Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

Pastorfrog
01.22.2012 , 04:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Itukaaj View Post
I too will never play wow again GC can diaf
Wow. Issues, much?

To the OP - yeah, I've played WoW since 2006, and I still maintain an active sub. TOR is certainly taking the lion's share of my time, but I still raid casually over there. Both are enjoyable games.

crazyjeffy
01.22.2012 , 04:59 PM | #22
I quit WoW as soon as pandas were announced. Being level 85 was too boring and stale.

I'm absolutely loving ToR.

Darkulous
01.22.2012 , 05:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTTaShoT View Post
Just curious to how many players came from WoW and have returned or how many are still playing ToR?

I myself am playing both games, I know it's crazy but I think it's ok to enjoy more than one game at a time
I'm with you OP.

I still play, and enjoy, both games.
Ebon Hawk
Imperial
Bobba'Fat - BH

Pastorfrog
01.22.2012 , 05:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Feelinestars View Post
I never stopped playing WoW, but about 10 of us tried this game.. we all continue to play WoW, but so far 1 has continued their subscription in SW:TOR. I would say that we are the playerbase. We are the community. We are the consensus. We are the everyman.. if that makes sense. We're a successful WoW guild, and like I said about 10 of us wanted to try it.. it didn't really have a lasting impact.
Everyone says that they're the "everyman." The fact is that there IS no "consensus," there's a huge spectrum of preference with no single one being representative of anything close to a majority. Stop trying to universalize your own perspective.

Cabe
01.22.2012 , 05:02 PM | #25
I stopped playing WoW before Cataclysm came out since I felt the game was becoming extremely boring. I was tired of the constant raid grind with nothing to compel me to want to play. I didn't care because there was no story to make me care about my character.

Honestly they could of stealth changed all the character models in Wow to stick figures and it wouldn't have made any difference in the game play since at that point all anyone cared about was the next teir of gear.

Lethality
01.22.2012 , 05:03 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyjeffy View Post
I quit WoW as soon as pandas were announced. Being level 85 was too boring and stale.

I'm absolutely loving ToR.
You realize Pandaren have been a part of the lore for a long, long time, right?
Interested in a Mac version of TOR? Show your support here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=683591

Gindorf
01.22.2012 , 05:04 PM | #27
Left WOW after 5 years and 4 attempts to quit it, I can finally say I havnt even looked back at.

That said, this game is not going to be the end all be all for me, but it seems to keep me entertained enough to be worthwhile.

Aisar
01.22.2012 , 05:05 PM | #28
I played WoW since OB and I don't see myself going back. I did not have a steady guild or a lot of friends I kept up with when I left though. For the last year I kind of just..wondered lol. Got geared out did some raids but meh.

I hope BW is quick with this games progression lol.
28 Iksar Shadowknight-Freeport Server
"No killing white poobears to make band-aids out of poobear tails."-CygnusMX
http://www.wolfsheadonline.com/swtor...nowhere/#b5414

Garravesh
01.22.2012 , 05:05 PM | #29
i play STo and TOR

I enjoy sto for its space battles and crew Doff system

I play TOR because I love scifi but in its current state I have reservations.

never played WoW...i migrated from eq2

Feelinestars
01.22.2012 , 05:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MrTijger View Post
No, you are not.
Yes, we are.