug since about june/july and it still isnt fixed. can you blame them for taking that stance? i mean seriously it has been on the back burner for 6 months! when BW tells me they are working on it at this point i consider it like the VA telling me they have fast tracked my disability. been waiting over a year for that...you see where im going with this? simple communication saying

"ok guys we know this is an issue, we are working on it, we dont have an eta on it, but we do understand your frustrations" would be the smart thing to do. instead its the cut and paste bs from protocol dorids and mods that we get. I refuse to re-roll my toon because a bug that was supposed to be hammered out in beta still isnt fixed. that to me is entirely unacceptable and indefensible.
As I've stated I come from a job that is technical and TRUST me when I say I understand where the people are coming from in this forum.

I get a full blown flameout from people who have issues that take ages to fix and they all say the same basic thing this forum has said "We don't want automated responses"

Yes I get it. I also get that with technical services you have "The people who talk to customers direct" and the Techs working on the issue. The techs working on it NEVER speak to customers directly and sometimes all that can be given to the customers is the said "auto-responses" because that is all that can be given.

I've also stated that alot of issues cannot fully be fixed unless the product is live.

Now in my experience if an issue takes so long to fix we generally ask that the general public have faith.

Therien
12.31.2011 , 02:22 PM | #1072
Quote: Originally Posted by Spyderwraith View Post
was choosing the LS flirt prior december 27th or After December 27th?
Prior
(||▒▒▒▒||۝||)◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙*

Crohadan
12.31.2011 , 02:23 PM | #1073
Quote: Originally Posted by LifeOfMessiah View Post

This MMO is far beyond anything created in this genre before, so BioWare is really treading new waters that have never been treaded before in this realm. Things like this can be expected when carving a new path out.
i expected the chat servers to bug out every once in a while, not go down completely and not come back up unless you do something drastic like shutting down you computer while still in game to fix said chat issues. the only things "new" here are the vo/convo options to earn alignment points and voice overs. again, if its something i bugged in beta and it still isn't fixed, to me thats a huge issue. it shows contempt for not only the tester base but massive failures in both management of said issues and the QC department. Some of these bugs are game breaking, some are not. I will contend that if immersion is what the game strives to achieve, any companion quest that buggs out to where you can not advance it is a game breaker.

which brings us back to topic. this bug with kira many consider to be an immersion breaker, ergo a game breaker imo. I am one of those people. re-rolling a toon is not an option. this needs fixed and should be a top priority along with fixing all of the major issues in game (ui,chat,login issues)

not doling out a meaningless title to SI's or some of the other junk in the patch notes.
Militarygamers.com, serving those that came before us, served with us, and will come after us. Find out more at http://www.militarygamers.com
This is protocol droid sw-01 thank your for your bug report, expect no response from us because we really dont care. /ticket_closed

Spyderwraith
12.31.2011 , 02:29 PM | #1074
Quote: Originally Posted by Therien View Post
Prior
from my understanding the December 27th patch resolved it for individuals who had not got to the original point of the game yet where the bug originated

LifeOfMessiah
12.31.2011 , 02:35 PM | #1075
Quote:
Kira Carsen

Fixed an issue that could cause Kira's affection progression to become blocked.
That is quoted from the patch page of 1.0.1, so it is confirmed that as of 12/27, the issue has been fixed. Whether that's only for players that have NOT reached that point yet, or for ALL players, I am not sure and cannot confirm, as I personally have not reached that point in the game myself. If it doesn't affect those that reached it prior to 12/27, then I can see where they are having the hang up, because it almost seems like going back and redoing it, which you can't with any other quest in the game. Once a decision has been made, that's it, unless you completely re-roll the character. That may be what they are trying to find a work around for.

Here is the link to the patch notes:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.0.1/12272011
Jedi Covenant
Azaryah - Jedi Sentinel

Abriael
12.31.2011 , 02:44 PM | #1076
Quote: Originally Posted by LifeOfMessiah View Post
That is quoted from the patch page of 1.0.1, so it is confirmed that as of 12/27, the issue has been fixed. Whether that's only for players that have NOT reached that point yet, or for ALL players, I am not sure and cannot confirm
Late to the party. It's only for those that didn't reach that point yet at the time of the fix.

LifeOfMessiah
12.31.2011 , 02:47 PM | #1077
Quote: Originally Posted by Abriael View Post
Late to the party. It's only for those that didn't reach that point yet at the time of the fix.
and that would make sense, because, just like you can't go back and change your choices on any of the other quests, I can understand why it's difficult for them to fix it for those that have already past that point in the game. I am sure they are trying to find a work around for those that are affected so they won't have to re-roll their Jedi Knights, which is essentially what you would have to do ANY time you want to make different choices than you've already made.
Jedi Covenant
Azaryah - Jedi Sentinel

spartandane
12.31.2011 , 03:02 PM | #1078
Well I'm posting the customer service forums now, it's pointless to keep complaining on this 100+ page thread.

LifeOfMessiah
12.31.2011 , 03:03 PM | #1079
Quote: Originally Posted by spartandane View Post
Well I'm posting the customer service forums now, it's pointless to keep complaining on this 100+ page thread.
I wouldn't do that if I were you. You will be ignored if you duplicate threads, and you could be banned from posting.
Jedi Covenant
Azaryah - Jedi Sentinel

SidisAran
12.31.2011 , 03:04 PM | #1080
Quote: Originally Posted by spartandane View Post
It's pissing into the wind to try and get anything out of them at this point. The only workarounds for now are:

A) Create a different class.

B) Re-create your Jedi Knight, or

C) Don't renew after your 30 days.