Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SoA. why dont Shields on tanks? (aka shield/absorption rating)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
SoA. why dont Shields on tanks? (aka shield/absorption rating)

RinoaDH
01.23.2012 , 07:26 AM | #1
I cannot believe i have never noticed this before. But how come shields do not work on SoA?
Is this an intended mechanic? They proc on spells and ranged attacks of other types, either from players or other bosses(karagga, for example) so why not on Soa, a bug?

Its just that the better geared i get, the more average damage i take on SoA because the tanking set keeps ignoring defense and going for absorption or shield rating (To clarify, i am an assasin tank). And ftr, i found this out because my shield charges never go down, but i didnt pay attention to it until now

At this point im probably better off tanking 16-man NM SoA in a random set of High defense gear. And ignore rakata all together ;/

Alohen
01.23.2012 , 07:32 AM | #2
I think Soa used high Elemental Damage, my Jedi Guardian Tanks him on HM and I never get a deflect/parry or anything that my Defence Chance helps with. Defence Chance and Shield Rating arent really useful for Soa

RinoaDH
01.23.2012 , 07:34 AM | #3
Well he does miss you alot, and deflection (50% avoidance) Definately increases my parry/avoidance chance. His attacks go through Force shroud which leads me to believe his attacks are not magical. However, even if it was, it should still proc your shields. Other spells do

Its healable regardless, im just curious why

PhoenixMatrix
01.23.2012 , 08:13 AM | #4
Very few things trigger shield beyond "normal" attacks. Thats why a scrapper/operative will decimate you in PvP for example, as shields won't trigger on anything that matters. Same for ops bosses I guess

Fortunately Soa's a pushover. Use your PvP set with the 5% damage bonus and roll his face.

insanelf
01.23.2012 , 08:47 AM | #5
His "autoattacks" are definitely force because Shadow's resilience makes you resist all of them.
Proud Republic Player.

Celestria - Jedi Shadow - <Singularity> - Atho City
Fail Ilum PvP