Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

Nordya
02.09.2012 , 02:39 AM | #461
Started WoW in november 2006, always maintained my sub till july 2011 where for some mystical reasons that still elude me, I simply burned out. Maybe it was because friends asked me to go on a pvp server and I'm not fond of that.

Thinking of going back, at least finish my blood elf warrior, sitting at lvl 84 still in WOTLK zones. I would transfer to a pve server tho. SWTOR at some point feels way too much like a single player experience and not enough social, I know WoW is a lot less social these days then when I first started.

Maoxx
02.09.2012 , 02:44 AM | #462
I came from there after 7 years of it. I have gone back just to talk to some friends but not to play. Whats the point the end game of WoW is the same thing as the endgame here. PVP, Raids, or HM/Heroic Dungeons.

Now when Diablo 3 drops......Im outta here. Playing that on the beta, and it's nice.....

CEasterbrook
02.09.2012 , 04:23 AM | #463
I played wow since BC and have not logged in since SWTOR dropped. I can't stand wow anymore its all about the gear and the community stinks. There is little story to keep me interested and what there is just is not enough.

acheros
02.10.2012 , 10:10 AM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by salaryman View Post
Played WoW since vanilla and haven't gone back since SWTOR came out.

Interestingly enough, as another poster had mentioned, the #1 reason I left WoW was the community. I don't know what it is about WoW, but it's basically an online daycare center for self-centered antisocial 11 year olds with low self-esteem and anger management issues.

Thankfully I've seen very, very few of these types playing SWTOR and I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way.
You're implying they're young, and not just really immature. I'll kindly remind you of GIFT.

Strawwberry
02.10.2012 , 01:11 PM | #465
Came from WoW (cata baby), still playing it along with TOR. I only log into WoW though for raids as we're still working on Heroic DS and I prefer leveling in TOR to doing any dungeon/raid/pvp grinding on my alts. Not sure I'll keep playing when the new expansion comes out. I'm not against MoP, I just prefer the Star Wars feel/stories and even classes to WoW's and hope more people flock over here by then as well as hope it will be more polished by then.

Gwenyver
02.10.2012 , 01:38 PM | #466
7 85's in WoW and a couple normal mode Deathwing kills. Played it quite a bit and I still love it, but I'm taking a break from WoW for now and focusing on ToR. I'll probably re-sub maybe a month before MoP.

Right now ToR is a nice relaxing switch from raiding in WoW and I'm loving it.
Lord Ieldis

Sorya, Jedi Sentinel | Agony, Sith Assassin | Leah, Mercenary | Mindy, Sniper