Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tionese Gear - Pointless

KaiHeilos
01.23.2012 , 09:06 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
There's not THAT MUCH difference between lvl 50 mods and lvl 51 mods so that argument is really pointless. There isn't any debating on the set bonus, but what the OP is trying to suggest is that the set bonus really doesn't make up for the fact that Tionese gear isn't worth the time investment needed to acquire it.
I wasn't responding to the OP, I was responding to you. You said orange was better, I said you were wrong. Calling my counter pointless just because you couldn't think of your own is rather silly.

flowqz
01.23.2012 , 09:10 AM | #12
well i used 2 pieces of tionese before i got columi/rakata on the slots

the actaull point is columi via badges... if u dont need 2 equip sets (e.g. tank + dps) u will most likly never buy them

apparat
01.23.2012 , 09:10 AM | #13
As someone said before - Set Bonus.

If you're 50, you've likely been pvp'ing too. You can temporarily swap (doesn't cost much) the mods in your Champ Gear with the Tionese to get the Set Bonus and higher stats.

threas
01.23.2012 , 09:22 AM | #14
The problem isn't tionese gear, its how ridiculously easy the daily commendation stuff is to get and how good it is. Not only does it make tionese gear pointless its also what is making endgame crafting completely pointless.

Hades-LotD
01.23.2012 , 09:42 AM | #15
I agree that Tionese stuff seems redundant, and not really worth the effort. I would rather have a way to convert Tionese tokens/crystals to Colmi gear.

Tickdoff-Tank
01.23.2012 , 10:51 AM | #16
I think that the Tionese gear should drop in regular mode lvl 50 Flashpoints. Tionese gear is a nice upgrade for a lot of new lvl 50s, so it makes sense to me for that gear to be available in the regular flashpoints. They should also increase the Tionese commendations from hardmodes, as others have said, by the time you get enough to buy something you most likely have better Columi gear. That is why my companion is decked out in 5 pieces of Tionese gear, lol.

artemusimus
01.23.2012 , 10:56 AM | #17
You can have a full Columi set just by doing Hardmodes I have no idea why you people are ************...typical forumers
Artem'us - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer
Prophecy of the Five - Meridian

Tickdoff-Tank
01.23.2012 , 11:00 AM | #18
They are complaining because an entire set of gear is almost worthless. You mentioned that you can have a full set of Columi gear in a week.. I agree, I already have almost 2 full sets. THAT IS PART OF THE PROBLEM. It makes Tionese gear virtually worthless. The only reason to use it is if you have been unlucky and a piece of Columi gear that you wants will not drop.

We are simply making suggestions to increase the usefullness of the Tionese gear. I think that Tionese gear should be more easily available to new lvl 50s, get a few pieces of that and your search for Columi will be much more pleasant.

KaiHeilos
01.23.2012 , 01:24 PM | #19
They need to make Tionese and Columi harder to get, not easier. The best gear in the game is too easy to obtain, it's all worthless

wifeaggro
01.23.2012 , 03:35 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EcGBorn View Post
If you do the dailies for a week you get enough mods to make all of the tionese gear pointless. Can we please buff this gear so it adds incentives to do hard modes. I understand we have a columni armor token drop on 1 boss, but at least make the tionese crystal usefull. Add some rare mats to the vender or something. I have 300 crystals, but I'm using level 40 pvp gear because my mods are better then the tionese crap.
Set bonus . but the aquistion is bad. by the time you have enough commendations you will have a full set of Collumi from last boss drops. Very poorly planned.
I