Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Those complaining about loot in FP's I did some research on my own

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Those complaining about loot in FP's I did some research on my own

DaveMcG
01.23.2012 , 03:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Imapwnu View Post

And it's NOT normal RNG. Fact. If you run with the same group all the time, you'll get reproducible results from each boss 95% of the time.
DING DING DING DING!!!

We have run false emp with the same premade group 13 times. Twice we changed out a couple members.

11 runs have been smuggler jacket (no smuggler in group)

2 runs have been trooper loot (the times we changed up the group makeup).

You find me a penny that will land head 19/20 and I'll buy it off you.

thorizdin
01.23.2012 , 03:40 PM | #22
Plenty for sale. Random(as random as their library supports) numbers in large numbers produce random results. It would take a very large data set (way more than any one person could do in years of game play) to even produce statistically significant results. Unless you have data that covers 1k-2k runs you're not even gonna be able to see a pattern if there is one.

Novastinger
01.23.2012 , 03:42 PM | #23
I concur, from my experiences and observations with hard mode flashpoints, the group make-up seeds the loot tables, and the loot results will soon be quite predictable.

Not sure what to do about it though, as I'm not going to stop running flashpoints with my friends. Maybe convince one of us to level an alt to switch the group makeup now and then, or hope Bioware takes a look at how their system seeds the RNG function and improves it.

Zidaen
01.23.2012 , 03:45 PM | #24
This is only somewhat true on normal modes.

Our consistent HM FP group gets BH drops on almost every boss, every day for the past 2 weeks. We don't have a BH in our group.