Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*SPOILERS*Why was Revan and so much in kotor retconned

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
*SPOILERS*Why was Revan and so much in kotor retconned

Ignotis
01.23.2012 , 06:36 AM | #1
Does new bioware really hate Obsidian or something? They've trivialized Revan, Kreia, hk-47

*SPOILERS*

A handful of mid level characters can kill ONE OF THE STRONGEST FORCE USERS IN THE GAME WHO MASTERED BOTH SIDES OF THE FORCE, DESTROYED THE MANDALORIANS AND DEFEATED THE SITH.

And apparently following the events of kotor Revan was simply made the emperors chump, AGAIN?

Seriously, does nobody find a problem with this terrible and obviously agenda filled writing to retcon everything kotor 2 and Revan?

Lord_Rezo
01.23.2012 , 06:42 AM | #2
Revan didnt fought alone against all the mandalorians or Sith Empire. Even, he had to hide and sneak when you played Kotor I and sometimes ran away from Malak troops. He WASNT alone, but you fight against him ALONE, and the story of your player (example the Sith Warrior) shows everyone that you ARE the Emperors Wrath, the power of the emperor seems to be bestowed on you, who are a very strong Sith Warrior. Inquisitors have souls of very powerfull inquisitors inside what "gives" him strengh, the Bounty Hunter is a mandalorian, if Boba Fett was able to stand against Darth Vader (who wasnt able to kill him) i guess a fully grown mandalorian is strong enough to stand a Jedi/Sith and about the Imperial Agent, i belive not even being a Jedi or a Sith can prevent you from dying from a very far away shot in the middle of your eyes.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goalan
The world is what you make of it. If you break down real life it can be just a grind too. Or you could go through life and enjoy the journey, and beauty of it all.

Paulsutherland
01.23.2012 , 06:42 AM | #3
Darth Revan is old news.

All hail Darth Imperius!
#ResurrectDarthMarr
#RemoveRNG

Ignotis
01.23.2012 , 06:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Rezo View Post
Revan didnt fought alone against all the mandalorians or Sith Empire. Even, he had to hide and sneak when you played Kotor I and sometimes ran away from Malak troops. He WASNT alone, but you fight against him ALONE, and the story of your player (example the Sith Warrior) shows everyone that you ARE the Emperors Wrath, the power of the emperor seems to be bestowed on you, who are a very strong Sith Warrior. Inquisitors have souls of very powerfull inquisitors inside what "gives" him strengh, the Bounty Hunter is a mandalorian, if Boba Fett was able to stand against Darth Vader (who wasnt able to kill him) i guess a fully grown mandalorian is strong enough to stand a Jedi/Sith and about the Imperial Agent, i belive not even being a Jedi or a Sith can prevent you from dying from a very far away shot in the middle of your eyes.
It's still absurd. It would be the equivalent of 3-4 level 30's in WoW being able to kill Thrall.

Ignotis
01.23.2012 , 06:54 AM | #5
They've also trivialized Exile as well, and Darth Nihilus. It's like a hit job on KOTOR 2.

RPKapow
01.23.2012 , 06:59 AM | #6
You're not wrong.

JDTC
01.23.2012 , 07:22 AM | #7
i thought the foundry was neat when i heard hk-47s voice.

then i get to the end.
i support powertech

YeesBox
01.23.2012 , 07:23 AM | #8
Research and continuity are hardly BioWares strong sides.

Take Valley of the Dark Lords.

Tales of the Jedi in 1994 showed the valley and the tomb of Marka Ragnos.
Jedi Academy in 2003 by Raven Software clearly used Tales as the source for their design.
Kotor in 2003, BioWare does their own take on the Valley.
Kotor: TSL in 2005, Obsidian uses BioWare's Valley for the sequel.
TOR in 2011, BioWare reshapes Valley of the Dark Lords again.
"We declare peace with weapons in our hands.
The choice we are making may also be evil.
But even so.... even so."

NotSevv
01.23.2012 , 07:40 AM | #9
There is alot here but your giving revan too much credit

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan

or massive text wall in tag

Spoiler

Acks
01.23.2012 , 07:54 AM | #10
the reason you are able to beat Revan in TOR is because he went through 300 years of him being imprisoned where upon the Emperor was essentially stealing his life force the whole time. The Revan you see in TOR is a shell of his former self.