Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 1003 at school but not at home?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Error 1003 at school but not at home?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TehUberGeek
01.23.2012 , 11:17 AM | #1
Hi all!

I just got a new laptop for college. I have a large break in between classes on some days so I wanted to play SWTOR while I waited for the next class instead of going home and wasting the gas money.

But I keep getting Error 1003.

I turned off all my firewalls, set it to HOME zone, everything. How come I can't log in to my server?

Or, any server for that matter...

Brellon
01.23.2012 , 11:19 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi TehUberGeek,

colleges and other institutions offering public networks often restrict the ports that are allowed to be used. This is most probably the cause for the error you are experiencing.
Brellon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lurkz
01.23.2012 , 11:21 AM | #3
Are you sure the school internet itself doesn't have a firewall or something in place to prevent you from playing? Particularly if you're in an academic building rather than on dorm internet they may be doing this to keep the bandwidth free.

TehUberGeek
01.23.2012 , 11:22 AM | #4
Man... Should have gotten a tablet then...

TehUberGeek
01.23.2012 , 11:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurkz View Post
Are you sure the school internet itself doesn't have a firewall or something in place to prevent you from playing? Particularly if you're in an academic building rather than on dorm internet they may be doing this to keep the bandwidth free.
Yeah, I'm in the Academic buildings. I don't live on campus or anywhere nearby.

I have no idea, I'm just using their free internet... that I pay out the behind in tutition fees for, LMAO!

Oh well, this sucks for me. Should have got a tablet then. Went for the laptop so I could game at school. Blah.

ElynnDaar
04.02.2012 , 04:40 PM | #6
The funny thing is I can play it at my parents house and at school, but not at my dorm. Which is kinda ironic because it gives me another reason to go to school but I'd really like to fix this problem without circumventing the dorms rules. Any ideas anyone? I consistenly get the error 1003, even on the one I already have a character on (made at my parents house) in my dorm.

CJ_SAX_MAN
04.02.2012 , 04:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ElynnDaar View Post
The funny thing is I can play it at my parents house and at school, but not at my dorm. Which is kinda ironic because it gives me another reason to go to school but I'd really like to fix this problem without circumventing the dorms rules. Any ideas anyone? I consistenly get the error 1003, even on the one I already have a character on (made at my parents house) in my dorm.
they actually have rules about how much bandwidth you can use? that is crap with how much you pay to stay in them. forget following their rules just try to find a way around it.
Sarthist, Jedi Guardian Guild: Inferno Server: The Fatman
Please help me get Bioware to make my guide into a "sticky"
Guide for players on weak computers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=383030