Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Pre-ordered July 21 - wha happen?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Pre-ordered July 21 - wha happen?
 
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stmart's Avatar


stmart
12.14.2011 , 06:23 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunzo View Post
I'm going off of what was said here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391

He just says "Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly)"

It seems to me if he meant pre-ordered & redeemed in July, he would have just said that. I know when you redeem is a factor, but how big of a factor I don't know. Also I preordered on Origin.
REDEEM is the ONLY word you should read cause it's the ONLY one that matters when talking about who's invited and whO's not invited yet...so if you bought it in july but redeemed your code inoctober, you'll get invited based on an october "pre-order"

Dunzo's Avatar


Dunzo
12.14.2011 , 06:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
When you redeemed is the ONLY factor.

It should tell you in your Code Redemption tab when yours was...
Any idea where this is explained in detail? Seems to me, based on what BW has said, that they are looking at pre-order dates. I haven't seen it written anywhere they are only looking at redemption dates.

Dunzo's Avatar


Dunzo
12.14.2011 , 06:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by stmart View Post
REDEEM is the ONLY word you should read cause it's the ONLY one that matters when talking about who's invited and whO's not invited yet...so if you bought it in july but redeemed your code inoctober, you'll get invited based on an october "pre-order"
I'd look at the word REDEEM, if it was written in that article.

tekkitan's Avatar


tekkitan
12.14.2011 , 06:31 PM | #14
funny my friend ordered and redeemed his in late november but got his email today.

DarthMalyce's Avatar


DarthMalyce
12.14.2011 , 06:33 PM | #15
Everyone needs to calm the hell down and just wait. I know its frustrating and a lot of us have been waiting to play this game for a long time, but throwing a fit isn't gonna help. i dunno if you guys noticed but a huge chunk of people left wow for this game. and many of them preordered, so wait your turn and think of the bioware workers that have to sift through thousands of accounts tryna keep you all from nerdraging...

fyoolie's Avatar


fyoolie
12.14.2011 , 06:34 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunzo View Post
Any idea where this is explained in detail? Seems to me, based on what BW has said, that they are looking at pre-order dates. I haven't seen it written anywhere they are only looking at redemption dates.
If you look at your account, the only dates shown are when you redeemed, thus those are the only dates tracked. If you didn't redeem your code the same day you preordered, you're **** out of luck.

tekkitan's Avatar


tekkitan
12.14.2011 , 06:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthMalyce View Post
Everyone needs to calm the hell down and just wait. I know its frustrating and a lot of us have been waiting to play this game for a long time, but throwing a fit isn't gonna help. i dunno if you guys noticed but a huge chunk of people left wow for this game. and many of them preordered, so wait your turn and think of the bioware workers that have to sift through thousands of accounts tryna keep you all from nerdraging...
everyone here is calm, except you.

Dunzo's Avatar


Dunzo
12.14.2011 , 06:39 PM | #18
I'm not upset, just worried something is not clicking on my end. I think assuming people are e-raging because they make a thread about this is a little over the top itself. I'm also seeing a lot of people saying "redemption times is the only thing that matters", but there's been nothing written I can see that supports this. All I see is "pre order date, pre order time".

You guys are probably right, but I think they should stress the word redeem over pre-order since it can be taken out of context. Seems to me if you pre-ordered off EA directly, they should be able to track you that way. Guess I'll just keep waiting.

DarthMaxiss's Avatar


DarthMaxiss
12.14.2011 , 08:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunzo View Post
I'm not upset, just worried something is not clicking on my end. I think assuming people are e-raging because they make a thread about this is a little over the top itself. I'm also seeing a lot of people saying "redemption times is the only thing that matters", but there's been nothing written I can see that supports this. All I see is "pre order date, pre order time".

You guys are probably right, but I think they should stress the word redeem over pre-order since it can be taken out of context. Seems to me if you pre-ordered off EA directly, they should be able to track you that way. Guess I'll just keep waiting.
Similar boat as you. Preordered on 7/21 and registered code on 7/22. No invite so far. I've sent an email to support, for all the good it will do. I'll update when/if they get back to me.
All the way to Alderaan -
Squadron 14-610

KorbinArmand's Avatar


KorbinArmand
12.14.2011 , 08:27 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dunzo View Post
I'm not upset, just worried something is not clicking on my end. I think assuming people are e-raging because they make a thread about this is a little over the top itself. I'm also seeing a lot of people saying "redemption times is the only thing that matters", but there's been nothing written I can see that supports this. All I see is "pre order date, pre order time".

You guys are probably right, but I think they should stress the word redeem over pre-order since it can be taken out of context. Seems to me if you pre-ordered off EA directly, they should be able to track you that way. Guess I'll just keep waiting.
I preordered with Origin and i can say "YOU FAILED TO READ" they stated more than once when you ordered about going to site and placing in your preorder code.

Also at BOTTOM of your email from Origin it states (copy from mine)

Quote:
Additional Product Information:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ ************* Edition Pre-Order Fee - 1) Go to www.swtor.com/preorder/code
2) Click "Register your pre-order" (You will be prompted to log in or create a Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account if needed)
3) Enter and Confirm your pre-order code when prompted.
4) Complete Registration.
5) You will be notified by email of your early access time at a later date.
******** = version you purchased from standard to DDE

You failed to follow step 1-5 as stated on your email thus you were notified and have a such blown your 21st july access to today? tomorrow when you FINALLY enter it, so enjoy 1 day access.

Blame is your own, do NOT expect them to walk you any further threw this, if you failed to read ALL instructions given when purchasing product then fault is completely yours.