Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats up with the gear drops in operations?

WakeXT
01.23.2012 , 10:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Trenyc View Post
You have it wrong. The only loot that is assigned is tiered gear. This included Tionese, Columi, and Rakata. The only loot I've seen so far that is not auto assigned is schematics and dropped crafting mats.
If you're playing HM or NM, master looter works as intended (besides bugging out sometimes, so you have to give the players who get items leader+ml so they can take their items for themselves). It's only in normal mode that items get assigned, most likely to prevent ninjaing items when PUGing operations. Since Rakata starts dropping in HM, it shouldn't get assigned randomly to a player in any case (or other stuff for that matter) - only if you forgot to set the loot mode.

Quote: Originally Posted by Keling View Post
My question is how do people in HM's and NM's decide who gets the loot if 2 people tie for it depending on what kind of loot system you use since you can't /roll, do you duel to the death for it?
Easy answer: Loot council.
Obviously doesn't work if you play with a GM and/or officers who are total *****s or people who can't stand the thought of getting no chance at an item in this particular raid week.

Or Need vs. Greed which means rolling for it, naturally doesn't work well with derps who roll on wrong items or on items that aren't an upgrade for them.

Canarith
01.23.2012 , 11:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnholliday View Post
So you're saying just deal with it? Great solution
Yes, I am saying just deal with it. If you played WoW at all, you would realize the number of times a boss was killed and pieces dropped that nobody could even think of using.....

If you are a healer and are complaining about a dps drop that is assigned to you, just consider that it gives you more options.

I am not claiming it is at all perfect, but honestly complaining about loot drops that sometimes people cannot use seems kinda silly, consider the other games I have played at endgame.

One also has to remember that the current system completely removes the chance of ninja looting on gear. The only thing that is left up for master loot are biometric crystal alloys that may drop.