Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering Vibroknives

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineering Vibroknives

mcgyvrsn
01.22.2012 , 10:06 AM | #1
Not sure if anyone else has posted about this, I did a quick search didn't turn up much. I've seen people having problems with RE in general.

Has anyone actually unlocked a new blue/purp schematic for a vibroknife via RE? I've attempted to unlock a blue version of Spec Ops Vibroknife for my Op without much luck. Are there certain vibroknives that can get upgrades via RE? I know there's some schematics you can unlock that have blue quality vibroknives, but that's about it.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

Tickdoff-Tank
01.22.2012 , 10:44 AM | #2
I have seen several threads about this, but they are hard to track down (BIOWARE!! PLEASE GIVE US A FORUM SEARCH FEATURE)

Anyway.. I believe the general consensus is that you can NOT RE a green Vibroknife and recieve a Blue version of it. And since you must RE to a blue before you can RE that blue to a purple....

The one question I still have about it is the Blue schematic for Vibroknoves that you can get from missions.. you *might* be able to RE that to purple, but I have no real information on that. I might give it a try later, just to see.

Axvil
01.22.2012 , 10:59 AM | #3
Great, that explains why I could not get a blue knife to unlock.. As I'm an operative, all I gotta say is -lame-

Lady_Alyria
01.22.2012 , 11:12 AM | #4
Yeah, they seemed to have forgotten to put in higher version of the offhands.

Tickdoff-Tank
01.22.2012 , 11:13 AM | #5
I like being an Armstech, but I agree.. We can not make blue/purple vibroknives, I have not seen a single recipe drop in operations, and we can not make barrels that compare to ones you purchase with daily commendations. All of that needs to be fixed.

We should also be able to craft some Orange weapons before lvl 50 (which require BoP crafting materials), other Crafters can do this, why not Armstech?

Lady_Alyria
01.22.2012 , 11:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickdoff-Tank View Post
I have seen several threads about this, but they are hard to track down (BIOWARE!! PLEASE GIVE US A FORUM SEARCH FEATURE)

Anyway.. I believe the general consensus is that you can NOT RE a green Vibroknife and recieve a Blue version of it. And since you must RE to a blue before you can RE that blue to a purple....

The one question I still have about it is the Blue schematic for Vibroknoves that you can get from missions.. you *might* be able to RE that to purple, but I have no real information on that. I might give it a try later, just to see.
There is a search bar, it's right above this post.

Shardsy
01.23.2012 , 09:23 AM | #7
Just wanted to post my findings. I was trying to reverse engineer which Vibroknife requires level 21 to use for my alt today. I went through about 50 of them before I decided it was time to google the issue.

Glad I'm not just getting amazingly unlucky.

Aethyn
01.23.2012 , 09:51 AM | #8
Tried cracking a blue shotgun schematic the other night. Went through a couple of stacks of materials. Nothing doing.
-Aethyn the Loathsome Dark V
Gunnery Commando
PUG Life
The Jekk'Jekk Tarr

BlastTyrentt
01.26.2012 , 05:39 AM | #9
I have wasted alot of credits because i have been trying to r.e. the lvl 25 tech mastery knife for 2 days. no luck. So giving it up. If anyone has any luck please report back.

Rhaphael
01.26.2012 , 06:41 AM | #10
To the 2 posters above me, you do realize that both Vibroknife and Shotguns can't be RE'd at the moment?

(if you didn't, check my sig for the full bug list)