Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the Purpose of Tionese Crystals?

Kissakias
01.30.2012 , 01:01 PM | #11
Tionese are for failed PUGs that dont make it to final boss
a small boost to your attributes to have better chance to reach the final boss
LIKE A-Tab - Dye system (not SWTOR's)- Decorating - All items tradeable- full Cross faction chat/trade
HATE AC change - Gear Score - SWG BH system - Biolink on PickUp

Crashmedc
01.30.2012 , 02:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GlowRage View Post
I've been trying to figure this out and can't really seem to come up with a good answer. Why do Tionese Crystals exist? At first I thought it was to limit your buying power of the Tionese gear, but you will always have more crystals than commendations, due to how frequently they drop in hard modes.

I honestly have no idea why they are even in the game, and why they couldn't just make each boss drop one commendation, and adjust the price of gear accordingly. Has Bioware ever commented on this, or does anyone have a theory as to why they exist?
I felt the same as you until I started doing Operations. Now I can see the full system and what they might have been hoping to do with it.

Normal mode Ops bosses drop the extra tionese commendations that you were looking for in HM FPs without as many crystals. To me, after having cleared normal and hard mode EV and KP, I can see how Bioware made this system to help raiders fill in gaps when RNG loot drops keep missing your class.

So;
HM FPs - a lot of crystals and a few commendations; gives you the taste of gear and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel
NM Ops - a few crystals (I think there were some) and a lot of commendations so that if you're doing both at the same time, the ratio does seem appropriate to the cost of an item
HM Ops - columi commendations to fill that gap

Just my opinion, but I don't think the purpose is to help people only running HM FPs get all their gear in a week or two (yes its possible... I did it, but not the purpose of the system). A good development team will make it possible, but still a time sink. Some people will find the amount of time reasonable and others will not.

Tristero
01.30.2012 , 02:23 PM | #13
Ya... can't wait to start farming nightmare operations to get the tionese commendations to balance out the ratio of tionese commendations to tionese crystals.

laiquendinenar
02.27.2012 , 04:47 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Tristero View Post
Ya... can't wait to start farming nightmare operations to get the tionese commendations to balance out the ratio of tionese commendations to tionese crystals.
Clearly he meant Normal Mode ops for tionese commendations. Use context and your prior knowledge to solve this riddle.
Spoiler

cbowsin
02.27.2012 , 05:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Crashmedc View Post
I felt the same as you until I started doing Operations. Now I can see the full system and what they might have been hoping to do with it.

Normal mode Ops bosses drop the extra tionese commendations that you were looking for in HM FPs without as many crystals. To me, after having cleared normal and hard mode EV and KP, I can see how Bioware made this system to help raiders fill in gaps when RNG loot drops keep missing your class.
I'd say you are right. I spent more time in first week as a new 50 doing normal Ops than doing HM FPs. Recently purchased a tionese piece to replace an orange gear I was using. Currently have fewer Crystals and Comms to buy another. I cannot relate to people who have a large amount of Crystals and few to no Comms to buy one piece.
Yoda: I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience.

Aluo
02.27.2012 , 06:39 PM | #16
They are called Companion Crystals sir /facepalm

But in all seriousness they are for people who are horribly casual gamers.

Anybody who is active on a daily bases will bypass these for Columi gear.

Just use them to gear out your companions for now, then gear them out in T2

mirosusan
02.27.2012 , 07:15 PM | #17
I buyed my MH weapon since the damned Kaon boss and HK wouldn't drop it in XX runs. Karagga wasn't nice too me yet, so, it's what I stick with, although, the pvp weapon would be nice too (Jugg tank).
DARTH VALL ILLUMI
FLYGIRL YVVES ILLUMI

SITH JUGGERNAUT & IMPERIAL OPERATIVE ON DE-JAR'KAI SWORD

Kaydul
02.27.2012 , 07:48 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GlowRage View Post
I've been trying to figure this out and can't really seem to come up with a good answer. Why do Tionese Crystals exist? At first I thought it was to limit your buying power of the Tionese gear, but you will always have more crystals than commendations, due to how frequently they drop in hard modes.

I honestly have no idea why they are even in the game, and why they couldn't just make each boss drop one commendation, and adjust the price of gear accordingly. Has Bioware ever commented on this, or does anyone have a theory as to why they exist?
look, bioware is retarded and doesn't really understand how MMOs work. they were just like "put in random loot systems and it'll be fine" just like the bag system, the tionese **** is *********** retarded...just like the bioware staff
If you want a game that works go back to WoW bro!

ChuangTzu
02.27.2012 , 10:18 PM | #19
Funnily enough I (so far) have always had more commendations than crystals.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Darth-Malice
02.28.2012 , 12:45 AM | #20
As far as I could figure it was to gear up your companions because by the time you can buy something for yourself with Tionese crystals you got a full set of columi gear.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)