Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a point to nightmare mode Ops?

TwoHearted
01.23.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1
So we have cleared all hard mode bosses... we were looking at going into Nightmare on Tuesday.

Is there any point? I know there are 3 tiers of gear but we are already at the top tier. Does anything unique drop in Nightmare? Is this a design oversight?
It's a trap!

LordRaevin
01.23.2012 , 10:28 AM | #2
No, but the last boss always drops a mount i believe.

Canarith
01.23.2012 , 10:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoHearted View Post
So we have cleared all hard mode bosses... we were looking at going into Nightmare on Tuesday.

Is there any point? I know there are 3 tiers of gear but we are already at the top tier. Does anything unique drop in Nightmare? Is this a design oversight?
The point of Nightmare mode is to be able to say whereever you want that you completed Nightmare mode or certain bosses in nightmare mode. it may be a good recruiting tool should you need further recruits, especially if you are competing with several other guilds that haven't completed hard mode ops.

DaveMcG
01.23.2012 , 12:18 PM | #4
Same loot drops in nightmare, so it's for a personal challenge.

I read in another post that there are more drops per boss but cannot personally confirm.

Yummymango
01.23.2012 , 12:37 PM | #5
Frankly my personal experience is that NMM is not much of a nightmare and when you will try you will not feel the difference. It is definitely hard on healing and you have to be careful about few things but overall I wont call it a nightmare mode.

Loot is same as Hard mode.

If it was me, I will have the difficulty of nightmare mode on reg mode and make the nightmare mode so hard that raiders should cry wipe after wipe. It should be so hard that if you mess up on a very minute thing it should be a wipe and you should clear every boss in flawless manner. But that is just me

Penguinman
01.23.2012 , 12:37 PM | #6
AFAIK you will only get Rakata drops in nightmare, as opposed to some rakata and some columi from hard.
Trist Beoulve the Unyielding.

Sedition

TwoHearted
01.23.2012 , 12:53 PM | #7
Seems lame.
It's a trap!

TwoHearted
01.23.2012 , 12:55 PM | #8
I run Ops for loot, not for epeen. What was Bioware thinking?
It's a trap!

Yummymango
01.23.2012 , 01:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TwoHearted View Post
I run Ops for loot, not for epeen. What was Bioware thinking?
They were thinking since the storylines of all classes seem to be different, people will take their sweet time like 2-3 months to hit 50 which will give them enough time to iron out things. Wrong!

TwoHearted
01.23.2012 , 01:10 PM | #10
I just can't see the 3 tiers of loot and 3 tiers of raids, but two of the raids share lewt? Huh?

The dailys/hardmode FPs should have been for 50 blue's. Honestly the entire normal mode raids are a waste of time, and gear level.
It's a trap!