Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So who has the worst storyline? break it down

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So who has the worst storyline? break it down

JadeBranch
01.23.2012 , 01:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
I think most people have a problem with the Inquisitor more than the Consular because, well, let's be serious.
A couple of people in this thread have mentioned other people "saying" that the consular story is "the worst" but I have never actually heard anyone say that they disliked the consular story. I know they exist but it's hard for me to believe that the consular story is "bad" when no one makes it a point to say it.

DarkestDaemon
01.23.2012 , 01:26 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JadeBranch View Post
A couple of people in this thread have mentioned other people "saying" that the consular story is "the worst" but I have never actually heard anyone say that they disliked the consular story. I know they exist but it's hard for me to believe that the consular story is "bad" when no one makes it a point to say it.
I've seen it said a few times... much less than the Inquisitor, however.
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

Norumaniac
01.23.2012 , 01:42 PM | #23
I dont know about "the worst", but the Consular story is so bad.

ByronixHero
01.23.2012 , 02:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Norumaniac View Post
I dont know about "the worst", but the Consular story is so bad.
I can't deal with such comments. Why the hell is it bad? "Would you kindly" tell me(and the rest of the boards ofc) why?

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkestDaemon View Post
I think most people have a problem with the Inquisitor more than the Consular because, well, let's be serious.

The Inquisitor class is essentially based off of Sidious, he's the best example we have of a Sith Sorcerer that all can draw from and the dude is a master at manipulation, deception, etc. He's very powerful, he's able to corrupt Jedi, so on and so forth.

The Inquisitor storyline, from the little I've done, has me feeling like Indiana Jones with a lightsaber. Then later on I find out I'm a Ghostbuster with a lightsaber. No matter how awesome it'd be to picture Bill Murray as a Sith/Jedi, I can't reconcile the two ideas.

From what I've read of the Inquisitor, it's like playing through a series of short stories that only remain consistent in the main character.
I get this although so far, I really like one thing, I was just thinking about this the other day. You see, in the movies - we never see Sidious being weak. In the movies - he's at full power, he's made. He's terribly strong by the time we get to know his character. I liken the SI to Sidious when he was younger. Obviously power didn't just come to him - he sought artifacts, trained, and studied sith sorcery, lore and what have you.
That's your Sith Inquisitor. Thus when he becomes Darth, now he can be Palpantine.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Rhyltran
01.23.2012 , 02:47 PM | #25
Many people complain that the Sith Inquisitor was said to be like Sidious but isn't. The issue is that the storylines are unfinished. They plan to have expansions and increase the story. We all know this. Let's look at the facts here. While the Warrior is second to the Emperor he doesn't have a large power base. The inquisitor has been building up power. Not just personal power but political power as well. You can even gain your own cult which is more than what the Warrior has. If the warrior is betrayed he's left with nothing whereas the Inquisitor has the right tools to truly become powerful.

Not to mention the Inquisitor has been introduced to have a rare gift and ability. The warrior is simply a power house. I think the Inquisitor might be starting off slower than the warrior but.. I do think their will be great things down the line for it.

Lostkitty
01.23.2012 , 02:50 PM | #26
Consular story I'm kinda enjoying but at the sametime it's becoming boring

Spoiler
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."
―Yoda
"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."
―Yoda

Space_Chicken
01.23.2012 , 02:52 PM | #27
I've finished the Consular storyline and have now have a Bounty Hunter at 25 & I prefer the Consular story.

The BH is cool and all, being this gruff mercenary out to make credits and rack up some kills, but I prefer the "Good Guy Jedi" feeling of the Consular more. You're out to help people because you're a nice guy. You're not after power or prestige, you just seem to genuinely like helping out, and I like that

Unfaced
01.23.2012 , 03:42 PM | #28
I have only played Consular complete from a class story point of view. and I must say as much as I hated Act 1, I really enjoyed Act 2 - that is imo what the class is standing for. Act 3 Is just meh - not really good, not really bad

Spoiler

Now I am working on the BH and Trooper one. I really like both so far.

_Miranda_
01.23.2012 , 03:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JadeBranch View Post
I like the Consular story, and I love the class.

I *HATE* the companions. All of them are terrible. I had to stop playing that character because of them.

sumfizz
01.23.2012 , 03:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by GregMD View Post
I hate the consular storyline, the male consular personality (if you can call it that) is SO dry and boring.
I like the personality. The story? I gave up on it. I had a level 46 sage and logged on one day to realize I didn't even know what my story was anymore. I actually grew bored with the story somewhere around level 20.

So far I'm thoroughly enjoying my Jedi Knight (level 43). I know what the story is and where I am in regards to it. I'm not currently engaged in it, though, until the ability delay issue is resolved. It's too frustrating trying to fight as melee, deal with latency spikes, and as of yesterday irritating lag issues to continue right now.