Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

KorbinArmand
02.29.2012 , 07:30 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by B-Ballplayer View Post
^This.
Spoiler
It would be an awesome fight. But Now would win.
Yet nobody has questioned how much surviving would equal a win, the Wrath could carve up Nox into pieces then scatter the pieces...bingo win though Nox is still 'technically' alive...
May the Fourth Be With You

Flamegeyser
02.05.2013 , 07:15 PM | #72
In my opinion, every character is no stronger or weaker than the rest.

This means that the Wrath=Nox=Cipher Nine=The Grand Champion of the Great Hunt=The Hero of Tython=Voidhound=Havoc Squad Commander=Barsen'Thor

This also means that all of these characters are stronger than the Voice, and that Darth Nox is stronger than Darth Jadus.

But what the hell, this is just my way of looking at it.

DAWUSS
02.05.2013 , 07:22 PM | #73
I'd be like Windu vs. Palpy. Saber Master vs. Force Wielder. As long as it's stuck to saber swinging, the Wrath has the upper hand. If it ends up being about spamming Force Powers, the advantage goes to Darth Imperius/Occulus/Nox.

SithKoriandr
02.05.2013 , 07:26 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by DAWUSS View Post
I'd be like Windu vs. Palpy. Saber Master vs. Force Wielder. As long as it's stuck to saber swinging, the Wrath has the upper hand. If it ends up being about spamming Force Powers, the advantage goes to Darth Imperius/Occulus/Nox.
Why do people think Darth Imperious/Occulus/Nox would suck at or be worse Wrath at use of a lightsaber? It's like people totally discount Deception Build Assassins.

Surinen
02.05.2013 , 07:30 PM | #75
Wrath without a doubt - chosen of the Emperor after all.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

LastWizard
02.05.2013 , 07:37 PM | #76
A lightsaber doesn't make the warrior. The force does. Palpa vs Windu, I'm sorry but palpa would win hands down.

The force flows deeper in the inquisitor and with a deeper connection gives more power. The wrath is good, but no match for an inquisitor.

Surinen
02.05.2013 , 07:52 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
A lightsaber doesn't make the warrior. The force does. Palpa vs Windu, I'm sorry but palpa would win hands down.

The force flows deeper in the inquisitor and with a deeper connection gives more power. The wrath is good, but no match for an inquisitor.
actually no, Warrior has much bigger force potential than inquisitor, you can pretty much see it doing class quests when he plays with enemies. even baras said about his superb power inside him. inquisitor pretty much stolen his power with a huge problems. also, what is the most important: Emperor would choose inquisitor instead of Warrior if he was more powerful. just because inquisitor chose to channel his force in a different way than Warrior it means a little - especially considering that Warriors are those who are elite.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

maxetius
02.06.2013 , 10:08 AM | #78
Quote:
Occlus is actually Occules, and Occules means "hide" in latin which makes sence because a light side inquisitor gets the name Occules. Nox is for a dark side inquisitor, and it means "the night". Imperious loosely translated could mean "government" which his for a neutral inquisitor.
No no NO. Why do people keep saying this and spreading this misinformation?

Darth Imperius: LIGHT SIDE. Darth Marr gives you this name "For Serving the Empire."

Darth Nox: DARK SIDE. Darth Marr Gives you this name "For your mastery of the dark side."

Darth Occulus: NEUTRAL. Darth Marr gives you this name because "For Your Inscrutable Reputation." [mysterious, unknown, etc]

There you have it.

Path-x
02.06.2013 , 01:10 PM | #79
Wrath obviously. Why would one be Wrath if he couldn't even enforce Emperor's will on a single council member.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

JacenHallis
02.06.2013 , 11:19 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMoord View Post
Revan is actually most likely derived from 'Revenant'. As in a ghost that comes back to haunt the living and derived from the latin revenans or "returning".
Revan is derived from revanchism (he was called The Revanchist, after all), which is the philosophy that a people should take back by force territories lost to them. This was the philosophy espoused by the Jedi who would come to be known as Revan when he argued that the Jedi should become involved in the Mandalorian Wars.

As to the immortality of the Warrior, I don't think it's happened yet. The ritual involved is more than just waving one's hand around and saying a few nonsensical syllables. It involves Sith alchemy, and it is incredibly painful, as described in Revan. If the warrior ever undergoes this ritual, it will not be glossed over, and we won't have to ask "did we or didn't we?" It will be quite plain that it happened.

On that note, I'd think the Emperor might be hesitant to use the ritual on another Wrath considering that Scourge betrayed him. Scourge is an effectively-immortal enemy who is highly knowledgeable about the Emperor, including his security measures, his actual plans for the galaxy, and so on. It's much easier to control someone who's not going to be able to bide his time for 300 years in order to make a move, if his plan is to do so.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.