Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do I need to Re-Roll my toon? Anyone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Do I need to Re-Roll my toon? Anyone?

DuceHason
01.23.2012 , 09:02 AM | #1
So my 'main' toon no longer has a General chat option at all. It's not even in the chat channel drop down menu since 1.1 came out. I deleted the .ini file in relation to that character, this did nothing. So I thought 'Hey maybe it's a file issue on my PC!'

I installed SWTOR on another PC and tried that, completely different ISP, as well as loction (not that it matters but what the heck). Fired up, loaded toon, and POW! Still no general chat channel option anywhere.

I finally after four wonderfully closed tickets ingame by Custome Service. I posted on here and got a reply something to the effect of "We're aware of your issue and do not know when it'll will be fixed or if." It was implied as it may be a serious issue that might not get fixed any time soon.

So does this mean I should just re-roll my toon? Level 36 JK/Guardian - Finally got Kira fixed and now this. I'm digging my Trooper play I picked up due to all these issues I've had with my JK - but still ...
Atari, Commodore VIC-20, NES, SNES, DOS to Win 7, Xbox 360, Wii

UO 5yrs, SWG 8yrs, EVE since 2/9/07, SWTOR Since 12/13/11

renegadeimp
01.23.2012 , 09:09 AM | #2
It's a known issue with some accounts. All you can do is wait for a fix. In the meantime, looks like you'll be playing an alt.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

iain_b
01.23.2012 , 09:10 AM | #3
Who needs general chat to play?
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

renegadeimp
01.23.2012 , 09:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by iain_b View Post
Lots of people if they want to do group content or communicate in warzones
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

evileeyore
01.23.2012 , 09:17 AM | #5
Shockingly, I've actually gotten several questions answered and recieved help via the General chat.

I know, I'm as surprised as the rest of you.

DuceHason
01.23.2012 , 09:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Exactly! I haven't done a Heroic or Flashpoint since Coruscant (wich I did this back in Dec.) with this toon So yeah it's been about since December 15th since I have had a general chat with this toon. That's a long time and a lot of content missed out on in an MMO.

iain_b
01.23.2012 , 09:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
If you are communicating in Warzones with general chat you are doing it wrong. There is an /ops channel for a reason.

I never bothered to do heroics while leveling. Still if not being able to do heroics or flashpoints is the only reason it's hardly enough of one to re-roll or play an alt.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

DuceHason
01.23.2012 , 09:31 AM | #8
If you are communicating in Warzones with general chat you are doing it wrong. There is an /ops channel for a reason.

I never bothered to do heroics while leveling. Still if not being able to do heroics or flashpoints is the only reason it's hardly enough of one to re-roll or play an alt.
So what you're saying is, don't bother with any of the Heroics or flashpoints. Skip all that crap than go back and do them when I'm level 50 and really really bored and have nothing else to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon? Seems kind of pointless to go back and do heroics that are so below my level there's no challenge to them and the rewards are worthless for me at that point.

Sure there's always the Hard Mode flashpoints, but why not have some fun with them all the way through?

Sorry I paid for this game to play it for the content, all of the content, not wait until end game and have nothing else to do.

Jack_Deth
01.23.2012 , 09:32 AM | #9
Have you deleted this directory?

C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\
Sorcerer | Sniper | Sentinel | Vanguard | Juggernaut | Scoundrel | Mercenary | Sage

renegadeimp
01.23.2012 , 09:33 AM | #10

Each tot heir own. The OP clearly wants to communicate with the rest of the server, especially since its a multiplayer game. He needs access to general chat to achieve that.