Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

enrage issues in all HM's?

Mavery
01.23.2012 , 12:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Raehj View Post
I think you're being just about as subjective as I was in my OP.

i.e. I'm willing to bet its different for every class type, as well as play style. Moreover, I didn't do what I suggested - I leaped into HM's with my other 3 guildies, and even though we eventually won a few, and now have several on daily rotation - I'm merely suggesting that someone look toward Bel/Ilum dailies as a supplement to gearing @ 50. I.e. using dailies mods in orange gear, while waiting for that HM drop.

I guess my point is, the more prepared you are gear wise will help mitigate how long it takes on subsequent HM runs.

*edit, I like guessing on my points ><*
The rewards from Ilum/Belsavis dailies are not needed to successfully complete any HM FP in the game. If players insist on doing them BEFORE HM FPs, they are only hurting their loot acquisition. I grouped with two freshly dinged DPS last night -- some of their gear was 45, not all of the mods were 50 -- and we steam rolled 3 HM FPs.

Gear is not the tell-tale sign that people think it is. You need something decent -- which you can get from Corellia commendations -- and then player skill takes care of the rest.

In addition, the mods are kinda pointless from the dailies. You will get better ones from the Columni gear. A hilt, maybe, if you can't get a weapon to drop. But if you're doing the dailies for mods? Waste of time.

pringleso
01.23.2012 , 01:03 PM | #22
thanks for all of the feed back regarding this topic, i guess i have too just keep face palming slacking dps in my guild untill they get their acts together. i mean its really frustrating as i am a quite well geared tank with the implants and ear peice from the dailies and also columi bracers and my entire armor being level 51 mods mainly from the heroic 2 and 4 quests on belsavis and illum. i have no problem keeping aggro or taking too much damage its just the dps, im sure you can understand how frustrating it is.

Raehj
01.23.2012 , 01:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by pringleso View Post
thanks for all of the feed back regarding this topic, i guess i have too just keep face palming slacking dps in my guild untill they get their acts together. i mean its really frustrating as i am a quite well geared tank with the implants and ear peice from the dailies and also columi bracers and my entire armor being level 51 mods mainly from the heroic 2 and 4 quests on belsavis and illum. i have no problem keeping aggro or taking too much damage its just the dps, im sure you can understand how frustrating it is.
I totally know where your coming from, and it makes it even worse if its guildies.

In fact, its almost like a Seinfeld situation...

"Whats the deal with crappy guild DPS'ers? Do you tell them they suck? Do you avoid them in public? Whats the deal?!"

I had to spend a week cajoling my Sorc DPS counterpart to optimize his build because he was all over the place - after he listened.. goodbye enrage timer.

Maglen
01.23.2012 , 02:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
The rewards from Ilum/Belsavis dailies are not needed to successfully complete any HM FP in the game. If players insist on doing them BEFORE HM FPs, they are only hurting their loot acquisition. I grouped with two freshly dinged DPS last night -- some of their gear was 45, not all of the mods were 50 -- and we steam rolled 3 HM FPs.
I'm assuming here, but I'd bet they were the DPS and the tank and the healer were fairly geared? As a healer, nothing pisses me off more than people with 11/12K HP going into a HM and jumping into a group of mobs subsequently getting killed before I can even get a 2s cast off.

Is it required to do Blesavis/Illum dailies before entering HM's? No, there currently is no gear restriction on it. Does it make your healers life a hell of a lot easier? You bet your ***** it does.
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!

Basiliscus
01.23.2012 , 03:02 PM | #25
Enrage timers are awfully tight for a game with no way to measure DPS.

Raehj
01.23.2012 , 03:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
I'm assuming here, but I'd bet they were the DPS and the tank and the healer were fairly geared? As a healer, nothing pisses me off more than people with 11/12K HP going into a HM and jumping into a group of mobs subsequently getting killed before I can even get a 2s cast off.

Is it required to do Blesavis/Illum dailies before entering HM's? No, there currently is no gear restriction on it. Does it make your healers life a hell of a lot easier? You bet your ***** it does.

/agree

Mavery
01.23.2012 , 03:52 PM | #27

So bad DPS irritates you? That's not what we're talking here. Apples and oranges.

There are only two fights in HM FPs where gear plays any role in a "healers life" as it were: the bonus boss in Kaon Under Siege and Mentor in Directive 7. For every other fight in the game damage is either a) avoidable or b) not significant enough to cause any major problem. Please note I am talking about damage to DPS / healers BEFORE enrage timers.

If you, as a healer, are being unduly stressed in any other fight, your DPS are likely bad. It's not a gear issue, it's a skill issue.

Maglen
01.23.2012 , 04:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
So bad DPS irritates you? That's not what we're talking here. Apples and oranges.

There are only two fights in HM FPs where gear plays any role in a "healers life" as it were: the bonus boss in Kaon Under Siege and Mentor in Directive 7. For every other fight in the game damage is either a) avoidable or b) not significant enough to cause any major problem. Please note I am talking about damage to DPS / healers BEFORE enrage timers.

If you, as a healer, are being unduly stressed in any other fight, your DPS are likely bad. It's not a gear issue, it's a skill issue.
First. You said you steamrolled through 3 FPs. They didn't steam roll them, they were carried.

Second, Enrages bring 200% damage. 200% damage on a target with low (relatively) HP is going to one shot or 2 shot them. I have no plans on listing every boss that does random damage to random people in the group but there are a LOT of them, not just the one or two that you say.

If players don't gear properly to enter HM's enrage timers will hit and people will die and I as a geared healer will leave. My 50K repair bill doesn't need people like that.
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!

Raehj
01.23.2012 , 04:09 PM | #29
First. You said you steamrolled through 3 FPs. They didn't steam roll them, they were carried.

Second, Enrages bring 200% damage. 200% damage on a target with low (relatively) HP is going to one shot or 2 shot them. I have no plans on listing every boss that does random damage to random people in the group but there are a LOT of them, not just the one or two that you say.

If players don't gear properly to enter HM's enrage timers will hit and people will die and I as a geared healer will leave. My 50K repair bill doesn't need people like that.
Luckily I almost always only group with fellow guildies, which actually is good and bad. Can't leave cause I'm angry, but I can also have a long winded vent "advice" ramble about how we can beat X boss.

However, I agree - gear is intertwined with skill. Both need to be worked on. What I don't get is people who spout "skillz all u nedd broh, steamrolln it cos im pro, in w34k gear" - If you're so damn skilled - why don't you go play a 100% skill based shooter or something?

Mavery
01.23.2012 , 04:37 PM | #30

When did I say my group hit enrage timers? Oh wait, I didn't. When I mentioned enrage timers it was in a general context, not my group context.

Fresh dinged 50s may not beat every enrage timer (some are more harsher than others). But even if you do hit them, you won't have to deal with it very long. In my experience, if you hit an enrage at any point above 5-10% (which is no big deal for the tank or healer to deal with) the DPS are beyond terrible and no amount of gear will help them.