Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tionese Gear - Pointless

Requimo
01.23.2012 , 07:53 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
Tionese gear are grade 51 mods, dailies give grade 50 mods. I detect a falsehood.
How about no?

With 8 daily tokens you can buy 51 epic armoring/hilt/barrel which is same with the Tionese gear. The only thing Tionese is good for is set bonuses.

Cournel
01.23.2012 , 08:32 PM | #22
Monkey power

Suba
01.23.2012 , 08:38 PM | #23
Tionese is basically useless because PVP gear is so easy to get and outside of set bonuses is superior. Not that set bonuses are all that in many cases.

Sorceror 2 pc. reduce cost of force lighting by 2 force. Useless considering Force lightning is a force positive ability that in fact returns more force power than used during the duration of the channeling.

Champion gear is so much better than Tionese and is super easy to get.

Magnus_Pale
02.15.2012 , 03:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
Tionese gear are grade 51 mods, dailies give grade 50 mods. I detect a falsehood.
Umm the lvl 50 daily pieces I have been gettign are 51 mods not 50's ergo the same armoring as tionese
-Brian Germain
Executive Director
Dark Elf Designs LLC

BMBender
02.15.2012 , 03:24 AM | #25
it has it's upsides for people who leveld via pvp I guess. Only logic I've been able to apply to the tionese set
The only thing that should impact a players success/failure in pvpplayervsplayeris his/her skill not what they are wearing. Otherwise call it GvG gear vs gear, crunch the #'s in a calc, face-roll your keyboard, and go watch TV.polls by paulolesonhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164486pollhttp://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164530

TheNegotiator
04.07.2012 , 06:57 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by threas View Post
The problem isn't tionese gear, its how ridiculously easy the daily commendation stuff is to get and how good it is. Not only does it make tionese gear pointless its also what is making endgame crafting completely pointless.
I don't think daily comm's are easy to get at all. You have to grind like a nut job for about a week to buy something. It will totally atrophy your brain.

insanelf
04.07.2012 , 07:05 PM | #27
I personally don't see the point in Tionese at all.

We have had a lot of new people joining our guild recently including rerollers.
We geared up everyone in full rakata (or at least exotech/columi) in one week. Raid gear is so abundant that there is 0 point to even attempt to do flashpoints.
And craftable columi implants/earpieces with augment slot are far better then their rakata daily versions.
Proud Republic Player.

Celestria - Jedi Shadow - <Singularity> - Atho City
Fail Ilum PvP

DecanAndersen
04.07.2012 , 07:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
I don't think daily comm's are easy to get at all. You have to grind like a nut job for about a week to buy something. It will totally atrophy your brain.
If you take all of ilum + H2, and both sections of Belsavis + H2?
You have enough comms for 2 armor plates, barrels or hilts. And 2 comms leftovers, per day.

There is even some H4 you can grind with some buds, and you have a total of 23 comms a day.
Thats an ear piece or a rakata relic after 6 days, and more than 1,5 million credits.
Think about it

Here is a fine list of dailys: Clicky Me
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>