Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode Flashpoints; No loot variance for premade groups

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Hardmode Flashpoints; No loot variance for premade groups

DaveMcG
01.23.2012 , 12:12 PM | #1
Hey all,

Our standard group has been running hardmodes for the last 2 weeks. It's typically a guardian tank, sage healer, commando dps, and sentinel dps. We are seeing next to zero variance in drops when running with this premade group.

The couple times we have swapped out a member or two, is the only time we've seen different drops.

Take False Emperor for example. We've run it 13 times and seen the smuggler jacket 11 of those times. Twice it's been the Trooper jacket and those 2 times we had swapped out members.

Are other premade groups seeing this? Don't bother telling me random is random. I know how streaks are possible, but I'd love to know if other people that run with the SAME GROUP are seeing very little variance in drops.

Cheers!

Raehj
01.23.2012 , 12:38 PM | #2
Not to debunk your theory, but I run with a premade guild group and we've gotten loot variations on several repeat runs.

However on a slightly related topic, we spent... hours in The False Emp. last night on HM and were all quite upset when boss dropped BH chest - the only thing we couldn't use!

;(

Mavery
01.23.2012 , 12:45 PM | #3
So you don't want people telling you how it works? Too bad. RNG is RNG. You just got unlucky.

DaveMcG
01.23.2012 , 01:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
So you don't want people telling you how it works? Too bad. RNG is RNG. You just got unlucky.
11 out of 13 runs is not just unlucky.. It's ridiculously unlucky. If the system is using something static to set the seed, or we are somehow getting the same "random" seed, it's not going to be random loot.

It's not just false emp... If we use the same 4 guys, we seems to get nearly identical loot from most bosses. We're talking 2-3 hard modes a day.

It's pretty easy to say RNG is RNG when you don't do the math. We're talking a 1 in hundreds of thousands of chance to see 11 out of 13 be the same. Hell, we might be into the millions by now.

DaveMcG
01.23.2012 , 01:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Raehj View Post
Not to debunk your theory, but I run with a premade guild group and we've gotten loot variations on several repeat runs.

However on a slightly related topic, we spent... hours in The False Emp. last night on HM and were all quite upset when boss dropped BH chest - the only thing we couldn't use!

;(
I'm talking about hard modes specifically. While gearing up, it's quite obvious there is weighting put in place for loot that is usable to drop. Take that exact same group into False Emp for the next 2 weeks and see what you find.

Somokon
01.23.2012 , 01:51 PM | #6
I have seen the same thing. I (Sniper) run with two friends, a Powertech tank and a Juggernaut DPS. We then pick up a healer, which is always a Sorcerer. Every time we run any flashpoint, HM or not, about 75% of the drops will be Sith Inquisitor gear. We have done dozens of runs and it's always the same thing.

DaveMcG
01.23.2012 , 02:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Somokon View Post
I have seen the same thing. I (Sniper) run with two friends, a Powertech tank and a Juggernaut DPS. We then pick up a healer, which is always a Sorcerer. Every time we run any flashpoint, HM or not, about 75% of the drops will be Sith Inquisitor gear. We have done dozens of runs and it's always the same thing.
Thanks for the input. Specifically hardmodes, last boss for the Columi token. Are you seeing any significant variance there? Or is it 11 of one thing and maybe 2 of some other?

JLapp
01.23.2012 , 02:03 PM | #8
I'm seeing a decent variance. Running with the same group 4 nights in a row on false emperor gave us: trooper, smuggler, smuggler, knight.

Only real thing that was the same is that Taral V gave us trooper gloves 3 times in a row (lucky me).

DaveMcG
01.23.2012 , 02:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JLapp View Post
I'm seeing a decent variance. Running with the same group 4 nights in a row on false emperor gave us: trooper, smuggler, smuggler, knight.

Only real thing that was the same is that Taral V gave us trooper gloves 3 times in a row (lucky me).
Thanks! What clases are your premade? I'm just trying to find some common ground here.

If you keep running with the same group for the next week, keep me informed of how it's going.

JLapp
01.23.2012 , 02:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DaveMcG View Post
Thanks! What clases are your premade? I'm just trying to find some common ground here.

If you keep running with the same group for the next week, keep me informed of how it's going.
Guardian (Tank), Sage (healer), Trooper (DPS), and Scoundrel (DPS).