Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

Rhyltran
01.24.2012 , 01:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
Something tells me the Emperor will have made our Warrior immortal as well. Doesn't do to have a Wrath that can be killed.
I honestly have a feeling it's already been done.

Spoiler

DarkestDaemon
01.24.2012 , 01:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
I honestly have a feeling it's already been done.

Spoiler
Then there ya go.

Our warrior is the immortal executioner of the Emperor. Which means the Dark Council's words about not interfering with their business are now laughable!
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

B-Ballplayer
01.24.2012 , 06:32 PM | #23
I played both classes, one to 50 (Sorc) and one to 45 (Mara). Truthfully, I would have to say that Darth Nox would win in a fight. I am just basing it one class Archetypes. I think each would win vs different Advanced classes. I know we are talking about Wrath and Nox, but those are just "titles" for the classes. I know a Wrath in the past was immortal, but that doesn't mean this one will be immortal. People saying that they are immortal are just speculating. So here we go AC vs AC.

1. Inquisitor: Palpatine and Maul.
2. Warrior: Darth Vader

In the first fight it would be Palpatine vs Vader.

I know that in the movie Vader killed Palpatine, but that is just because there happened to be a giant hole next to him... and Vader later did die of the damages that Palpatine inflicted on him. So if there was a fight on just barren land I would give this one to Palpatine, 6 seconds of being electricuted by him resulted in death.

Sorc wins vs Jugg.

Maul vs Darth Vader.

I am using Darth Vader for both because there aren't many sith that use 2 lightsabers to my knowledge. For this fight, I think Vader (Anakin Vader) would win because 1.... he killed all of the Jedi besides 2. And two... he kills children therefore he is better.

So I really think it would be down to which Advanced class it is.

PS: I hate Anakin, just... he was better than older Vader.

AngelousWang
01.24.2012 , 06:43 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by B-Ballplayer View Post
Maul vs Darth Vader.

I am using Darth Vader for both because there aren't many sith that use 2 lightsabers to my knowledge. For this fight, I think Vader (Anakin Vader) would win because 1.... he killed all of the Jedi besides 2. And two... he kills children therefore he is better.

So I really think it would be down to which Advanced class it is.

PS: I hate Anakin, just... he was better than older Vader.
Vader beat Maul in the EU by the way (a clone of Maul anyway), though he had to resort to a samurai like kamikaze move, stabbing himself through the stomach (something which killed Qui-Gon Jinn by the way).

Vader became much stronger than Anakin (even if he did lose quite a bit of his potential) ... there is no way Anakin would have survived impaling himself.
CE VIP

Faern
01.24.2012 , 06:44 PM | #25
However, Mace Windu blocked the lightnings from Sidious with his saber. Safe to assume that Vader should be able to do the same thing?

DarkestDaemon
01.24.2012 , 07:06 PM | #26
... I tend to decimate sorcerers and sages on my Marauder.

So that comparison doesn't apply to me, obviously.
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

Ardim
01.24.2012 , 07:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Faern View Post
However, Mace Windu blocked the lightnings from Sidious with his saber. Safe to assume that Vader should be able to do the same thing?
Yeah lightsabers can block lightning. My Warrior himself did it against Baras.
The Alabaster Legacy
Server: Jedi Covenant
Isaac: Sith Marauder Skradin: Mercenary Washington: Operative

DarthMoord
01.24.2012 , 07:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Uruare View Post
Darth Nihilus, Darth Ravage, Darth Bane, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious (insidious?), Darth Revan (raven?), Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperious (latin in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago?).
Revan is actually most likely derived from 'Revenant'. As in a ghost that comes back to haunt the living and derived from the latin revenans or "returning".
Quote: Originally Posted by B-Ballplayer View Post
1. Inquisitor: Palpatine and Maul.
Using Palpatine as an example of an Inquisitor in this fight is like using The God Emperor of Man as an example of a Space Marine or The Lich King as an example of what the Lich King's right hand would be like. It's preposterous, Palpatine is so far above the Sith Emperor let alone Nox that I can't believe you're serious.
See the sniper on the hill.
Rifle's loaded, he's ready to kill.
Kill the enemy, steal his soul.
So early. So early. So early in the morning.

DarkestDaemon
01.25.2012 , 10:11 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMoord View Post
Revan is actually most likely derived from 'Revenant'. As in a ghost that comes back to haunt the living and derived from the latin revenans or "returning".

Using Palpatine as an example of an Inquisitor in this fight is like using The God Emperor of Man as an example of a Space Marine or The Lich King as an example of what the Lich King's right hand would be like. It's preposterous, Palpatine is so far above the Sith Emperor let alone Nox that I can't believe you're serious.
Palpatine is an immortal spirit that can devour the entire life force of a planet?

Karaiblis
01.25.2012 , 10:43 AM | #30
Quote:
"Darth Nihilus, Darth Ravage, Darth Bane, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious (insidious?), Darth Revan (raven?), Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperious (latin in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago?)."
I expect that the writers found Darth naming conventions as amusing.

Spoiler

I laughed pretty hard.
Passion Strength Power Victory Freedom
Kovrai Ebon Hawk Rysari