Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tired of the xxx class sucks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Tired of the xxx class sucks

Alchropie
01.23.2012 , 12:23 PM | #11
My nomination for "Best QQ nerf them thread of 2011"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=224518

malyen
01.23.2012 , 01:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dkangl View Post
I mean REALLY???? If you go to ANY class forum you see this type of thread. I mean if the Dev's listened to the forums this game would be the worst game in the history of MMO's.

I mean EVERY SINGLE CLASS is underpowered by their players and EVERY SINGLE CLASS other then their class is OVERPOWERED.

How can you have every class UP yet OP at the same time?

Perhaps people really need to realize this game has a higher SKILL CAP then any other MMO currently on the market (that I am aware of).

Funny really the grass is always greener syndrome is rampant in this game.
I agree..... sadly that is what happens when they put PvP in a game..... The Pve content gets destroyed in the name of balance, and under the weight of the constant nerf calls. Sad..... but true

mousestalker
01.23.2012 , 01:44 PM | #13
Well, the class forums are the anti-Lake Woebegon, where all the classes are below average.

May the mass x acceleration be with you.

Tangenobi
01.23.2012 , 01:59 PM | #14
I agree with OP
Jedi Sentinel- Tan-jenobi (Tan-Jenobee) Jedi Guardian-GyonGunslinger- BlastmastaJedi Shadow- Ky'zin
Commando- Radonn
Sage- Dartanus

Bobbyrab
01.23.2012 , 03:08 PM | #15
While I agree that this is pretty much par for the course in MMOs, Iíd also suggest that the TOR devs did things differently in designing their classes. Most MMOs stick strictly to the trinity of heals/tank/dps. Even STO designed their starships in this format. In the Art and Making of the Old Republic, the devs say they decided to not necessarily design the classes around the trinity, but just on what they felt a particular class would play like.

It is this point that I believe frustrates MMOíers, who are much more accustomed to finding the tank class, or the healer class, or the dps class. You wonít find them in TOR; only classes that lean in certain directions more than others. I find this quite engaging, as party gameplay becomes more varied and different than, okay Mr. tank, go do your thing. Healer, go heal him. DPS, spam the same two or three attacks. Rinse, repeat. Yawn. Fights arenít as predictable and often you have to think on your toes.

Instead of working with what they have, players just complain because itís different from WoW, LOTRO, Rift, etc.