Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pre-ordered July 21 - wha happen?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Pre-ordered July 21 - wha happen?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nozze's Avatar


Nozze
12.14.2011 , 08:32 PM | #21
Korbin, no need to be so harsh. The OP is being pretty calm in all of this.

I don't know if it's true or if it's people being confused by pre-ordered vs redeemed, but apparently there are reports about July people not getting invites yet. If this is true, I suggest that the OP and anyone else contacts customer service via e-mail. There's no real way to tell right now if it is true or not, so I suggest doing that regardless.

But yes. The invites are based off when you actually redeemed your code instead of when you put the pre-order in. The reason for this is you use your www.swtor.com account to redeem the code and to login to SWTOR. If it was based off when you pre-order, they'd have no idea what account to give EGA to.
Wound in the Force - Quorra - Scrapper Scoundrel
Vote for me in the Maxim Gamer Girl Contest!
http://www.maximgamergirl.com/quorra
You can vote once a day, every day until May 25th.

KorbinArmand's Avatar


KorbinArmand
12.14.2011 , 08:39 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozze View Post
Korbin, no need to be so harsh. The OP is being pretty calm in all of this.

I don't know if it's true or if it's people being confused by pre-ordered vs redeemed, but apparently there are reports about July people not getting invites yet. If this is true, I suggest that the OP and anyone else contacts customer service via e-mail. There's no real way to tell right now if it is true or not, so I suggest doing that regardless.

But yes. The invites are based off when you actually redeemed your code instead of when you put the pre-order in. The reason for this is you use your www.swtor.com account to redeem the code and to login to SWTOR. If it was based off when you pre-order, they'd have no idea what account to give EGA to.

May people that ordered with several pre-order distributors may have had problems, but i received a carbon copy (say for dates and my personal information) what a work buddy got when he preordered with Origin close to same time as OP (within week). Thus OP isnt one of those people where it wasnt stated clearly (short of BOLD RED TEXT) there is nothing further provider should have given OP.

OP simply 'assumed' that purchase date = redeemed date out of ignorance and lack of reading the document provided by Seller. I do feel for OP but it is a fault created via their own lack of attention and spending 2-5mins confirming that their order was in order after purchase.

Dunzo's Avatar


Dunzo
12.14.2011 , 09:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbinArmand View Post
OP simply 'assumed' that purchase date = redeemed date out of ignorance and lack of reading the document provided by Seller. I do feel for OP but it is a fault created via their own lack of attention and spending 2-5mins confirming that their order was in order after purchase.
Not asking you to "feel" for me, and definitely not looking for sympathy. Was just looking for an explanation, and to be honest I never saw the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail. I doubt I was the only one. You just needed to mention that, you didn't need to be a condescending jackhole. But you probably enjoy it.

Savara's Avatar


Savara
12.14.2011 , 09:53 PM | #24
Yes, it probably should be better emphasized that the redemption is the most important part. We can't always assume that all pre-orders are from people who've done this sort of thing before.

Basically, though, BW / EA isn't tracking you. For example, I pre-ordered in person at a GameStop location. How would they know when I pre-ordered? GameStop doesn't necessarily have my most up-to-date information, and ensuring that they got all the info correct to the right people is putting a lot of extra work on the retailers who have no real incentive to make sure you, I, or anyone else gets input.

Pretty much every pre-ordered game works this way: When you order, you're given some sort of code, provided those codes are still available. You MUST enter that code somewhere, usually on the company's official site, in order for them to recognize you as a person who pre-ordered. It's just like a CD Key - they can't tell that you bought the game somewhere, you need to tell them.

So while the wording could be better, and lessons learned all around perhaps, the important factor in this particular case is when you actually input your pre-order code. That's the date that your invite should be based off of.
Nyateneri - Chii | Sava'ra - Enaeru | Senre - Enaeru | Nyateneri-- Enaeru
----Cleric ------- Entertainer ------- Priest | Druid ------ Chanter | Spiritmaster ----Mage--
Squadron 11.11.11

richardya's Avatar


richardya
12.14.2011 , 10:02 PM | #25
The system made no sense. They said to preorder to get access on a first come first serve basis so we did. Why would I read some silly email from SWToR when they send me one every two weeks. If i read every spam email a service I signed up for sent me I would not leave my house.

The fact is, it was an incredibly weird system. I would reccomend selling preorder codes that were generated based on the purchase date, seriously they programmed a MMPG they should be able handle sequential dated preorders.. All they did was annoy people. It is annoying when people who bought the game in December, get in before people who bought the game on July 21.

The people in the forum are rude to those who didnt read the spam email.
It's your fault
Learn to read
Have patience
Stop Whinning

Dude, adding the "redeem" mechanic to the system made no sense.

Ulain's Avatar


Ulain
12.14.2011 , 10:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbinArmand View Post
May people that ordered with several pre-order distributors may have had problems, but i received a carbon copy (say for dates and my personal information) what a work buddy got when he preordered with Origin close to same time as OP (within week). Thus OP isnt one of those people where it wasnt stated clearly (short of BOLD RED TEXT) there is nothing further provider should have given OP.

OP simply 'assumed' that purchase date = redeemed date out of ignorance and lack of reading the document provided by Seller. I do feel for OP but it is a fault created via their own lack of attention and spending 2-5mins confirming that their order was in order after purchase.
The fact that you're raging more than the OP about his own issue should probably suggest you go back to WOW to rage with the other kids.

Receipts from the site where you purchased the product, and not an email from the company making this game, to notify you that a code redemption is required is in poor design, especially when it's at the bottom of the receipt after, you know, them telling you how much money you gave them.

Yet the redemption code with zero context is thrown randomly in near the top of the email.

I was one of the ones who missed this nugget of information until Dec 4. I'm not worried that I'm not getting an early invite until maybe 1-2 days before, but I am worried considering my account now says that I still have to redeem that code, and doing so tells me "that code has already been used".

Perhaps this happened with the OP as well?

Ruei's Avatar


Ruei
12.14.2011 , 10:12 PM | #27
How are they supposed to know you pre-ordered without you attaching a preorder code to your account??

They don't NEED to say "and redeemed" - there's no other way for them to know!

richardya's Avatar


richardya
12.14.2011 , 10:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruei View Post
How are they supposed to know you pre-ordered without you attaching a pre-order code to your account??

They don't NEED to say "and redeemed" - there's no other way for them to know!
Um, if the codes are generated sequentially by date it's pretty simple.
As an example my code would have been XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-0721-07:32
0721-0732 means I ordered on July 21 at 7:32

Then they let you in based on your number. Its like boarding an airplane

RavenDB's Avatar


RavenDB
12.14.2011 , 10:19 PM | #29
I have the same issue, submitted my Pre-order code July 27th and NO invite! Im getting VERY tired of this BS, and i have sent 3 emails without any reply!

Coyotecalls's Avatar


Coyotecalls
12.14.2011 , 10:19 PM | #30
What happened was that everyone who registered at the start got "Lost" and they don't know how to fix it. I got a email sent by a "Droid" (because dehumanizing your employees to the customers is a great idea!) saying that they had lost my code and have reinstated me in the 12/13 group. So I'll get to play some time next century, maybe.

*********** crap *** service. How hard is making a *********** list of when people register?
Santa is five hundred *********** years old and he checks his list TWICE!

Wow, reading some of these posts, it's amazing we can actually function as a society at all...
~Livingston, SWTOR Forums.