Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint finder for 50s at least or a revamped LFG system is needed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Flashpoint finder for 50s at least or a revamped LFG system is needed

brownbagit
01.23.2012 , 03:42 AM | #1
I was looking at the overwhelming "daily" flashpoints today and thought I should get at least one done. That decision brought about maybe the single worst day of video gaming I've ever had. My day became: look in guild for someone to do it with...oh cool. This person wants to do it. Now find tank and heals...2 hours of looking go by..nothing. Take a break from this headache, repeat countless times over. Then at midnight I finally get a group together. We have some difficulty but we make it to the end boss. We wipe one more time, and our tank leaves without warning. I can't tell you how upset I am that I wasted so much time thinking, "maybe if I just try one more time...."
I was all for having no FP finder, but you guys need to admit your LFG system has failed and move on. Revamp it or create a FP finder that doesn't teleport and works on the same server so we don't have to sit on the fleet getting nothing done. It's maddening.
I've decide I'm just gonna wait for my friends and gf to get to 50 and do it with people that I can hold accountable. Isn't that the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish? I'm done trying to rely on a "community" of people all trying to do different things and who could care less if I get a flashpoint done.

Jeddo
01.24.2012 , 10:12 AM | #2
i feel you, logged wow and got instant group (i play tankadin)

Raehj
01.24.2012 , 10:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by brownbagit View Post
I was looking at the overwhelming "daily" flashpoints today and thought I should get at least one done. That decision brought about maybe the single worst day of video gaming I've ever had. My day became: look in guild for someone to do it with...oh cool. This person wants to do it. Now find tank and heals...2 hours of looking go by..nothing. Take a break from this headache, repeat countless times over. Then at midnight I finally get a group together. We have some difficulty but we make it to the end boss. We wipe one more time, and our tank leaves without warning. I can't tell you how upset I am that I wasted so much time thinking, "maybe if I just try one more time...."
I was all for having no FP finder, but you guys need to admit your LFG system has failed and move on. Revamp it or create a FP finder that doesn't teleport and works on the same server so we don't have to sit on the fleet getting nothing done. It's maddening.
I've decide I'm just gonna wait for my friends and gf to get to 50 and do it with people that I can hold accountable. Isn't that the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish? I'm done trying to rely on a "community" of people all trying to do different things and who could care less if I get a flashpoint done.
You made your point in the last part of your wall of text.

Wait for your friends, HM's in this game are quite difficult, I think its intentional. Moreover, I am getting sick of people wanting what WoW has in their game.

WoW has easy..easy dungeons now, there is no challenge really. Most of this stems from people actually doing them quite a bit and being familiar (which will happen to TOR in the near future) however it also has to do with HMs actually being a bit of a challenge here.

Please stop asking for cake, take initiative - if you don't want to, by all means go back to WoW.

Oh and community is lol, there is no community on WoW - only for elite guilds who compare e-peen progression. At least here people are getting known for their PvP skills, and "good" guilds will start getting recognition in PvE on a local level.

*Edit* I know I'm being defensive, but overall almost every complaint these days (Besides valid ones, i.e. bugs, UI/Action Bar lag, PvP itemization) stems from the WoW generation.

AichaHalcyon
01.24.2012 , 10:28 AM | #4
The server I play on has pretty much taken care of this issue by one individual creating a LFG channel.

You just /cjoin Lfg, and you are placed in a server-wide channel, every time you log in.

Much easier to find groups, don't have to sit in the fleet spamming "LFG hm fp's", and you get to continue questing or doing whatever you were doing.
Guild Leader, Omega Company
Social and Casual PVE Progression
www.omegacompany.xtreemhost.com

grueber
01.24.2012 , 10:30 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Raehj View Post

Wait for your friends, HM's in this game are quite difficult, I think its intentional. Moreover, I am getting sick of people wanting what WoW has in their game.

WoW has easy..easy dungeons now, there is no challenge really. Most of this stems from people actually doing them quite a bit and being familiar (which will happen to TOR in the near future) however it also has to do with HMs actually being a bit of a challenge here.

Please stop asking for cake, take initiative - if you don't want to, by all means go back to WoW.

Oh and community is lol, there is no community on WoW - only for elite guilds who compare e-peen progression. At least here people are getting known for their PvP skills, and "good" guilds will start getting recognition in PvE on a local level.

*Edit* I know I'm being defensive, but overall almost every complaint these days (Besides valid ones, i.e. bugs, UI/Action Bar lag, PvP itemization) stems from the WoW generation.
Lol you think running a 16 man op is "easier" than the original 40 man WoW raids?

You think there is more "community" in casual players getting frustrated in forming a group for FPs and end up soloing content or quitting?

Go sit at your Fleet and tell me about the "community" that current exists. Yeah I thought so.

Crunchyblack
01.24.2012 , 10:32 AM | #6
The problem with LFG tools is that, through shouting and discussion with people, you can often weed out mouthbreathers that are going to end up wrecking the flashpoint.

I mean LFG tool...fine...i just always hate the kind of people i get teamed up with randomly, through shouting i typically find a solid group, though its not so easy compared.

Raehj
01.24.2012 , 10:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by grueber View Post
Lol you think running a 16 man op is "easier" than the original 40 man WoW raids?

You think there is more "community" in casual players getting frustrated in forming a group for FPs and end up soloing content or quitting?

Go sit at your Fleet and tell me about the "community" that current exists. Yeah I thought so.

Uh? Yes, a 16man Op is easier than 40 man MC/Ony raids... ty?

If by casual you mean, unable to take the time to make a few friends that they trust, gear up, free up several hours for hardmode dungeon crawls - then yes, please have them solo content or quit.

Okay?

grueber
01.24.2012 , 10:49 AM | #8
Not everyone has "several hours" of uninterrupted free time to play.

If swtor wants to cater to people who have plenty of free time on their hands that's their choice. Maybe then they'll notice that those with RL constraints tend to be the ones who have jobs so they can pay $$$ for their subscription.

megaseven
01.24.2012 , 10:51 AM | #9
This is a terrible idea and should have absolutely no place in SW:ToR..

If you want easy mode go back to WoW please.........
"Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy! And... we shall have peace."

Yummymango
01.24.2012 , 10:56 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raehj View Post

I like the game but what should I do when I only get to play 3-4 hours maxx on weekdays because I work 10 hours everyday. I want to get as much content done in whatever time I have. Not everyone has all day to stand on fleet trying to "build communities"

Also OP clearly specified his issue, he waited all day for group and even when he got one the tank left at last boss and they were back to square one. He did take initiative to put together a group.

There is absolutely nothing big in putting together a group in 2 hours. It is just waste of time. And just because you dont agree with people who want LFD tool, doesn't mean they should quit the game.

Quote: Originally Posted by megaseven View Post
This is a terrible idea and should have absolutely no place in SW:ToR..

If you want easy mode go back to WoW please.........
What has easy mode to do with putting together a group.
"Yo Dawg, Today I put together such a sick group for Hard mode Black talon that even trade chat was talking about me. I feel like invincible. It is one of the hardest thing that one can do. I am glad I quit wow because that was easy mode. I should get some medals."

It is a convenience which saves time. And do you really think TOR raids and content is difficult than WOW or any other game!