Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tough question: Where can i find light armor trousers?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Tough question: Where can i find light armor trousers?

Darthshnooky
01.23.2012 , 01:14 PM | #21
As i said, this will certainly derail your thread...

You and i agree on many points, though there are a few i would disagree with.

Obi-Wan is really the model for a Jedi Knight Guardian. He was pretty much a master of Soresu form, used a single blue saber, and was called in for missions to keep the peace; all of this, to me, points toward Knight. Qui-Gon is IMO a Consular, he focuses a great deal on the philosophical aspects of the Living Force and his saber skills failed against Maul, and I would say Yoda is a Consular as well but far more powerful than Qui-Gon. Shadows are much more into covert Jedi operations in lore, and that just doesn't say Obi-Wan to me.

Darth Maul is an Assassin, plain and simple. He's in light armor with a double-sided saber. He's just spec'd for tanking The Juggernaut is all about heavy armor and a single saber, it's Darth Vader all the way. Ventris is a Marauder, with medium armor and two sabers, focusing on fast attacks. Though i agree that Osaka is a good model for the Sentinel.

Macetheace
01.23.2012 , 06:30 PM | #22
well that showed me, i think you're right on everyone but Obi-wan

i still think Obi would be a perfect Consular but now I think on what you wrote, he also fits the Knight mould - maybe that's his Forte, a bit of both, whiles Yoda is very very wise, and MAce is very very good with the light saber. Obi Wan is is quite wise, but also good with teh light saber - probably the most well rounded Jedi, and teh most inner balanced after Yoda. and in episode 4 isn't he using a green light saber?

btw.. i got some trousers today.. a pair dropped in Cademeinum.. and fortuantley I beat the other Consular, a shadow to it, didn't help that i had been going on about pants in chat for a while

however we did do the flashpoint again and it dropped again, so he also got a pair, and we're both happy. Now if only I could find a white pair of pants.. i was going to interrupt my tatooine adventure and do enough misisons to get 13 commendations to buy the pants.. quite happy i did not now.

Darthshnooky
01.23.2012 , 07:04 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
well that showed me, i think you're right on everyone but Obi-wan

i still think Obi would be a perfect Consular but now I think on what you wrote, he also fits the Knight mould - maybe that's his Forte, a bit of both, whiles Yoda is very very wise, and MAce is very very good with the light saber. Obi Wan is is quite wise, but also good with teh light saber - probably the most well rounded Jedi, and teh most inner balanced after Yoda. and in episode 4 isn't he using a green light saber?
No, he always used a blue saber in the films, including ANH. I would still say he's a Knight, but that learning as a Padawan under Qui-Gon (a Consular) helped expand his view and understanding of the Force. He's very well-rounded as a Jedi and perhaps his biggest failing is that he did not manage to pass that on to Anakin while teaching him.

Oh, and gratz on your pants.

Havokk
01.23.2012 , 08:16 PM | #24
I am also on a quest to not wear a skirt.

Republic side I play a Sentinel who wears Aspiring Knight Leggings. The companion Kira, a light armour wearer, has the Muse Vestments trousers from the commendation vendor on Alderaan (or perhaps the Muse chest slot is from commendations and the leg slot is from the IGTN).
As an aside, the Republic Muse Vestments are in my opinion the classiest looking gear in the game.

Imperial side I play a Sorceror who wears the Formal Suit social gear from Dromund Kaas (costs credits to buy but needs social I).
As an aside, the Imperial Muse Vestments are pretty "meh".

Why does the same item have different looks on different sides?

If I sell the Muse Gear at the HCTN will it change appearance depending on who is wearing it?

Why the heck aren't there more light armour leg slot items that aren't skirts?
▂▇≡≡≡≡≡≡≡()▇(₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦

Macetheace
01.24.2012 , 06:31 AM | #25
oh I very much like that they are different. I hate all the same same stuff. i like that republic stuff often looks very very different from EMpire stuff.

Different feel. I'm still looking for a pair of white pants btw.

what does HCTN mean anyway? and i'm just relieved that republic has nice stuff, I remmeber when I use to play wow, their alliance stuff when it was different, was normally worse than the horde stuff. In ToR the styles are totally different, but their are i'm sure you'd find some really nice empire stuff too later.

kinseysw
01.24.2012 , 06:32 AM | #26
I think jedi's and Sith' look much cooler in robes anyways, **** pants... if i was a sith i'd weat a skirt... i mean.. who's gunna question a sith lord..

Erevan_Kindelar
01.24.2012 , 06:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by kinseysw View Post
I think jedi's and Sith' look much cooler in robes anyways, **** pants... if i was a sith i'd weat a skirt... i mean.. who's gunna question a sith lord..
Try a Scottish Sith Lord... "osh aye, thaaaaat's nae a skirt ye sassenach southern wuss, et's a KILT!
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Macetheace
01.24.2012 , 07:05 AM | #28
well alot of hte Sith WArrior lower robes are actually Kilts or Sarongs and they don't look girly at all, although maybe that depends on n your characte'rs body size and shape.

some are just skirts though, for me, i prefer trousers, .. I have yet to see a Jedi war kilt.. unlike the SIth ones I often see.

Eutoxis
01.24.2012 , 07:17 AM | #29
sigh... you know you're old when you hear people say Obi Wan never wore robes, think "wt*?", and then realize to your horror that they think of Obi Wan as Ewan Macgregor, not Alec Guiness.

socialwaif
01.24.2012 , 11:30 PM | #30
i may be weird in this, but...while i am all for the skirted look, i do like a good pair of pants from time to time too. so far i am seeing only either long skirts or pants. i have yet to run into anything shorter - if they even exist. i would absolutely adore a good mid to short length skirt, that let me show off my legs some.

in a few other games that have leg coverings that are more like tights or leggings, and add variety to skirts versus pants. i have even seen a few go and attach the waist-to-upper leg coverage to items such as tunics and chemises. while it would work alot better, and be easier to do, in a fully medieval fantasy setting, having a fantasy scifi setting should not rule it out entirely either.

i see no reason why we should not be able to craft what we desire; and be able to craft our dreams.