Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Hard Mode Last Boss Token Non Class Specific

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Make Hard Mode Last Boss Token Non Class Specific

HellFlame
02.17.2012 , 12:50 AM | #11
Its so easy to gear up in this game.
No thank you.

Do some normal EV/KP you gonna gear up a lot faster and you will get columi comms for doing that.

Its not the games or biowares fault that you are unable to use all the available resources.
SW:TOR Endgame

Baconmonster
02.17.2012 , 01:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
I call ********. I've been raiding for a month and done dozens of HM's and I've gotten **** for gear. 3 SW drops from HM and ops are even worse (since destiny loot is not only bias but totally broken). Not to mention that until recently you got next to no columi commendations to try and buy gear with. Even getting full T2 in a week is a stretch, unless you run both ops and the stars align for you and destiny loot just ***** gear out for you every boss (even our best gear drop from raids has been 1 fresh 50 with 3 columi pieces from both tops).
Or you know you could read the words I actually said not what you assume I said. I never said you could do it currently in a day. Yes the stars would have to align for that to work out.

Bracers, chest, pants, gloves, boots, offhand, and head. All of these are columi level and can be obtained via hardmodes. If you take the class requirement off of these tokens you can get all of this gear in a single pass through everytime. Let's say you run this content 2 a day for 5 days. If you do your dailies on Ilum and Belsavis you can get a RAKATA level implant or earpiece. In 5 days you have gotten the bracers, chest, pants, gloves, boots, offhand, and head. On top of that you got the Rakata level item as well. There you go, you have zero reason outside of the daily to do anything but pvp and run ops. You just took an already short endgame and made it even shorter. Congrats.

What they need to do is lower the HM gear tokens to tionese level and make the actual loot drops correct. Not the craptastic mess they are now, where you can (and some usually do) go 10 plus instances without seeing your class token drop. Removing the class requirement doesn't help, it makes matters worse. It's like trying to get rid of a single tree by burning down the whole forest. The loot drop system is the problem not class requirement on tokens.

RAAAAAAAAAAGE
02.17.2012 , 04:26 AM | #13
Having generic loot tokens would be a bad Idea. People would ninja all the time, I've seen people ninja loot for companions when there was a player who needed the Columi tokens. Generic tokens would be bad.
I think they best way to solve it is for tokens to drop only for classes that are present in the instance.

Some of us cant always get a guild run going for HMs because our members have busy personal lives. So pugging is sometimes the only way to go.

Dukibritches
02.17.2012 , 01:04 PM | #14
Running HM FP's is a time sink. If you could run it and get the piece of gear you needed in one run then you would be seeing a lot more "I cant find a HM FP group" QQ. Its best for the game if they do not make the tokens universal for all classes. It makes people go back and run things repeatedly. So I would say it is "Working as intended"

Sliss
02.17.2012 , 01:08 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Baconmonster View Post
Not unless it's tionese tokens in HMs, which it should be. It's already easy enough to get gear in this game. I could literally be mostly columni geared in a single day if class tokens are non-specific. Columni is the second best tier currently available. Making tokens non-specific makes gear runs simple beyond measure. What achievement is there in getting gear when it's all but handed to you?
^ this

Qilz
02.17.2012 , 01:08 PM | #16
No. Gear is easy enough to get. They should have never added Columi to flashpoints in the first place.

Qilz
02.17.2012 , 01:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BrutalNinja View Post
Could not agree more!!!

Me and some friends did our first couple of hard modes today and got nothing usefull on the token drops.
Oh no!!! You did your first hardmode and didn't get purples...OMG what are you going to do.