Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How Important Are Key Bindings vs Point & Click?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How Important Are Key Bindings vs Point & Click?

Dmasterr
03.22.2012 , 01:44 AM | #161
Troll OP is successful.

Zepath
03.22.2012 , 01:50 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Cameirus View Post
if you can win clicking, then who cares?
Exactly ... do what wins for you.

There will come a time however when your age kicks in. I am 57, it is just physically impossible for me to compete at the same level I did even 10 years ago because I don't have the same level of twitch skill.

And because the people designing these games are still in their 20s and 30s, they don't understand, or care.

So, every / any shortcut or speed dealer counts, and the mouse is slower than keystrokes. So what I'm saying is, if you can manage to get yourself off the mouse dependency, you'll be a better player for it.

I do have a Logitech G510, and that helps with a lot of games, but its totally useless here. Their client doesn't like USB.
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

Zepath
03.22.2012 , 01:52 AM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Dmasterr View Post
Troll OP is successful.
What was he trolling? I missed it.
Time you spend judging others should be spent on introspection as to why you feel its your place to judge. Unless you're paying for the product and the vendor is not delivering!!!!!

Kabaal
03.22.2012 , 01:53 AM | #164
A lot of people come from games where PvP was as simple as standing in front of each other and clicking their mouse quickly from 1-9 or running their fingers over those keys, rinse and repeat. I played a game like that about 5 to 7 years ago, Archlord, and really it made no difference whether you were a clicker or used keybinds so it's understandable that some people don't understand the difference.

It's a mindset certain games instil in people from their simplicity and it's no harder to get away from than simply making a toon at level 1, setting up keybinds they think might be comfortable then start playing. Keybinds become habit without thinking about it very quickly, we've all done it whether it was our first, second or third MMO back in the day.

There's no point in asking the question on a forum, there's no point in debating it, just do it and you'll thank yourself.

Mayams
03.22.2012 , 02:25 AM | #165
For what it's worth you may want to check into things like the Razer line of gaming products. The Nostromo, gaming uh... mice? They even have an SWTOR gaming keyboard now apparently. Some people swear by their products though I've never found them neccessary. Not to say I wouldn't be interested in trying some of their stuff out though. I use to have a great sound card from them that was just the ****!

Razer
If we discover a complete theory, it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we should know the mind of God.

fgbh
04.14.2012 , 05:37 PM | #166
i have messed up fingers so i cant use the traditional keybindings that everyone else uses(ex. q,e,r,f,v,z,x,c,1,2,3,4,5). its just to dificult for me to do and its very uncomfortable so instead i keybind to the number pad and dont use the mouse at all unless im not in combat

Ecaj
11.25.2012 , 10:19 AM | #167
Amen!

Mechanix_gr
01.21.2013 , 07:30 AM | #168
It would be better if the game had the feature for both options like other mmorpgs.
Both Mouse Movement and Keyboard Movement...

It has Interface Editor but you are stuck with keyboard movement!!

And we don't have all keyboards and mice with custom and programmable buttons.

Aramyth
01.21.2013 , 07:48 AM | #169
I point and click. I always have.

However, I will already have my mouse over the next skill I want to use before the cast time of my current skill is up. I can strafe with the keyboard and rotate and still keep my front to melee DPS if I choose to. I play with my mouse dpi at 6400, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

KettleBelll
01.21.2013 , 09:40 AM | #170
This guy is always the random guy that fills up wzs on my side
Kettlebell - Prophecy of Five Server