Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Karagga's Palace

ckoneful
01.22.2012 , 05:10 PM | #1
Single tankable? More specifically the last 2 bosses? Have a spot open in my raid tonight(a tank slot) and wondering if we should just fill it with a DPS since EV/(Earlier)Karagga's were single tankable.

Accomplice
01.22.2012 , 05:59 PM | #2
Normal mode is solo tankable. Hard mode +, I'd probably stick with two.
Accomp
Operation Guides at www.accomp.me/SWTOR
GM of <The Tantalus>

Glorionn
01.22.2012 , 06:01 PM | #3
I did it all last night. I cant remember which boss number he is, but the robot that shields requires an OT.

Bionixx
01.22.2012 , 06:08 PM | #4
For the robot just have someone who can go into a tanking stance. I did it on my shadow. You just need to taunt the boss, pop CDs and hold him for 25 seconds. It's not hard. On Hard mode though you might need a 2nd tank.
Something, something, something, dark side.
Something, something, something, complete.

Obbu
01.22.2012 , 06:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
Single tankable? More specifically the last 2 bosses? Have a spot open in my raid tonight(a tank slot) and wondering if we should just fill it with a DPS since EV/(Earlier)Karagga's were single tankable.
The second last boss has an armor debuff that is significantly more manageable with two tanks.

You might be able to single tank it on normal, depending on your MT's (and healers) gear/skills, but its making life harder, and if your tank happens to gets hit by the fire while he's got 10 stacks of the debuff on him, it can either take him very low, or even kill him if the boss hits him at the same time.

If you're all super-decked though you might be able to just soak it.

Accomplice
01.22.2012 , 06:23 PM | #6
Or just have a battle rez handy. We solo tanked normal with no problems and solo tanked everything on Hard Mode, except Jarg and Sorno, with no problems.
Accomp
Operation Guides at www.accomp.me/SWTOR
GM of <The Tantalus>

hokys
01.22.2012 , 06:35 PM | #7
we did all bosses last night on hm with only 1 tank not hard at all never felt that we needed a second tank for any of them. btw this is coming from a healers point

Tristanian
01.22.2012 , 06:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by hokys View Post
we did all bosses last night on hm with only 1 tank not hard at all never felt that we needed a second tank for any of them. btw this is coming from a healers point
This. We used 1 tank on hard mode with no notable issues. The only fight that I can think of, a 2nd tank might be useful is the bounty hunters, if you don't have people that can interrupt fast enough but then again you will lose on overall DPS. Other than that, the puzzle boss droid is easily manageable with a single tank, if he avoids the fire. He does take multiple stacks of the debuff but you can still outheal the damage, if your healers are worth their salt.
"If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal, then you become something else entirely..."

Sildadar
01.22.2012 , 09:30 PM | #9
For the 8/16 man hard version 2 bosses require tank swaps. Normals are probably possible for solo tanking but life is much easier with 2

FallenFaux
01.22.2012 , 11:23 PM | #10
We just cleared HM KP tonight and only used one tank and no OT. Our tank did die on Sorno and Jarg at about 3%, but it didn't matter we still downed them.
OMEN
Hardcore Progression Guild on The Shadowlands

Snack - Lv50 Operative
Snackrifice - Lv50 Sorcerer