Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So who has the worst storyline? break it down

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So who has the worst storyline? break it down

wavyhill
02.09.2012 , 12:54 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by DervimNorth View Post
To all people complaining about SI story, you should really read a certain The Old Repulic Comics. It pretty much explains how "Darth Thanaton" became Darth and it also made a whole lot more sense as to why did he attacked you in the first place.
That's one of the major problems with the Inquisitor story though. You shouldn't be required to read stuff outside the bloody game just to make sense of your class story, one of the major selling points of the bloody game. That would be like needing to read a series of Bazooka Joe wrappers in order to understand the plot of KotOR. It's an unneeded and unrealistic expectation.

Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
Yeah I agree with this. Some people love the story but right off the bat it I feel alienated by it.

I've had a total of two..? conversations with this guy who ends up dead and suddenly it's my "duty" to avenge him, or at least feign compassion to shut Mako up. Who by the way is all too eager to remind me that Braden got me in the great hunt to begin with every opportunity she gets.

I'm pretty sure my character got herself into the great hunt with all the work she did, and if she had wanted to join it she could have regardless of meeting Mako and crew. Makes me wonder if my bh was better off before meeting this group of people; she would have simply continued.. hunting bounties, presumably.

I still like my character though. I play her super nice and I think she might be the sanest and most rational of all my swtor toons.
Yeah the whole "omg Braden ; ;" thing is one of the worst things about the BH story. It would be much better if it was entirely part of Makos companion story and the main plot didn't try to make you give a damn about a dude you see for all of a minute. Plus Tarro is really, really lame for a main antagonist, dude looks, and acts, like he should still be in grade school. I kept wanting to tell him to come back after his ********s have dropped.

Thankfully I found it rather easy to completely ignore those bits.

On the other hand I liked the individual planet arcs. Those felt good. Even the ones on Dromond Kaas and Nar Shadda, two planets I loathe in every other respect, were engaging and amusing.

Spoiler

grania
02.09.2012 , 01:26 PM | #122
Quote:
On the other hand I liked the individual planet arcs. Those felt good. Even the ones on Dromond Kaas and Nar Shadda, two planets I loathe in every other respect, were engaging and amusing.
I'm almost done with DK and yeah it's been really fun. I even like that lady that whose accent seems to irk a lot of people, the one that sounds like Paula Deen
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--
"Mama, I dies your character, sorree!"