Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

enrage issues in all HM's?

pringleso
01.23.2012 , 08:59 AM | #1
hello everyone, i was wondering is it just the dps i have been teaming up with or is this just a generall issue. bassicly every HM i have attempted in HM we allways seem too meet the enrage timer, either having too kite the boss for agis if possible if not just dying, now do the dps need too get there act in gear? or is it a common problem? i mean the dps i have been with have all level 50-51 mods.

flowqz
01.23.2012 , 09:03 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by pringleso View Post
hell everyone, i was wondering is it just the dps i have been teaming up with or is this just a generall issue. bassicly every HM i have attempted in HM we allways seem too meet the enrage timer, either having too kite the boss for agis if possible if not just dying, now do the dps need too get there act in gear? or is it a common problem? i mean the dps i have been with have all level 50-51 mods.
hardmodes are all about handling some mechanics and bringing enough dps to handle those enrage timers. so yes, every encounter has an enrage timer. if u cant beat the enrage timer than bring more snipers/mercs or gear ur dealers.

Bionixx
01.23.2012 , 09:14 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by flowqz View Post
hardmodes are all about handling some mechanics and bringing enough dps to handle those enrage timers. so yes, every encounter has an enrage timer. if u cant beat the enrage timer than bring more snipers/mercs or gear ur dealers.
Bring more snipers/mercs? As an infiltration shadow (empire equivalent is deception assassin) I resent that statement. All DPS classes/specs when played and geared properly can do roughly equivalent damage. The only possible exception is Scapper Scoundrel / Concealment Operative and I'm saying it because I just never see them in PvE, maybe they are actually good.
Something, something, something, dark side.
Something, something, something, complete.

Gaun
01.23.2012 , 09:15 AM | #4
its a l2p/gear issue, I am happy to see you have trouble with it, makes me proud to have cleared all hm's several times, even back when we weren't that well geared..

Exertim
01.23.2012 , 09:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bionixx View Post
Bring more snipers/mercs? As an infiltration shadow (empire equivalent is deception assassin) I resent that statement. All DPS classes/specs when played and geared properly can do roughly equivalent damage. The only possible exception is Scapper Scoundrel / Concealment Operative and I'm saying it because I just never see them in PvE, maybe they are actually good.
There is zero reason to take a melee dps over a ranged dps unless your back is to the wall with no other options left. HM FPs in general (just like operations) tend to be melee unfriendly.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

Novastinger
01.23.2012 , 09:24 AM | #6
If your dps in a HM group is lacking, I'd recommend doing False Emperor (minus the optional bonus boss) and/or Tarval V (final boss has enrage, but it's a little more forgiving in timer). I'd recommend staying away from Directive 7, Esseles/BT, and Maelstrom, as those all have harder to beat enrage timer bosses.

JLapp
01.23.2012 , 09:39 AM | #7
False Emperor and Taral V are the most forgiving on enrage timers. Esseles is probably the worst as far as that goes and since most people assume that is the best one to start hard modes with they usually run into issues.

flowqz
01.23.2012 , 09:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bionixx View Post

you cant bring scoundrles cause they are to squishy and have no gapcloser / 30% ae dmg reduction.

sniper has a -20% dmg taken raid cd + deals higher dmg than other classes + escapes some knockback mechanics cause they are in cover, yay!

DragoVaughn
01.23.2012 , 11:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Exertim View Post
There is zero reason to take a melee dps over a ranged dps unless your back is to the wall with no other options left. HM FPs in general (just like operations) tend to be melee unfriendly.
This kind of thinking is why I hate enrage timers. Yep lets all just screw melee and never bring them cause they like that class

Deresdod
01.23.2012 , 11:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gaun View Post
its a l2p/gear issue, I am happy to see you have trouble with it, makes me proud to have cleared all hm's several times, even back when we weren't that well geared..
This.
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod