Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: How to bridge the PVP gear gap for fresh level 50s in less than 2 days

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Guide: How to bridge the PVP gear gap for fresh level 50s in less than 2 days

Noctournys
02.05.2012 , 08:00 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by kalexkhan View Post
If you thought old school mmo's were not about gear, particularly in pvp you were mistaken.

Just cause you were too in experienced to come to those realizations doesn't mean others did not.
Quit feedin the troll.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

grizbi
02.05.2012 , 08:01 PM | #102
I support this thread.

People are always over exegerating

I prefer to choose and craft my gear. I think it's much more fun to grow a plan. Plus it gives me different activities so that I'm not getting bored or frustrated.

And...I don't like to be a clone.

Be clever , be diffferent !

Noctournys
02.06.2012 , 01:01 PM | #103
An (expanded) example:

Centurion Field Tech's Leggings:
73 cunning, 71 endurance, 39 expertise, 40 accuracy (lol), 36 crit

Or my orange modded legs: (made pre-50, from daily quests)
66 cunning, 95 endurance (!), 21 power, 27 crit, 39 surge

Now multiply that over the entire set of gear... add in BiS crafted implants and earpieces you can pick up on the GTN for cheap.

significantly better than Centurion all around. You gain FAR more HP than the 8% expertise or so the set gives, and the FAR better dps stats equal out to more than an 8% dps gain across the board, making the expertise on the set a completely moot issue.

edit:
to fit this into a "whole set" perspective -

thats... 240 more HP per piece, x 6 pieces (5 orange armor pieces, + an orange weapon) so.. a base of 1440 HP.

Then we move on to the truly terrible pieces, belt, bracers, earpieces, and implants.

If you can get an orange belt, the difference is even more startling:

Centurion Field Techs Belt:
66 cunning, 47 endurance, 39expertise, 8 power

Or my crafted belt (which i currently use because its still better than a CHAMPION belt):
93 cunning, 61 endurance, 34 power

I could get a bit more endurance there if i switched the armoring to Patron instead of SKill, so well go with that number instead - 71 endurance, 83 cunning. Another 240 endurance difference, bringing us to:

1680 more HP than Centurion gear.. 140 primary stat, + loads of extra power, and crit, and surge.

The wrist pieces are identical, so we can add another 240 HP...bringing us to

+1920 HP over Centurion + loads of DPS stats (or defensive stats if you're a tank)

Moving on to earpiece:

Centurion Enforcers Device:
56 cunning, 64 endurance, 39 expertise, 40accuracy, 40 crit

compared to a BoE:

Rakata Enforcer's Device:
85 cunning, 98 endurance, 51 power, 51 surge.

a difference of 34 endurance (+ dps stats).. 340 more HP, bringing us to:

+2260 HP over centurion

and lastly, implants:

Centurion Enforcer's Package:
66 cunning, 60 endurance, 39 expertise, 40 accuracy, 34 crit

or

Rakata Field Medic's Package (better stats):
103 cunning, 85 endurance, 44 crit, 51 surge

a difference of 25 endurance, or 250 HP more than Centurion, EACH, bringing our total to:

+2760 HP over centurion gear, not including relics (everyone should have their matrix shard, so moot), and almost 200 of your primary stat, + far better itemized crit/surge/whatever stat you need.

And you dont need to PvP for any of it.. or even do anything hard.

Just do some dalies for a few total hours and spend a little bit of the cash you made on dalies on crafted implants/ears/belt/bracers
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

neowizard
02.06.2012 , 04:05 PM | #104
Great information for when I (eventually) hit 50.

Xtrema
02.06.2012 , 08:07 PM | #105
appreciate the time/effort/post man, this is my first MMO so it helps tremendously. Besides I was just debating if I want to hold off on 50 because of all the QQing i see on the forums. Looks like again, just a bunch of trolls :P

I've already started leveling soley off PvP at 49, probably won't hit 1k/1k though, most likely 2-3 bags only. Again, thanks so much for this!!

Jabbb
02.06.2012 , 08:36 PM | #106
Sticky this so we can get less pvp complaint and they dont nerf the already underpowered pvp gear

Slumpy
02.07.2012 , 02:27 AM | #107
bumped for the 11k vanguard noob

L-RANDLE
02.07.2012 , 12:47 PM | #108
+1 Needed to follow this one. I am lvl 47 and just bought some lvl 50 mastercraft, and lvl 50 orange with augments at the AH, so I can hit the ground running in route to my BM gear. I guess my questions is:

1. Is orange > champ? Looks like you guys are saying they are about =.....

2. Should you even bother buying champ bags after you fill your empty slots with champ gear?

3. Should BM be the goal or should Rakata (fill empty slots with champ gear and go raid?) I don't raid, but the Rakata Gear should be a bit better in PvP by the logic you use. Correct?

threas
02.07.2012 , 12:57 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
You can already get near a ful set of columi pve gear in about four hours...
How? just running hard modes?

stilari
02.07.2012 , 03:07 PM | #110
Very useful information in this post, I also found your Focus Guardian Guide pretty interesting as well. I play mostly Vigilance and Defense spec, but have toyed with Focus, that guide kinda sparked my interest in the build again. Keep up the good work!