Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Emperor's Wrath vs. Darth Nox (spoilers)

Mekkanon
05.30.2013 , 02:07 AM | #121
Like someone said Darth Jadus is second to the empire.

Just like with the emperor being close to him corrupts you to the dark side> Making him a formiddable Force user and Warrior next to being the second strongest sith alive (emperor being one)
(this is said in the Agent story btw)

So i guess the challenge would be, who would be able to kill darth jadus, Wrath or Nox

jankiel
05.30.2013 , 03:57 AM | #122
Quote:
Darth Occlus = All Lightside.
Darth Imperius = More Empire loyal, rather than Darkside-Lightside.
Darth Nox = All Darkside.
Wrong.

Imperius is for LS
Occlus is for neutral.
Nox is DS.

I my self ended up as eyeball lord. Gonna roll a Imperius this time.

Darthalargus
10.10.2013 , 01:11 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Fraevar View Post
Darth Nox, because she can't die. Thanaton tried his hardest on Dromund Kaas. A Darth Nox who still has the ghosts after the endgame can't be killed. This is defined by the story itself. And given that the only person who could teach the rituals of Ergast is Ergast himself (who's trapped in Nox) and with the rituals of Tulak Hord being in Khem-Zash, it's doubtful the Wrath would have any idea about how to get rid of said ghosts.

Plus, unlike Lord Drahg, I don't see Darth Nox boasting about her power, she'd simply get up again or reappear later as was the case at the beginning of Act 2 of the Inquisitor storyline. So it is questionable who would even know about what's going on with her.

The new Wrath's main abilities are their martial skills and aptitude for manipulating the passions of others (like with Jaesa), though it is hard to put this into any practical framework for comparison since Darth Nox also has plenty of opportunities to be manipulative. Player agency is a factor here, I'd say.

That being said, I find the whole concept of this fight interesting, though unnecessary. In terms of the story we know the new Emperor's Wrath is in fact not made aware of the Emperor's true plans...will be interesting to see what BioWare does with the story there. If the Wrath knew the Emperor's plan, they should also know that Nox would be one of the few Sith with enough knowledge of the ancient rituals, and the power to help do something about it.
Wait, Nox can't die? Since when?! How does keeping the ghosts make you immortal? Please tell me about it.
PS: Maybe this thread is old but...
Darth Alargus, Sith Sorcerer, The Progenitor

benovide
10.11.2013 , 12:41 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthalargus View Post
Wait, Nox can't die? Since when?! How does keeping the ghosts make you immortal? Please tell me about it.
PS: Maybe this thread is old but...
Same reason Thanaton could not kill him the first time, the ghosts inside him are already dead, chaining him to the world of the living. Darth Nox cannot die, cannot be killed.

However, that doesn't mean he's the most powerful, it only means if the Emperors wrath was the more powerful of the two, that Darth Nox could be tortured for eternity.

Darthalargus
10.11.2013 , 07:53 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Same reason Thanaton could not kill him the first time, the ghosts inside him are already dead, chaining him to the world of the living. Darth Nox cannot die, cannot be killed.

However, that doesn't mean he's the most powerful, it only means if the Emperors wrath was the more powerful of the two, that Darth Nox could be tortured for eternity.
But that would only lead to Darth nox getting angrier and angrier. And as we all know: Sith gain powers from emotions, anger especially. Then Nox will eventually be stronger than anything!
Darth Alargus, Sith Sorcerer, The Progenitor

Kaedusz
10.11.2013 , 12:49 PM | #126
The Wrath should win in a fight.But there are things with the Force Nox can do that the Wrath can't , against a third party.

bachilious
12.21.2013 , 01:26 PM | #127
The wrath was choosen directly by the emperor himself. Do you really think he would waste his resources and power to an unworthy sith?

AmazingEggplant
12.22.2013 , 08:54 PM | #128
My money is on Darth Nox, from a strictly lore stand point. I mean, he's way more knowledgeable in the Force, not to mention his Dashade he has in his service.

The better question is, what happens after Nox wins and he eats Wrath's ghost?

Girdeux
12.23.2013 , 01:24 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by AmazingEggplant View Post
My money is on Darth Nox, from a strictly lore stand point. I mean, he's way more knowledgeable in the Force, not to mention his Dashade he has in his service.

The better question is, what happens after Nox wins and he eats Wrath's ghost?
It doesnt matter how knowledgeable your are in the force. The emperor was beat by the brute force of a lightsaber by the hero of tython. Lets not forget the Emperor has the most force knowledge out of everybody in the KOTOR era.

SitHamster
12.23.2013 , 05:35 PM | #130
We should list the duels between Force oriented and Fight oriented Sith/Jedis like this:
Qui-gon vs Maul: Fight oriented wins

and see wich type of skills wins the most often