Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross faction grouping ever ?

TapVallian
12.14.2011 , 05:43 PM | #1
Wondering if all the grouping content is faction specific?

My friend and I made characters of both factions and found out you can't even add opposite factions to friends list or send tells.

Even though we have alts his "main" is smuggler and my "main" is bh.

We're wondering if we should only plan on leveling up same faction at one time if grouping content is restricted all the way through.

Gatran
12.14.2011 , 05:50 PM | #2
I hope not! I hated that about WOW it felt dumb I could never recognize anyone! Allies or foe I want to eventually be able to say oh hey theres that jedi knight I hate let me kill him all game. Or say hey there thats healer he always does a good job on our team.... They completely took the fun out of servers on WOW
◅▭∭∭∭∰∰⊑₪₪╣████████████████████████████████████)

Thurgrayden
12.14.2011 , 07:31 PM | #3
I kinda like keeping a degree of separation between the factions. Although, I think it would be pretty cool if there were a few quests/flashpoints in the game where players of both factions ended up working together against a mutual enemy.
I don't mean to insult your stupidity. Really, it's quite magnificent and worthy of praise.

Dasyus
12.14.2011 , 07:57 PM | #4
Supposedly in Huttball you can do a few cross-faction games, but I never once saw that in Beta (others might have).
Yes, I know I am lacking an avatar. It's on purpose.

ReiperX
12.14.2011 , 11:10 PM | #5
I really hope not.

As someone else said, it would be cool for a once in a blue moon mission, but nothing that is normal.

Yes it sucks, but this game is about two sides who generally dispise each other.
Sith Apprentice"Master, whats for dinner"
Sith Lord "Wookie steak"
Sith Apprentice "Is it any good?"
Sith Master "It's a little chewy" .

Dyldo
12.15.2011 , 12:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurgrayden View Post
I kinda like keeping a degree of separation between the factions. Although, I think it would be pretty cool if there were a few quests/flashpoints in the game where players of both factions ended up working together against a mutual enemy.
agreed

i hope there is eventually some "grave threat to the universe" that requires the factions to drop their squabbling and group together. (some kind of mad raid/flashpoint)
//DDE////║║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Kithe
12.15.2011 , 12:35 AM | #7
Just out of curiosity, has there ever been a bigger threat to the galaxy then the sith empire? I sure hope they won't do a blizzard and start rewriting lore just to favor a new expansion in the game for example.

Ordryth
12.15.2011 , 01:05 AM | #8
features such as add-friend are disabled to the opposite faction because you can invite people in your friendlist.

So, if they were to enable this (and I honestly think they should) they need to make it for communicational use only. So you could see if your friends are on their alts of the opposite faction.

Grouping the other faction however, is an honest "no-way" from me... it would be awesome though, but then it removes the use of open-world PvP which they're trying so hard to balance right now.

Even if you could make it like 1 player from the opposite faction joins your group and make both of the players neutral..

Would this mean they can both be attacked by the two factions?
Can both of them attack the two factions, or is it just one person who is being attacked and the others can't do anything about it?
What would happen when you want to quest together, do you have acces to quests of the opposite faction? <-- this answer is obviously a no XD

it requires much more time and thinking through than you might suspect..

yes, it would be fun to do missions together since the objectives are the same, but grouping outside of the missions has no meaning.
Even if you are just trying to help a friend with his quests by using a character from the opposite faction, you can't just walk in places which are owned by the opposite faction.
You can't just stick to his side all the time..

KrustyDog
12.15.2011 , 01:13 AM | #9
Even if they did I would never be in a party with a sith. Ever. Anymore than Yoda would roll with Vader.

morganlion
12.15.2011 , 01:28 AM | #10
They added elements of true evil vrs divine good. If they inserted say evil bad guy the sith would except him/her/it as leader. The two shouldnt never get along here let me sum this up ok Monks vrs Demons k in a nutshell. One wants all senient beings to gain enlightenment the other side could care less and is highly destructive. There isnt room for two to come together. They are polars to each other. You dont really trust the sith empire to say wait wait guys time out flag on the field here. There is this ultra bad guy to our left and we should help the jedi's defeat it. In case you haven't noticed sith kill their masters off when they think they can take em.
So ask yourself do you honestly see cold blooded killers who would turn on their own parents caring enough to say lets go help our sworn hated enemy out?