Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Those complaining about loot in FP's I did some research on my own

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Those complaining about loot in FP's I did some research on my own

vegasbilly
01.22.2012 , 03:19 PM | #1
OK, so you know how you get into an FP, you beat the boss and then you loot it? (Let's say you're a BH and you have a Sorc, Operative, and A Juggy in your group.) Only to find out the loot is for the agent, you think, no worries next one will be mine hopefully.

You move on to the next boss, kill him and loot him and again the gear is for an agent? This keeps happening the whole way through the FP and you're depressed you tanked and wasted all that time, yet nothing dropped for you. I think I figured out why.

Whoever enters the FP first is the story owner, this causes the FP to gear toward him/her loot table wise. I use Black Talon as an example. I suffer from alt-aholism, so I make a lot of toons. I have gotten to the point where I can solo Black Talon. WHenever I enter the FP 95% of the loot is geared for whatever character I am playing.

If I take that same character and add a friend to the mix, and I still enter first, there is like a 5% chance my friend will get any loot. And if he enters first there is a 5% chance I will get any. Try this out yourselves and see if you get the same results, I would be curious if you experience the same thing.

Have a few of your friends group up and switch who enters the FP to start it off first paying attention to the majority loot that drops. I hope I haven't confused anyone with this just thought I would share with you and perhaps see if it really is fact or I am just delusional.

tmblake
01.22.2012 , 03:32 PM | #2
I have noticed the exact same thing. Although more often than not, if I am the owner and in the FP with a friend, random loot will drop before loot for my friend drops. It's quite odd, and a bit irritating that you have to run it more than once if you want to get loot for both characters.

What's even more irritating is the lack of balancing in received commendations for the starter flashpoints. The Republic side gets 7 commendations MINIMUM every time they run The Esseles. It only takes 14 commendations to get an item from the vendor, so run it twice and you're good. I've run Black Talo countless times, because I like the majority of people prefer the Imperial side, and the max I get is 5. That means I have to run it, at a minimum, one more time than the Republic side. More often than not, I make out with 4 commendations, which means running the flashpoint twice as many times as the Republic has to, just to get one item. Fair? I think not.
▀‼▀▀▀▀!!!▀▀▀▀‼▀ ███████████████████████████████)

Trucane
01.22.2012 , 04:23 PM | #3
I don't think so. 7 false emperors in a row and the chest has been jedi knight / sith warrior every time despite not even having any in our team

Avia
01.22.2012 , 04:24 PM | #4
Ladies and gentlemen, another 'Random loot is not random post'! I don't think we have enough of these.

tmblake
01.22.2012 , 06:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Avia View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, another 'Random loot is not random post'! I don't think we have enough of these.
Or enough completely not helpful responses. If you have nothing useful to say, don't waste our time and your time by writing it.

Mltdwn
01.22.2012 , 09:27 PM | #6
Actually we took a lvl 37 Trooper through Taral V with 2 lvl 50 troopers and a lvl 50 Jedi Guardian just because he wanted to get it done and could never find a group. EVERY single boss dropped an orange piece of trooper gear (the Instance was tied to the Guardian) so it appears to have to do with number of a particular class and their level as to what the loot table and chances are. Needless to say he was one happy trooper. Try it yourself sometime on a low level FP like Taral V or Maelstorm as a group of 50s.

icetronix
01.22.2012 , 10:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mltdwn View Post
Actually we took a lvl 37 Trooper through Taral V with 2 lvl 50 troopers and a lvl 50 Jedi Guardian just because he wanted to get it done and could never find a group. EVERY single boss dropped an orange piece of trooper gear (the Instance was tied to the Guardian) so it appears to have to do with number of a particular class and their level as to what the loot table and chances are. Needless to say he was one happy trooper. Try it yourself sometime on a low level FP like Taral V or Maelstorm as a group of 50s.
Wrong, i run HMs with the same people, myself and our healer are both Sorcs and we almost never get any drops. Its another awesomely crap RNG system.

lowflyingmeat
01.22.2012 , 11:19 PM | #8
False.

I host every FP I make (I am the healer afterall) and I've had to run False Emperor ( a level 50 normal) on Hard mode 5 times just to see my damn chest drop..

Likewise on Black talon, I ran it 10 times before my columi bracer dropped.
And just now, Kaon (Rise of Rakghoul) had NOTHING for me (though I did get the sweet 110% speeder).

Ashane
01.22.2012 , 11:26 PM | #9
Its actually true... and false.

It seems as if lower level flashpoints drop gear for classes that are there, and not stuff that isnt.

Examples like BT/Essels, Hammer Station, Athis.

However, somewhere along the line this chain breaks and FP's just start dropping random crap, and continues with HM versions all the way around.

Run BT a few times on normal mode for kicks and giggles. You should see it will drop something for your *base* class. (I.E. It should give you Jugg or Marauder stuff if you go in as either class)
Ashane | Flameborne

PvP Video's: Aion CBT Aion OB

tmblake
01.23.2012 , 12:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashane View Post
Its actually true... and false.

It seems as if lower level flashpoints drop gear for classes that are there, and not stuff that isnt.

Examples like BT/Essels, Hammer Station, Athis.

However, somewhere along the line this chain breaks and FP's just start dropping random crap, and continues with HM versions all the way around.

Run BT a few times on normal mode for kicks and giggles. You should see it will drop something for your *base* class. (I.E. It should give you Jugg or Marauder stuff if you go in as either class)
This is true. I just ran it as an assassin with a marauder and we got even drops. He got his orange top piece, I got my orange top piece. He got an orange lightsaber, I got a blue shield generator. It's just confusing all around XD