Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commando Best DPS Spec?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Commando Best DPS Spec?

Cesar_Andrade
01.22.2012 , 11:25 PM | #1
Someone was saying something about Grav round or w.e being the best hitting thing for a commando? Any input on the best dps spec for a commando for pve/pvp?

sensiblepoast
01.23.2012 , 01:49 AM | #2
Yes grav works "fine" when specced for it. But tbh gunnery spec is rather lame... not only you will constantly be out of ranged, you will also be out range dpsed, and minced down the moment someone jumps on you. It is rather mediocre as you are more of a nuisance and a valor pinata than a real danger as you could be in some other class.

For pve it works fine tho.

DarkGreenGames
01.23.2012 , 02:01 AM | #3
obviously you have no skill in pvp because both gunnery and assault are both fine each is it's own play style.

nowocinm
01.23.2012 , 02:03 AM | #4
Nothin is more fun in PvP than spamming grav round 3 times with a jugg and an assassin on you and having them not even bother to kick one of those. Those same people are the ones pushing for an unneeded nerf. Spec assault so you won't have to take **** from everyone you kill in pvp

sensiblepoast
01.23.2012 , 02:16 AM | #5
Lol it takes no skill to spam grav grav hib fa.

My level 11 shadow warrior laughs at the face of my commando and then guts it.

nowocinm
01.23.2012 , 03:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sensiblepoast View Post
Lol it takes no skill to spam grav grav hib fa.

My level 11 shadow warrior laughs at the face of my commando and then guts it.
Dunno what a shadow warrior is but I bet you like all the other melee classes want a nerf but refuse to use your interrupt. I tried to help the man make a decision all you did was make up a class

sensiblepoast
01.23.2012 , 04:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by nowocinm View Post
Dunno what a shadow warrior is but I bet you like all the other melee classes want a nerf but refuse to use your interrupt. I tried to help the man make a decision all you did was make up a class
You are clueless and make things up as the only one who talks about nerfs is you. I gave him specific feedback and you're the one blabbering about "omg no skill noob whatevs". You can play words as much as you want, the fact is that the jedi shadown on your face lol is way better than the commando for pvp. WAY better.

nowocinm
01.23.2012 , 04:23 AM | #8
I did not notice your first post and you did answer the man. I take back my comment about you not helping him. None the less the rest you can deal with

Bealsebub
01.23.2012 , 05:42 AM | #9
Best DPS PVE is Gunnery, however Assault has way more utility in PVP, although Im sure Gunnery PVP Players will also say that Gunnery eats Assasins for Breakfast as Assault does aswell.

Arivar
01.23.2012 , 08:19 AM | #10
I tested both Gunnery and Assault on pvp with champion/centurion/columi gear ...

void star - assault is much better on defensive (dots)

in rest gunnery is much better for me .. crit for 3-5k almost every hit is nice
with good healer in lots of warzones i stand in one place and do "turret mode" changing target, kill, next target, kill...
only 2 enemy healers can made any problems

// offtop
i see lot of commando (offten with better gear) on wz and really dont know what they do
for example:
- i have 460k dmg, highest objective points and 7-9 medals.
- they got about 100-150k dmg less then 1000 objective and 2-4 medals ? ^^

i think most ppl use "stupid spamming" and dont know what to do if someone attack them.
exept assasin/operative (stealth) i winning almost all fights 1 vs 1

anyway only problems on pvp is LAG ;/ and now after 1.1 lag spikes every 10sec for 2-5sec are too annoying to play normaly