Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tionese Gear - Pointless

EcGBorn
01.23.2012 , 07:22 AM | #1
If you do the dailies for a week you get enough mods to make all of the tionese gear pointless. Can we please buff this gear so it adds incentives to do hard modes. I understand we have a columni armor token drop on 1 boss, but at least make the tionese crystal usefull. Add some rare mats to the vender or something. I have 300 crystals, but I'm using level 40 pvp gear because my mods are better then the tionese crap.

MetleAntiga
01.23.2012 , 07:27 AM | #2
Set Bonus

KaiHeilos
01.23.2012 , 07:27 AM | #3
Tionese gear are grade 51 mods, dailies give grade 50 mods. I detect a falsehood.

EcGBorn
01.23.2012 , 07:36 AM | #4
The armoring of the Tionese stinks then. Because it doesn't match up stat wise. Bonus is ok, but why lose up to 1k hp for a set bonus?

Tohrazer
01.23.2012 , 07:41 AM | #5
tionese stuff is actually really redundant to anyone who plays the game for like a week or two after L50, they REALLY need to increase to drop rate of tionese comms or something, i only ever had 1 thing from that vendor
Guild Leader | Aggressive Negotiations
Negotiations With a Lightsaber!
3 World first Kills, Ex SK Gaming/Curse, played wow, swg, aoc, war, ddo, lotro, and the rest

KaiHeilos
01.23.2012 , 07:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EcGBorn View Post
The armoring of the Tionese stinks then. Because it doesn't match up stat wise. Bonus is ok, but why lose up to 1k hp for a set bonus?
Unless you're switching from an orange tank set to a tionese dps set, you're not losing any HP. All the mods are grade 51, quick math will show you this is the case.

I do agree, however, with the intent of the OP even without the falsehoods. Tionese gear should be better in comparison to what you can obtain elsewhere. Grade 53-54 mods would be more feasable. Or remove the grade 51 armoring mods from the daily vendor and make tionese 52 if that's too big a boost.

Maglen
01.23.2012 , 08:02 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
Tionese gear are grade 51 mods, dailies give grade 50 mods. I detect a falsehood.
Tionese Gear has 2 mod slots, Orange gear has 3. Can't speak for others but SI Sorc gear is itemized for crap, too much power / alacrity. Guess what I can customize better?
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!

Sujimichi
01.23.2012 , 08:11 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tohrazer View Post
tionese stuff is actually really redundant to anyone who plays the game for like a week or two after L50, they REALLY need to increase to drop rate of tionese comms or something, i only ever had 1 thing from that vendor
This.

By the time you've done enough hardmodes to be able to buy an item, most of the tionese gear is a sidegrade at best.

KaiHeilos
01.23.2012 , 08:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
Tionese Gear has 2 mod slots, Orange gear has 3. Can't speak for others but SI Sorc gear is itemized for crap, too much power / alacrity. Guess what I can customize better?
The Tionese comes with built in 51 Armoring mod and has a set bonus, so it still beats your orange gear even if you swap out the mods.

Maglen
01.23.2012 , 08:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
The Tionese comes with built in 51 Armoring mod and has a set bonus, so it still beats your orange gear even if you swap out the mods.
There's not THAT MUCH difference between lvl 50 mods and lvl 51 mods so that argument is really pointless. There isn't any debating on the set bonus, but what the OP is trying to suggest is that the set bonus really doesn't make up for the fact that Tionese gear isn't worth the time investment needed to acquire it.

Personally I think it should be like WoW's vanilla .5 dungeon gear. Make HM bosses only drop Tionese and make it Orange. Normal Raids Drop Columi, and HM Raids drop Rakatta. There's too many easy epics as it is anyway
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!